PDA

View Full Version : The Nannermobile Has Arrived.

ARtraveler
04-30-2014, 02:54 PM
Got a call from my dealer this AM. My new 2014 Circuit Yellow is in. Went over and did a short test drive--and Boy do I like it so far.

Now finishing up with the Black Widow, and off to beta test the 2014.

PS. The Circuit Yellow color is stunning. Its a metallic and just glistens in the sun.

I will post some pictures within the next day or so. Gotta go rydeing. :yes::yes::yes:

EDIT: Ride review in post #17.

sddinnh
04-30-2014, 03:15 PM
NEET !!!!!!! Enjoy :yes::yes::yes:

jthornton
04-30-2014, 03:20 PM
:2thumbs::congrats:on your new :spyder2:

JT

Flash Gordon
04-30-2014, 03:44 PM
:2thumbs::congrats:on your new :spyder: Looking forward to the pic's. Wishing you many miles of smiles. They really got it right with this 2014. It is fantastic!!!!:yes::clap:

SteveMac
04-30-2014, 04:26 PM
Major :congrats:

Chupaca
04-30-2014, 04:29 PM
You start with the pictures..!! :congrats: you must be bouncing off the wall waiting to get back to her..enjoy and be safe..!! :2thumbs:

safecracker
04-30-2014, 04:56 PM
CONGRATULATIONS, the wait is over. :clap::clap::yes::yes:

Topshotta
04-30-2014, 05:12 PM
Congrats.....you waited a lonnnnnng time for its arrival.

PW2013STL
04-30-2014, 05:28 PM
Congrats :ohyea::thumbup::2thumbs::yes:. I know you are going to love it. I do like that yellow a lot. If CanAm offered the limited in that color that is the color I would have picked.

As always :cheers: To many many many miles of smiles.

acinpcola
04-30-2014, 05:36 PM
Congrats on the new ryde

SNOOPY
04-30-2014, 05:40 PM
Congrats!

About time someone got the right color. :thumbup:

Bob Denman
04-30-2014, 05:48 PM
Su-WEET!!! :2thumbs:
A toast to you, your new bike, and LInda...
To countless miles, smiles, and good times for you! :2thumbs:
Cognac up... :cheers: ...Drink! :thumbup:

Jim&Teresa
04-30-2014, 05:53 PM
:congrats: on your new Spyder! Can't wait to see the pics!!! :clap: Enjoy! :yes::yes::yes:

PaSpyderRyder
04-30-2014, 07:11 PM
:congrats: on your new :spyder2:

Many safe miles to ya

Bob

mastertek2000
04-30-2014, 07:53 PM
Congrats!

SDM
04-30-2014, 08:25 PM
Welcome to the 1330 Club.:clap: We still need to get someone to teach us the secret handshake - and find us some decoder rings!!!:yes:

ARtraveler
05-01-2014, 11:12 AM
I wish to thank all of you for your kind words and :congrats:. I will take some pictures and post them today. A crazy day yesterday with the new :spyder2: making its presence here.

In spite of all the craziness, I did manage to put 150 beta test miles on the new "NannerCycle." I guess I am going to call it that in reference to the yellow color. For now anyway, that is what I am doing.

Talk about "Rock Star--deja vu--all over again!" I could not believe all the cars that pulled alongside for a real good gawk. I got the thumbs up from over a dozen assorted. People walking down my road, yelled out "nice bike" and waved. The yellow color seems to be a real attention getter.

My dealer is going to give Linda and I, a stay at a nice resort as a gift for my purchase. That is way above and beyond--IMO of course. Thank you Hal. :2thumbs:

Now for the part many of you are wondering about. My first impressions about the new 2014.

:ani29:: It is a different ryde than either the 2010 or 2011 RT. I am still getting used to the lower RPM shifting. It's ready to go to the next gear at 2000 rpms. So far, I am liking 2500-3000 as a shift point. I am also noticing I can drive two gears higher than I am used to from the other Spyders. Do I like it? A thousand or more miles will tell.

:ani29:: I filled the gas tank early on, so no mpg observations yet. I will refill this afternoon because I am going on a group ryde tonight. The analog gas gauge and temperature gauges seem to be rock solid. I like that, so far, no intentions to disarm the analog gauges as done on the previous RT's.

:ani29:: Not sure about the OEM seat. It seems a bit soft on the bum. I do like the higher notch for the back. I have a Utopia backrest, but am going to wait a few miles to determine if I am going to install it, or put the Corbin and back rest on the new :ani29:. Glad I did not part with the Corbin yet.

:ani29:: I can live with the missing trunk release button. For $99 or so, I can give the key a push/turn motion.

:ani29:: No buyers remorse here whatsoever. It was easy to part with the Black Widow. Someone is going to get a really nice, well broken in, used :spyder2:. I would do this all over again--no questions asked. I guess you could say that I am "on board" as it relates to the new 2014 RT.

:ani29:: I like the sound and new feel of the 1330 ACE. Much quieter operation and seems much smoother with the shifting also. I have been letting it downshift, and am starting to like that feature. I will give the radio a try today, and see if I can hear it better than on the other RT's. RADIO UPDATE: I can actually hear the words to the songs. The radio works fine at highway speed.

Enough for now. Pictures to come. It's great to be a :ani29: owner. :yes::yes:

Bob Denman
05-01-2014, 11:43 AM
Thanks for the report! :thumbup:
What do you think of the forward tilt of the floorboards? :D

(I wasn't too sure about that :shocked:...)
Then; I rode the bike! :2thumbs:
For the first time ever; I've got my feet flat on the 'Boards; MUCH more comfortable!

Now; I wish that I had set up my ISCI's the same way, on the 2010!

ARtraveler
05-01-2014, 12:12 PM
Thanks for the report! :thumbup:
What do you think of the forward tilt of the floorboards? :D

(I wasn't too sure about that :shocked:...)
Then; I rode the bike! :2thumbs:
For the first time ever; I've got my feet flat on the 'Boards; MUCH more comfortable!

Now; I wish that I had set up my ISCI's the same way, on the 2010!

I was trying to think about everything and yes, I missed the floorboards. I actually like them. The angle seems just right for my small, bent frame. I did all the miles yesterday without sheepskin/gel or Airhawk assist. My hip was beginning to ache, but normally that does not happen for 50 miles or so. My bum was more sore than my hip. By the end of the weekend, I am guessing I will have a better opinion on the seat.

Bob Denman
05-01-2014, 12:27 PM
So if your "Southern Hemisphere" wasn't complaining too actively... :2thumbs:
And you have yet to break out any of your available weapons too! :D :thumbup:

Tango
05-01-2014, 01:57 PM
The yellow really pops in the sun! :congrats: Tom :trike:

ARtraveler
05-01-2014, 02:44 PM
Update: Gas mileage on that unimportant first tank. The low fuel light kicked in at 178 miles. I filled at 180.9 and it took 5.5 gallons. That's 32.89090909 miles per gallon. Let's call it 33 mpg just to keep it less complicated and not to imply more accuracy than intended.

Guessing that this might work its way to 35 mpg or better as time and miles wear on.

Bob Denman
05-01-2014, 03:59 PM
:congrats:
What did your 998s normally get for mileage? :dontknow:

ARtraveler
05-01-2014, 04:24 PM
:congrats:
What did your 998s normally get for mileage? :dontknow:

30-31 mpg about 99% of the time.

PrairieSpyder
05-01-2014, 06:17 PM
:congrats: on your new Nannercycle! Circuit yellow RULES!!! JMHO!

I checked mileage today and got 37.34 mpg on my first measurable fill-up. I also like the floorboards, as opposed to the pegs. But since I have short legs, I'll still look for some highway pegs that might work. In talking with Lamont yesterday, he may have some new ones available soon that will put my feet closer to the Spyder body. I don't care for those that are really wide.

Please post some pics as soon as possible.

Bob Denman
05-01-2014, 06:29 PM
Patti,
Are you racing yours tonight? :dontknow:

spyder3
05-01-2014, 07:06 PM
nice...:congrats: on the yeller :ani29:

PrairieSpyder
05-01-2014, 08:19 PM
Patti,
Are you racing yours tonight? :dontknow:

Nah. That would void the warrenty! :lecturef_smilie: I'm actually sitting in my warm hotel room.

(BTW, posted your souvineer today.)

jthornton
05-01-2014, 08:24 PM
Nah. That would void the warrenty! :lecturef_smilie: I'm actually sitting in my warm hotel room.

That is our plan too warming up in the room.

JT

Bob Denman
05-02-2014, 07:23 AM

(BTW, posted your souvineer today.)

Thanks a MILLION!! :D :clap: