PDA

View Full Version : Interesting emails with local dealer

MMcc
05-01-2014, 04:23 PM
I have been in contact with the closest dealer to me about a 2014 ST SE5. The weather has not been to nice so they told me that they would not be giving demo rides until the weather clears. I just contacted them again and said how about a demo ryde on Saturday? They told me no, they are having an open house then and would not have any time for demo rydes. I responded OK I will check with other dealers in the area. Then I get an email saying Oh we are having demo rides on Saturday come up and try one out. Since I already made arrangements at a different dealer I don't think I want to do any business with the first dealer after that run around.

ARtraveler
05-01-2014, 04:28 PM
Sounds like "the usual" we get from some dealers. As long as you have already made other arrangements, I would stick with them. If you decide to buy, it might be good to give both dealers a crack at best price.

PS: Enjoy that test ryde. :thumbup:

Bob Denman
05-01-2014, 04:34 PM
:agree: good luck on Saturday! :thumbup:

bcoulter19
05-01-2014, 04:45 PM
Sounds to me like the first dealer will probably be a passion to deal with even if he some how comes up with the best price. Put him in the wind and forget him, he's not worth the trouble.

Chupaca
05-01-2014, 05:01 PM
make a day of it and go to both. Get a full day of ryding the buy it from the second dealer anyway...:thumbup::thumbup:

rnharriman
05-01-2014, 05:11 PM
I just bought mine, I played 2 dealers against each other got a great price for the complete deal.

Bob Denman
05-01-2014, 05:14 PM
:congrats: It's even in the right color too! :2thumbs:

sddinnh
05-01-2014, 05:46 PM
:congrats: It's even in the right color too! :2thumbs:

No it's not ;) :joke:

Bob Denman
05-01-2014, 06:31 PM
Yup :D! It sure is! :yes::ohyea::yes: 87407
Cognac up!... :cheers: ...Drink! :thumbup:

PW2013STL
05-01-2014, 11:12 PM
Yup :D! It sure is! :yes::ohyea::yes: 87407
Cognac up!... :cheers: ...Drink! :thumbup:

Your both wrong :p :roflblack::roflblack::roflblack:

MouthPiece
05-02-2014, 06:06 AM
My thoughts are that I'm more concerned with the service department of a dealership than sales. Admittedly I like to be treated with a certain amount of enthusiasm and interest when it comes to sales, but my primary concern is how am I going to be treated and what is the competency of those working on my spyder after I bought it. My sales experience has usually been anywhere from 2 to 4 hours. However, my service experience has been much more.

Chris

BajaRon
05-02-2014, 07:10 AM
I can understand that a dealership would not want to be giving demo rides in bad weather. That is in the best interest of both parties. But once the weather is not a factor there should not be any problems regardless of what else they have going on.

And REALLY! No demo rides during an 'Open House' event! That is EXACTLY when they should be giving demo rides. That makes no sense to me at all.

Still, if it were me, I think I'd drop in just to see what happens. You never know.

Bob Denman
05-02-2014, 07:19 AM
:agree: I couldn't think, of a more appropriate time for them! :dontknow:

Tango
05-02-2014, 08:12 AM
:agree: I couldn't think, of a more appropriate time for them! :dontknow:

:agree:

SteveMac
05-02-2014, 08:18 AM
My thoughts are that I'm more concerned with the service department of a dealership than sales. Admittedly I like to be treated with a certain amount of enthusiasm and interest when it comes to sales, but my primary concern is how am I going to be treated and what is the competency of those working on my spyder after I bought it. My sales experience has usually been anywhere from 2 to 4 hours. However, my service experience has been much more.

Chris

:agree:
I was going to post almost verbatim what Chris wrote. Spot on!
The purchase only lasts a few hours.
The service department is potentially for the life of your ownership.

wyliec
05-02-2014, 01:32 PM
MMcc,

Not that there is anything wrong with e-mail; but, why didn't you call them and speak directly to someone? I find e-mail to impersonal. I certainly wouldn't write off the first dealer based on an e-mail. I agree with the others that say service is most important and the only way to determine that is with a visit.

PW2013STL
05-02-2014, 02:14 PM
I have been in contact with the closest dealer to me about a 2014 ST SE5. The weather has not been to nice so they told me that they would not be giving demo rides until the weather clears. I just contacted them again and said how about a demo ryde on Saturday? They told me no, they are having an open house then and would not have any time for demo rydes. I responded OK I will check with other dealers in the area. Then I get an email saying Oh we are having demo rides on Saturday come up and try one out. Since I already made arrangements at a different dealer I don't think I want to do any business with the first dealer after that run around.

Which dealer are you test riding at?

whiteyron
05-02-2014, 02:26 PM

Dealer name?:lecturef_smilie:

MMcc
05-02-2014, 03:00 PM
Here is the situation. Wanted to demo ride a 2014 ST. Located the dealers close to me from BRP site. Sent emails asking if they had a 2014 ST available for a demo ride. One responded that no demo rides until the weather cleared up. This I understand. Then I saw in the local paper that they were have an open house this week-end so contacted them again and asked if the spyders would be available for demo. Email came back saying they would probably be too busy for demo rides. I replied that I would then call other dealers in the area to see what they had available. Found that 2014 ST are being assembled at some but all wanted to sell me a 2013 ST that they have on the floor. I do not want a 2013 ST and told them that. Now I keep getting calls trying to convince me that there is no difference between the 2013 and the 2014 ST. I much prefer emails as I can deal with them when I have the time. Phone calls on the other hand require a more immediate response. First dealer just north of me then emailed back that they spoke to the GM and they would be allowing demo rides this weekend. Weather will be clear and cool so will probably head there and see what they have. BTW they do have a good service department for 2 wheels as I had used them many times for various bikes. Then in 2008 got a GS but purchased it down south (Atlanta) as none were available in MN at the time. Had that in for service more times than I care to count. Brake pads, plug wires, DPS, plug wires again, rear brake rotor, belt adjustment and alignment shift problems. Each time when one thing was fixed another problem came up and all seemed to me related to the prior work. Purchased my 2011 RTs from a different dealer further away and they have done all my service with no issues. I simply want to demo a 2014 ST. After that who knows.