PDA

View Full Version : Beep, Beep, Beep

SpyRyd
04-29-2014, 05:44 AM
We've all heard that embarrassing beeping sound when we forget to set the larking brake before turning off the ignition. Well, yesterday I learned that you'll hear that same sound if you apply throttle while in R or 1st gear with the larking brake set. So now we have a reminder to not only set the PB but also one to un-set it...how cool is that?

SNOOPY
04-29-2014, 06:03 AM
2013 STS does that, just sayin' lol

Silvervette05
04-29-2014, 06:31 AM
I do not know if 2012 rts does that, when i get home from work i will have to try that. beep,beep :D

Bob Denman
04-29-2014, 07:21 AM
:shocked: I don't like sounding like a Telephone Company Truck... :shocked:

Chupaca
04-29-2014, 09:23 AM
good to know..although this may be a new feature. Have never seen mention of it before. They should have it on all of them. Machine has power and a park brake not properly adjusted will let you drive away...:thumbup:

cuznjohn
04-29-2014, 09:58 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eDSk4zwjg5A

jwulf74
04-29-2014, 10:13 AM
My 2011 does it. I tried to go but forget to take the brake off and it beeped at me...just the other day.

eddieshep999
04-29-2014, 10:14 AM
Ref the Beep Beep Beep

I have a 2010 Spyder RT-S SE5 Model

I reported this to my dealer about 2 yrs ago :-

Parking Brake Bleeper not working - Parking brake still working normally

With reference to the Operators Manual

Applying Parking Brake

With the vehicle stopped, press switch
to apply the parking brake. The brake
indicator lamp will flash.
At present if I switch off without selecting the Electronic Switch for the Parking Brake

There should also be a warning bleeper lasting for 20 secs to warn you the
parking brake is not on
Now when I switch off without selecting the parking brake I have no audio warning (no bleeper) the parking brake has not been selected
If I switch the parking brake on the light still flashes and the parking brake engages as per normal

I have checked for any active codes in the cluster and there is none showing

Result

They could not find any fault with the Rear parking brake and believed the problem is with the bleeper in the Cluster poss a dry joint - They only remedy was to fit a new Cluster but that would have put the mileage back to 00000
With no other fault I decided to live with it

My car doesn't warn me to set the parking brake so its not an issue on the Spyder
The brake indicator light still flashes to show its been set

Given a choice it would have been good if it could be disabled/enabled by the owner in the Cluster menu anyway

jaherbst
04-29-2014, 10:28 AM
I personally like the way the factory set this up. Better this than walking away without the brake set and have the Spyder roll into something or worse, burn it out because the parking brake was not released. Of course only a wife would do this. Right guys.:(

SNOOPY
04-29-2014, 01:08 PM
:shocked: I don't like sounding like a Telephone Company Truck... :shocked:

Your Spyder is as big as a truck. :roflblack:

...hiding.

Bob Denman
04-29-2014, 02:36 PM
That's good :thumbup:; that means that it's doing a good job, of keeping pace with my backside! :2thumbs: :D

ARtraveler
04-29-2014, 02:41 PM
Warning beepers can be good sometimes. :thumbup:

SpyRyd
04-29-2014, 05:44 PM
My 2011 does it. I tried to go but forget to take the brake off and it beeped at me...just the other day.

Interesting. My 12 model did not beep at me if I forgot to release the parking brake before applying throttle. Off course it always beeped at me when I forgot to set the brake and turned off the ignition. Understand the 13 models have this same feature...didn't know that since I have zero experience with them.

IGETAROUND
04-29-2014, 06:04 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eDSk4zwjg5A

I liked it Jon; haven't heard that in at least 30 years:yikes::yes::yes::yes:

stallion143
04-29-2014, 06:50 PM
​2012 RT SE5 does it too!

SNOOPY
04-29-2014, 06:53 PM
That's good :thumbup:; that means that it's doing a good job, of keeping pace with my backside! :2thumbs: :D

Ohsnap!

lol

Bob Denman
04-30-2014, 07:24 AM
That 1330 is getting a decent workout; hauling my tonnage around! :roflblack:

jcthorne
04-30-2014, 07:45 AM
Ref the Beep Beep Beep

I have a 2010 Spyder RT-S SE5 Model

They could not find any fault with the Rear parking brake and believed the problem is with the bleeper in the Cluster poss a dry joint - They only remedy was to fit a new Cluster but that would have put the mileage back to 00000
With no other fault I decided to live with it

If your bike is still under warranty and you still want it fixed, BRP CAN ship a replacement cluster with the odo programmed to match your current reading. Its federal law for vehicle manufactures that supply electronic odometers. The dealer can work with BRP to get it.