PDA

View Full Version : Looking at 2014 RT-S spyder

Jcimon
04-28-2014, 05:35 PM
Hello looking for some feedback from those who own a 2014 Spyder. What are your thoughts on a manual vs semiautomatic? How do they handle? What are your likes and dislikes. Thank you Jo

sddinnh
04-28-2014, 05:48 PM
Coming from a manual transmission 2 wheeler, I went to the 6 speed semi-automatic and I love it. It shifts faster than I ever could and so far, it's never missed a shift.

ARtraveler
04-28-2014, 06:46 PM
Many will come on with some good ideas. First and foremost, a test ride should be in order. Our likes and dislikes may not necessarily yours. Only you can determine what is right for you.

I have owned four and soon five Spyders. See signature if you want details.

:ani29:: Manual vs. Semi-auto: Have had one manual and four semi auto. I like the ease of not having to shift with the foot, drove two wheelers for over forty years, and do not miss the manual tranny at all. You will pay about $1,500 more for the semi auto, and they are a little more complicated to work on. Reliability wise, there is not much difference.

:ani29:: Handling: They do handle different from two wheels. No leaning, no counter steering, etc. There is a learning curve, depending how entrenched you are in two wheels. For me, it took almost 1500 miles before I felt I "got it."

:ani29:: Likes/Dislikes: I like em. Have no gripes that I would call dislikes

m109anc
04-28-2014, 07:45 PM
Many will come on with some good ideas. First and foremost, a test ride should be in order. Our likes and dislikes may not necessarily yours. Only you can determine what is right for you.

I have owned four and soon #five Spyders. See signature if you want details.

:ani29:: Manual vs. Semi-auto: Have had one manual and four semi auto. I like the ease of not having to shift with the foot, drove two wheelers for over forty years, and do not miss the manual tranny at all. You will pay about $1,500 more for the semi auto, and they are a little more complicated to work on. Reliability wise, there is not much difference.

:ani29:: Handling: They do handle different from two wheels. No leaning, no counter steering, etc. There is a learning curve, depending how entrenched you are in two wheels. For me, it took almost 1500 miles before I felt I "got it."

:ani29:: Likes/Dislikes: I like em. Have no gripes that I would call dislikes

I agree with everything akspyderman just said :bowdown:

borthman
05-31-2014, 06:03 AM
Hello looking for some feedback from those who own a 2014 Spyder. What are your thoughts on a manual vs semiautomatic? How do they handle? What are your likes and dislikes. Thank you Jo

I have now owned my 2014 spyder rts se6 for a total of 1 week and 483 miles :) LOVE every mile! I rode 2 wheels and then changed to 3 wheels... I added a California Sidecar conversion kit to my HD Road King.... And I loved it. Unfortunately my hands can no longer deal with clutch or hand brakes... So I looked around and found Spydy. It is a somewhat different experience than riding a traditional trike... But it is also awesome. I can greatly recommend it for one's mental health :)