PDA

View Full Version : TRIC LED Tric Rings Install/Wiring

smporter420
04-29-2014, 02:05 PM
I have read the Installation Guide that came with them and the part where you connect the battery+ (hotwire) to the toggle switch and the connecting blocks, where does the hot wire come from? Do you have to run the + and - wires from the battery or fuse panel?

finless
04-29-2014, 04:03 PM
Can you scan and post the instructions?
I can have a look for you.

Bob

smporter420
04-29-2014, 05:30 PM
Instructions

finless
04-29-2014, 06:03 PM
I have read the Installation Guide that came with them and the part where you connect the battery+ (hotwire) to the toggle switch and the connecting blocks, where does the hot wire come from? Do you have to run the + and - wires from the battery or fuse panel?

His instructions do not say specifically. Kind of a bummer there. So I would pick off to the closest source. Probably the fuse box for you spyder?
I do not know where the battery is on your model.

Bob

smporter420
04-29-2014, 06:42 PM
The fuse box has only one open spot for accessories and is only a 3amp fuse. Instructions say to use a 10amp fuse. My battery is the rear end. Can you run +Red -Black strait from the battery terminals ? I have 14ga wire for low voltage applications and an ATM inline fuse holder.

Chupaca
04-29-2014, 06:50 PM
as long as you install that 10 amp fuse in line to avoid overloads. Remenber those led are polarity sensative so if they don't work you may have to switch the wires..good luck..:thumbup:

smporter420
05-05-2014, 11:10 PM
Finished wiring tric rings

Sent from my SCH-R950 using Tapatalk 2

NZSpyderRyder
05-05-2014, 11:50 PM
Are the headlight and fog light rings the same size ?
The reason I ask this is because hear in New Zealand our day running lights are where your fog lights are and I want to fit a set of rings around these, the problem I have is that the kits come as either 2 headlamps or 4 headlamps and fog lamps.
The other question is, can you tap into the existing light wiring so the rings come on at the same time ? and leave out the switch.

Your help will be greatly appreciated.

smporter420
05-06-2014, 12:54 AM
Yes they are the same size, I'm sure there is a way to wire them to the head lamps. I did it as per instructions said. Wired strait of the battery with an inline fuse.

Sent from my SCH-R950 using Tapatalk 2

ARCTIC
05-06-2014, 10:13 AM
Looks very nice. If that bike didn't get noticed before it will now:2thumbs:

$08SpyderGS
03-09-2016, 04:25 PM
The fuse box has only one open spot for accessories and is only a 3amp fuse. Instructions say to use a 10amp fuse. My battery is the rear end. Can you run +Red -Black strait from the battery terminals ? I have 14ga wire for low voltage applications and an ATM inline fuse holder.

Hi. I am interested in purchasing a set of LED rings and was wondering where you finally wire them to.

Thanks