PDA

View Full Version : Baja Ron Sway Bar on My 2014

bluestratos
04-30-2014, 09:20 AM
Well decided to install the new sway bar last night, easy job and took about 45 mins to complete. I took her our for a round the block and wow, the difference was felt the second I made my first turn. Less than 1/2 the body roll and felt much more comfortable. It works so well my traction control was lighting up like a Christmas tree every turn I made a turn, lol... of course I was doubling my normal cornering speed for the test run lol. I am very critical of most upgrades, for the most part they never deliver what they promise but if you buy just one thing this year for the 14, buy his sway bar. I promise you won't look back its that great. I can hardly wait to take the roundabouts on the highway near my home, they are rated at 15mph, before I could do a comfortable 30 before this so it will be a good comparison.

How's that Ron, was it worth the $500 bucks you promised me for a glowing report? lol... Kidding of course :D. Thanks again Ron, you shipped it on Friday and it arrived Monday!

Bob Denman
04-30-2014, 09:25 AM
:shocked: I almost wish that you hadn't posted this...
It's getting tougher and tougher to resist this upgrade! :thumbup:
(Sorry, Ron!:opps:)

Chupaca
04-30-2014, 09:36 AM
It took me a long time to decide to make the change. I thought it could not make that much of a difference. I saw and now you do as well. Did the hiem joint when he first put them out because the composite ones don't inspire confidence with the faster speeds in the hills and twisties you achive with the new bar. Congrats..!! good to know it is a easy job and it makes your ryde more fun than it akready is...:2thumbs: :ohyea:

bluestratos
04-30-2014, 09:41 AM
Do it Bob.. do it lol...
Funny, the last bar I installed on my 2011 was not even that notable but I had some heavy duty springs on my Elka's so I think that disguised the improvement. However, that made the ride way to stiff and I felt every pebble on the road. This works great as the smooth ride remains but the corners flatten out. I tried some quick maneuvers as if swerving to miss something on the road and wow... hang on as she responds instantly.

SPYDERKIDZ
04-30-2014, 09:44 AM
Hi,
Got my swaybar on my 2013 RT Ltd. yesterday. Rode the Chuckanut Hiway for a test ryde and Wowsers! Huge huge difference. Thanks Ron:D
Jerry

spyder3
04-30-2014, 09:45 AM
No elkas on the 2014 correct? i noticed a big difference on my 2011 for handling, but it also made the ride stiff and mirrors jumpy. Adjusted shocks to make it better and have the best of both wheels. Thanks for the report.

Bob Denman
04-30-2014, 09:56 AM
:shocked: :opps:
I guess that a little bit more "Saddle-Time", will make it easier to decide!
Then comes the tough part; getting it past the Missus! :yikes:

bluestratos
04-30-2014, 11:35 AM
No Elka's on my 2014, don't believe I will need them as the new shock geometry and manufacturer work great.

My first wife controlled the purse strings and spent every dime so I learned what not to do in my second marriage. We both work but I have my own account (she has access but never cares to look) and she transfers a set amount each payday to here own account. Sort of a don't ask, don't tell policy This has worked great for 25 years so she frowns some times when she sees something new but I do not volunteer information, lol. She knows she can have anything she wants but she never wants anything, lol..Got to love that wife of mine :D

I am really looking forward to riding the Chuckanut!

jthornton
04-30-2014, 12:09 PM
The BajaRon sway bar was the best improvement for my 2012 RT and the wife loved it. She would not ride the spider because of body roll and always chose the GoldWing when we rode.... then came Ron and it's a 50/50 split now. BTW, what's a purse string? My wife doesn't have any strings on her purse...

JT

Bob Denman
04-30-2014, 12:47 PM
No Elka's on my 2014, don't believe I will need them as the new shock geometry and manufacturer work great.

My first wife controlled the purse strings and spent every dime so I learned what not to do in my second marriage. We both work but I have my own account (she has access but never cares to look) and she transfers a set amount each payday to here own account. Sort of a don't ask, don't tell policy This has worked great for 25 years so she frowns some times when she sees something new but I do not volunteer information, lol. She knows she can have anything she wants but she never wants anything, lol..Got to love that wife of mine :D

:shocked: Does she have a sister?? :D

bluestratos
04-30-2014, 09:27 PM
Yup, two of them but they both control the purse, lol.....Guess I got the pick of the litter, lol. hmmmm that came out wrong, I got the best of the bunch? lol...

Willo
04-30-2014, 10:20 PM
I also received my sway bars from Ron on Monday. What or how did you raise the front end of your
Spyder to provide the necessary clearance to remove the old sway bar?

Well decided to install the new sway bar last night, easy job and took about 45 mins to complete. I took her our for a round the block and wow, the difference was felt the second I made my first turn. Less than 1/2 the body roll and felt much more comfortable. It works so well my traction control was lighting up like a Christmas tree every turn I made a turn, lol... of course I was doubling my normal cornering speed for the test run lol. I am very critical of most upgrades, for the most part they never deliver what they promise but if you buy just one thing this year for the 14, buy his sway bar. I promise you won't look back its that great. I can hardly wait to take the roundabouts on the highway near my home, they are rated at 15mph, before I could do a comfortable 30 before this so it will be a good comparison.

How's that Ron, was it worth the $500 bucks you promised me for a glowing report? lol... Kidding of course :D. Thanks again Ron, you shipped it on Friday and it arrived Monday!

Jim&Teresa
04-30-2014, 11:37 PM
Here's the link to my install and comments - FYI....happy farkling all!! :yes::yes::yes::yes: I think it makes the bike handle very well in corners and helps your stability on the highway with high gusts of wind (like when a semi passes, wind gusts, etc.) .. IMHO.

Honestly, I had it on my 2012 RT Limited and could tell the difference as I rode the bike about 1000 miles before install. When we got our 2014 RT Limited, I just put it on....so I don't have a "before and after" comparison for the 2014 RT Limited....

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/showthread.php?64799-One-more-farkle-completed!-Bajaron-Sway-Bar-Install&referrerid=12858 :thumbup: (http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/showthread.php?64799-One-more-farkle-completed%21-Bajaron-Sway-Bar-Install&referrerid=12858)

bluestratos
05-01-2014, 09:28 AM
I used my motorcycle jack to get it part way up, then put a car ramp under the back tire and let it down on jack stands in the front then added some 4x 4 blocks and 2 x 6 blocks to keep raising it and readjusting the jack stands until I had 24" under the front end. Next time I plant to try something different, put ramps up onto the tail gate of my truck and drive it up to get the clearance.

Bob Denman
05-01-2014, 10:42 AM
Yup, two of them but they both control the purse, lol.....Guess I got the pick of the litter, lol. hmmmm that came out wrong, I got the best of the bunch? lol...
You got the "Grand Prize"! :firstplace: :thumbup:

Jbiancolli
05-01-2014, 12:46 PM
I used my motorcycle jack to get it part way up, then put a car ramp under the back tire and let it down on jack stands in the front then added some 4x 4 blocks and 2 x 6 blocks to keep raising it and readjusting the jack stands until I had 24" under the front end. Next time I plant to try something different, put ramps up onto the tail gate of my truck and drive it up to get the clearance.

I was thinking of the ramps and tailgate scenerio but will the tailgate support the weight? Maybe take it off and use the truck bed

Bob Denman
05-01-2014, 12:52 PM
GREAT idea!! :2thumbs:
If I do end up getting one; that's how I'll approach this part of the game!
Thanks! :firstplace: