PDA

View Full Version : Who is using BRP or SENA SM10 Bluetooth with Scala G9 Headsets?

DR Buck
04-29-2014, 10:47 AM
These questions are for those that are using the BRP kit or SENA SM10 dual streaming Bluetooth with Scala G9 Headsets. If you are using SENA or other headsets, you responses will not help me.

I've been dealing with some reconnect issues and am trying to work out a solution when you are 2up on the Spyder and both of you are listening to music from the SM10 and using the intercom.

Do you use an Ipod or the on-board audio system to listen to music or do you play tunes from your Bluetooth enabled cell phone?

Have you been able to link to both your phone and the audio stream from the SM10?

Can both you and your passenger link to individual cell phones and the streaming audio consistently?

Do you have problems with the streaming audio reconnecting after using the intercom with you passenger?

Do you have trouble getting the intercom to relink when music is playing from the streaming SM10 audio?

What measures have you taken to make the G9s and SM10 play together?

Since I have a boatload of money invested in the Scala G9's I am trying to resolve this issue before I end up spending more cash on the now very late to market SENA 20s sets.

DR Buck
05-02-2014, 04:16 PM
86 reads and no one is using Scala G9s with the BRP (SENA) bluetooth ? :banghead:

coastrider
05-04-2014, 05:25 PM
I am, or at least I intended to! I'm very frustrated with the G9. When it works properly it's a great intercom and bike to bike communicator, and that's how I most often use it. However, it is plagued with unexplained disconnections and misunderstood audio commands. When I tried to use it with my factory installed SM10, I had initial success with my headset, but adding my wife's would disconnect mine. I was never able to use intercom and music simultaneously, or music with bike to bike. The final straw was the too low volume, even with the SM10's boost engaged. Now I simply use the external speakers, which are muffled and unintelligible to my wife. Good luck, and please share your findings. I know you've done a lot of work on using this combination.