PDA

View Full Version : Sewing Machine sound

Topshotta
05-02-2014, 08:22 PM
I was going to the gym today and decided to wear my half helmet. This was the first time I've used a half helmet on the spyder and I could not believe what I was hearing.......the engine sounds like a sewing machine.

finless
05-02-2014, 08:26 PM
Ummmm... get to know your spyder! When it doesn't sound like that, might be time for a look see :)

It's not a Harley, an GL, or anything else! It has it's own sound.... I pick up on these sounds myself and I recommend you do to. You will know when something has changed or maybe not right!

Sounds like your getting "in tune" with your ride :)

Bob

Topshotta
05-02-2014, 08:56 PM
Ummmm... get to know your spyder! When it doesn't sound like that, might be time for a look see :)

It's not a Harley, an GL, or anything else! It has it's own sound.... I pick up on these sounds myself and I recommend you do to. You will know when something has changed or maybe not right!

Sounds like your getting "in tune" with your ride :)

Bob

Thought I was in tune, I think I am getting intimate now. But you are very correct knowing what the normal sound will be key in picking out when it sounds abnormal.

3 wheeler
05-02-2014, 08:59 PM
Time to get rid of that stock muffler!

spydaman60
05-02-2014, 09:01 PM
:agree: the rs does sound completely different with the half helmet. :shocked: I noticed that last year when riding mine with the same. at first I thought something was going on, but soon realized it was just the air dynamics of the helmets that was hiding or distorting the sounds. weird to say the least! :thumbup:

Chupaca
05-02-2014, 09:17 PM
we use modular helmets so we hear it both ways...then we changed the exhaust so it sounds like a real engine. Now installed JT's air system and it sounds even better...but if you like the quiet stick with it the stock set up...:thumbup:

Dan_Ashley
05-02-2014, 09:30 PM
Time to get rid of that stock muffler!
Naw...it's time to get ear plugs.

fas2000
05-02-2014, 10:48 PM
Naah

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B6wsXPZdq9cTak5OMVlHcVhvX00/edit?usp=docslist_api

Get a muffler ;-)

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk

NZSpyderRyder
05-02-2014, 10:54 PM
I went for a quick ride today, boy does that TBR muffler sound good, not too loud, as I have fitted a P1-X power tip to it, but that roar that makes you feel you have some real power between your legs.

PrairieSpyder
05-02-2014, 11:36 PM
I was going to the gym today and decided to wear my half helmet. This was the first time I've used a half helmet on the spyder and I could not believe what I was hearing.......the engine sounds like a sewing machine.

Make that a "well-oiled sewing machine!"