PDA

View Full Version : Black hole in Springfield, MO

PrairieSpyder
05-01-2014, 08:32 AM
I'm beginning to think there's a black hole in my hotel room, or else whatever sucks in single socks in the dryer. I used my pocket knife to cut off some tags yesterday morning. Then later in the day, I could not find the knife anywhere. I finally used my nail clippers to cut off more tags. Then last night I had the TV on and had been using the remote control. I went to get ready for bed, came back and couldn't find the remote. I looked everywhere, even under the bed and behind the furniture. No remote and no knife.

I ended up finding the buttons on the edge of the TV to change the channel, and continued searching. Then, finally I ran my hands all over the bed spread I had folded back (eewww - hotel bedspreads) and found the remote in the fold.

Still haven't found my knife.

SPYD1
05-01-2014, 08:35 AM
I thought you were going to say all your money was disappearing...:roflblack::roflblack::roflblack:

Bob Denman
05-01-2014, 08:44 AM
Patti,
You and I must both be suffering with the same case of "Tool Fairies" :shocked:
Every time that I open up a toolbox; one of them wanders off with whatever 10mm wrench and phillips-head screwdriver I happen to be using. :gaah:
The only known solution: sitting down, and taking a break! :thumbup:

PrairieSpyder
05-01-2014, 09:07 AM
I thought you were going to say all your money was disappearing...:roflblack::roflblack::roflblack:

That's happening, too. But not in my room.

Chupaca
05-01-2014, 09:40 AM
get someone to gift you another gremlin bell and wear it around your neck...I think they are relatives..!! :roflblack:

sddinnh
05-01-2014, 09:44 AM

By staying away from the Vendor Area :banghead:

sddinnh
05-01-2014, 10:02 AM

Well yesterday someone came into my hotel room and took my left shoe and wallet.
I could understand my wallet but why my left shoe?
... someone must have interrupted them because they threw my left shoe under the bed and put my wallet in another pair of pants.

Funny how that happens :yikes:

Bob Denman
05-01-2014, 10:39 AM
By staying away from the Vendor Area :banghead:
:shocked: But... What's the fun in THAT??? :gaah:

Roger,
Did that other pair of pants also have my 10 mm wrench?

SDM
05-01-2014, 11:04 AM
And you know, of course, that the minute you buy a replacement for your knife (or whatever item you have lost) it will show up!!:banghead:

Bob Denman
05-01-2014, 11:07 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ONPaTqJY1Is

ARtraveler
05-01-2014, 11:36 AM
I have exactly the same problems. Does anyone think it might have something to do with our maturity levels? :roflblack:

PS. I like the signature picture with the Circuit Yellow :spyder2: :yes::yes::yes:

sddinnh
05-01-2014, 11:45 AM
Of course you do :D:spyder:

PW2013STL
05-01-2014, 11:49 AM
PS. I like the signature picture with the Circuit Yellow :spyder2: :yes::yes::yes:[/QUOTE]

:agree: love the smile, but Patti needs to find matching shoes :shocked:

Bob Denman
05-01-2014, 11:51 AM
:shocked: :agree: Maybe Roger's other pants already have a pair; in her size... :dontknow:

PW2013STL
05-01-2014, 11:53 AM
:shocked: :agree: Maybe Roger's other pants already have a pair; in her size... :dontknow:

:roflblack:
:roflblack::roflblack:
:roflblack::roflblack::roflblack:

bruiser
05-01-2014, 05:00 PM
Had a similar problem last year at SF. Seems our wine kept disappearing. 87404

Bob Denman
05-01-2014, 05:07 PM
That stuff evaporates like nothing I've ever seen before... :dontknow:
:roflblack:

PrairieSpyder
05-01-2014, 06:28 PM
:shocked: But... What's the fun in THAT??? :gaah:

Roger,
Did that other pair of pants also have my 10 mm wrench?

Or my pocket knife?

And you know, of course, that the minute you buy a replacement for your knife (or whatever item you have lost) it will show up!!

Ain't that the truth? I may look for one at Bass Pro before I go home. It was just a little Swiss Army knife, but I liked it because it had a little scissors, tweezers, etc.

Bob Denman
05-01-2014, 06:33 PM
Patti,
PM me your mailing address; I'd like to buy you a Guardian Bell for your new bike...
Thanks! :D

PrairieSpyder
05-01-2014, 06:35 PM
PS. I like the signature picture with the Circuit Yellow :spyder2: :yes::yes::yes:

:agree: love the smile, but Patti needs to find matching shoes :shocked:[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I know. There was a time when I wouldn't be caught dead wearing pink, but I am particular about how my shoes fit, and when I found these, they didn't have another color, so I bought them.

draboo
05-01-2014, 11:28 PM
My definition of "Gettin' Lucky" is walking into a room and remembering what I m looking for.

AbNormy
05-02-2014, 01:16 AM
😄😎😅😱

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk

PrairieSpyder
05-02-2014, 02:43 PM
I went to the Bass Pro Outlet store and bought a replacement for my lost Swiss Army knife. It's a tiny little Gerber multi-tool, so if my pocket knife turns up, at least I'll have a variety of tools. The guy showing the knives to me pointed out that the knife tip on the Gerber was blunt, so you can't accidentally stick yourself with the end. I was thinking, "What? Do I look like I'm in kindergarden?"

So I ask to see another knife that would be easier to open. The guy handed it to me opened and I closed it and then got it about 1/2 open and stuck the side of my thumb with it! :opps: He asks if I'd like a band-aid. Since I take blood-thinners I think that's a good idea. He can't find one, so I go the the ladies room, rinse it and hold a paper towel on it. While I'm in there I hear on the PA, "Code 13, knife counter. Code 13, knife counter." Great. How embarrassing. I go back to the counter and there's another employee there waiting with a band-aid. I asked if he's a doctor. No, but he is a paramedic!!

At least they didn't call an ambulance. :gaah:

Bob Denman
05-02-2014, 02:53 PM
:shocked: Got everything stopped; I hope! :thumbup:
(The Bell is on the way... Maybe I should have sent you a pair of them to wear as earrings... :D)

PrairieSpyder
05-02-2014, 03:09 PM
:shocked: Got everything stopped; I hope! :thumbup:
(The Bell is on the way... Maybe I should have sent you a pair of them to wear as earrings... :D)

I look forward to getting it, Bob. Thank you! http://www.myemoticons.com/images/animals/safari/monkey-kiss.gif

Vidman
05-02-2014, 04:54 PM
Not sure if this will help:

In my 50's I started "losing" things also. The memory of where I "lost" them was short and it really upset me. Now in my 60's I still "lose" things and get PO'd about it but I forget about being upset very quickly. Result = happy disillusionment and enjoyment ryde to the store to replace it.

I just worry in my 70's I will "Lose my way home."

Bob Denman
05-02-2014, 04:55 PM
:D Right back Atcha!! :thumbup: http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/16/16_12_169.gif

PrairieSpyder
05-02-2014, 05:14 PM
Not sure if this will help:

In my 50's I started "losing" things also. The memory of where I "lost" them was short and it really upset me. Now in my 60's I still "lose" things and get PO'd about it but I forget about being upset very quickly. Result = happy disillusionment and enjoyment ryde to the store to replace it.

It's like that crazy people who don't know they're crazy don't have a problem!

Bob Denman
05-02-2014, 05:30 PM
If you lose your way home; it only means that the ride to get there will be longer! :2thumbs: