PDA

View Full Version : Truly Fully Adjustable Windshield - Industries 7

hevnbound
09-02-2008, 03:14 PM
I've had a few people ask me about the adjustable windshield from Industries 7. To refresh your memory, here is the url to the original discussion about the shield: http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6118&highlight=adjustable

According to an email I recently received from Manuel at Industries 7 he said that they should be shipping in a couple of weeks (figure three and you won't be disapppointed - - - my guess ! ;) ?)

By-the-way, this shield is fullyl adjustable (up and down ... back and forward !)

One thing Manuel told me that really impresses me is their dedication to make this windshield right the first time out so they won't have to follow-up shortly thereafter with the "new and improved model"!! I don't think anyone will regret the extra wait. They have field tested the shield and have taken the input of the focus group seriously. As a result of some recommendations from the focus group, they have tweaked the product and are in the process of testing the result. Everything looks good so hopefully all who have preordered will have their windshield around the end of September ..... just in time for great Fall riding weather (albeit, unpredictable weather !!)

With the new risers from MM and this shield, I believe I will be set as far as the touring function of the Spyder is concerned. I love the idea of being able to lower the shield when I'm "cruising" or riding the "twisties". Then I can raise it for interstate/high speed riding .... not to mention being able to raise it for warmth (cold weather) and/or rain. The back and forward adjustment will let me fine tune the shield.

I think they will be available in clear and tint.

Lamonster
09-02-2008, 03:15 PM
:agree::doorag::spyder:

bjt
09-02-2008, 05:41 PM
Are you going to have this windshield in Gatlinburg hevnbound? I am really interested in it and I love the GIVI rack system that I got from Shawn / Thibault who also worked on the Industries 7 stuff, if I'm not mistaken. I would just like to see it in person before buying it.

Lamonster
09-02-2008, 05:43 PM
MagicMan is setup as a dealer now so maybe I can get him to send me one down for you guys to checkout. :doorag:

bjt
09-02-2008, 05:46 PM
Magic Man is an Industries 7 dealer? Well now I know where to get one if I want one!

Lamonster
09-02-2008, 05:52 PM
Magic Man is an Industries 7 dealer? Well now I know where to get one if I want one!

I think he just got setup with them. :doorag: