PDA

View Full Version : Owners of two Spyders

Geosik
04-30-2014, 07:31 PM
Owners of two spyders, what trailer do you use to haul your spyders?

I only own one at this time but my crystal ball is telling me......

Chupaca
04-30-2014, 08:35 PM
twice as long as the one you have now..!! :roflblack::roflblack: depends on how many you want to haul. Live in or trailer only, closed or open. Check the for sale forum there were some for sale recently..do remember a very nice toy hauler...:thumbup:

gene0108
04-30-2014, 08:56 PM
You need a 20' utility trailer for 2 rt's

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

bruiser
04-30-2014, 09:15 PM
I have an 8X20 enclosed V nose, dual axle with 4 wheel brakes. Minimum opening is 7 foot. If you get a trailer, look in to getting the Spyder clamps too.

Hammertime
04-30-2014, 09:54 PM
just wondering -- why would you want to trailer a Spyder when you can ride it -- (but thats just me!!)

SpyderMonkei
05-01-2014, 01:17 AM
I have a Tommy's Trailer (they have a web page) which is aluminum. I hauled two trikes on it behind the RV. We sold the RV and both trikes and got the RT. I am in the process of putting it up for sale on LSN. The trailer is located in Crossville TN.

I don't need the trailer anymore because I no longer own two trikes and am going to get an ultimate trailer.

r1100rider
05-01-2014, 01:34 AM

I only own one at this time but my crystal ball is telling me......i use my snowmobile trailer one forward and one backwards they just fit I marked where the tires have be and hole sawed holes so I can wrap the wheels for tie downs i put a bungee around the top of the windshield and pull towards the seat on the backwards one so the wind won't rip off the windshield it all works well pulled it many times no problem

jcthorne
05-01-2014, 04:50 AM
We have an aluminum Sloan Kwikload. Think of a roll back flat bed wrecker but on a trailer. The whole bed moves back and down to form a ramp. Easy drive on trailer and no ramps. It was actually built for my GT but had them add additional D rings in the deck for tying down bikes. It carries the 2 spyders facing forward just fine or 4 regular bikes. Since the trailer only weighs 1250 lbs, it tows easily. Well built trailer and the easiest to load I have ever used.

KatLen0405
05-01-2014, 10:33 AM
We have an 8" x 20' CarMate enclosed twin axle trailer. You really can't go any smaller than that. My hubby has had both of his shoulders rebuilt so rides on the highway over 5 hours are just not comfortable. That's why we trailer. The event in Durango this year and the cruise in December in FL is what finally made us bite the bullet and get a trailer.

Motorcycledave
05-01-2014, 11:42 AM
I know this may be a dumb question but.... here goes, Why don't you just ride them both?
or if you do trailer one tow it with the other spyder.... I have a trailer I have towed with me GoldWing
and had one of my other bikes on it, it's kinda fun seeing people look at you going down the road like that
Dave

I only own one at this time but my crystal ball is telling me......

Bob Denman
05-01-2014, 12:23 PM
Dave,
That MIGHT be okay under absolutely perfect condtions... ;)
But if "The Tail Started Wagging The dog"... :yikes: