PDA

View Full Version : No Oil change parts for my 14

bluestratos
04-30-2014, 09:30 PM
Well still no kit available, they have oil of course. I am planning a trip to Reno in a few weeks and I will be well over the 3000 mile oil change by the time I get back, probably more like 5K. I wonder if I should just the change the oil for the trip, I doubt the filters are dirty in the first place but what you think?

Nils888
04-30-2014, 10:02 PM
I ordered all the gaskets, o rings and oil filter separately. Did my oil change!! Still riding:D

Chupaca
04-30-2014, 10:48 PM
go on the trip. You will probably find what you need there. Do the oil change there unless your doing your own. If not bring what you need home and do it when you get back. Have a great trip and be safe...:thumbup::ohyea:

garb55
05-01-2014, 12:24 AM
I know the dealer in Reno does not stock much for the :spyder2:
I ended up getting my filter at the dealer in Roseville California
I did not like the service department in Reno ether

I did not change all the O rings or crush washers because they were in go shape and I have checked there are no leaks
I live about 2.5 hrs south of Reno and 250 miles from Roseville
I will make the trip to Roseville when ever I need service they are great

Don

murphybrown
05-01-2014, 05:38 AM
Well still no kit available, they have oil of course. I am planning a trip to Reno in a few weeks and I will be well over the 3000 mile oil change by the time I get back, probably more like 5K. I wonder if I should just the change the oil for the trip, I doubt the filters are dirty in the first place but what you think?

Many '14 owners here at Spyderfest '14 are having this same discussion. One fellow, spacetrucker, has about 10k on his '14...and of course no filter kits available for changing oil. BRP techs here told him to have his dealer register on his account that he has attempted (multiple times in his case) to purchase same and of course cannot be done. That way if there was an issue it would be documented. And also they suggested to drain oil and replace. Which he was going to do or maybe he did cause he mentioned last night that his oil was "clean" and filter looked fine. Just a suggestion based on what the chatter is here. Drive safe to Reno...see you in a few. :thumbup:
Just a note...even BRP here at Spyderfest do not have kits/filters for the '14 and no ETA!!!!

SpyRyd
05-01-2014, 06:20 AM
All I can say is WOW! My dealer did the 3000 mile service on my 14 RT-L and signed my owners manual. He charged me for a new filter and O rings so I'm confident he replaced the old filter/O rings. Am I reading here that there are no filters, O rings, etc. yet available on the market for the 14 RTs? If that is the case then I have to ask...how could BRP let that happen?

skeetshooter
05-01-2014, 07:33 AM
My dealer got me all orings and filter.

Bob Denman
05-01-2014, 07:38 AM
This is a bit more than a mildly disturbing trend... :shocked:
Thanks for the warning, and good luck in finding what you need! :thumbup:

Highwayman2013
05-01-2014, 07:38 AM
They should have gone to a standard spin on filter not a special one off cartridge. I have a spin on on my Kawasaki and can get one that fits in any auto parts store.

bluestratos
05-01-2014, 09:17 AM
I like to do my own service, it allows me to do inspections and to keep the engine clean so if no kit available by this weekend I will just buy the oil and replace prior to the trip. My dealer is under the impression they will get the oil change kit any day now so he may not be in the loop.

Thanks for the info to all :-)

Flash Gordon
05-01-2014, 10:21 PM
My dealer CFPS did my 3,000 change a couple of weeks ago. They had everything needed to do the service. (I hope) anyway it is all listed on my bill as done.

Chupaca
05-01-2014, 11:23 PM
it's trust in your dealership. They can put whatever they want on your bill. Does not mean they changed them. You can ask for old parts but whose to tell whose parts they are. Crush washers and O rings can be reused if not damaged. They are cheap so why run the risk..?? pick your own parts turn them in at service, they will put customer supplied parts...:thumbup: Still whose to know..:dontknow:

SpyRyd
05-02-2014, 06:08 AM
I agree, PMK. I checked and all the individual oil change parts were available for ordering from the BRPs parts site. The "kit" may not be available but the individual parts are.

I trust my dealer and I'm confident my 3000 mile service was done correctly.

Ronbo
05-10-2014, 08:24 PM
:D
I ordered all the gaskets, o rings and oil filter separately. Did my oil change!! Still riding:D

But, I also have 2014 RT. Did your smooth spyder belt tensioner make much of a difference?

Thanks,

Ron