PDA

View Full Version : Yet another mileage question..!!

Chupaca
04-28-2014, 04:30 PM
Saw a lot of questions as to parking facilities at spyderfest. There as in many other events you see folks driving up in the Taj Majal towing their spyders...just saw an add for a very fuel efficient disel model getting 15 mpg...so the question is what mileage are you getting on your RV and how much fun is it to drive..?? Granted it is nice comfortable etc...but wouldn't you rather be ryding your roadster that gets a paultry 30+/- miles to a gallon. Just asking..!! :roflblack::roflblack:

Bob Denman
04-28-2014, 04:52 PM
I couldn't afford an RV; even if I wanted one...
My Spyder travels with it's toes on the road! :2thumbs:

Chupaca
04-28-2014, 04:58 PM
I couldn't afford an RV; even if I wanted one...
My Spyder travels with it's toes on the road! :2thumbs:

When we lived in one, when we first came to the US, the best we got was 10 to 17. It was a small one.

Now if I can't ryde her there I can't go...:roflblack::roflblack:

greatrides
04-28-2014, 05:20 PM
No rv here.....just a spyder that gets 30 mpg. If I can't ryde then no need to go! Still young and health is good so miles and smiles!nojoke:2thumbs:

ARtraveler
04-28-2014, 06:35 PM
My :spyder2:'s are all the RV that I can afford. Besides, I would rather sleep somewhere different than what I rode in all day long. :roflblack:

900Dave
04-28-2014, 07:52 PM
This is my first Spyder and I never owned a motorcycle of any type until now. We are looking to are first road trip on the Spyder. But, we have also owned several 5th wheel travel trailers. I just traded our current trailer for a Toyhouler to take the Spyder with us. Our trailer is like our home on wheels no strange bed or bed that you have no idea who was in it last, (I am little weary about stuff like that). So we love to "camp" or like I tell everyone RV and now when we are at are camp site we do not have to jump in the truck when we head out for the day. We get a chance to do both of things we love at the same time. Like I said am looking really forward to doing a several day road trip on the Spyder. My truck does get a whopping 10- 11 MPG's while towing. But I can go a lot farther on a tank fuel in the truck than the Spyder can go with out a fill up.

SpyderMonkei
04-28-2014, 08:07 PM
We pull the Spyder behind the RV. We have a trailer that also allows me to tow the smart car, either one only. Our main concern is the two dogs we have. They are small Italian greyhounds, and we had a WAGS trailer but they didn't catch on to that and at 1000 a pop for each broken leg ...

So on a good day two up I am lucky to see 30 mpg, the RV is pretty solid in the 9 - 11 range

mustangbob
04-28-2014, 08:23 PM
Motorhome here, as 900Dave said; I know who slept in my bed last night.

Chupaca
04-28-2014, 08:40 PM
We are missing the point. Talking mileage on our recreational vehicles..we have toys and the spyder is by far not the worst at fuel consumption...:lecturef_smilie:
As far as the comfort and advantages of motorhomes trailers I give you that. I lived in one for years and loved it though not crazy about driving it...if I had had a spyder then I would have dumped the motor home and got a tent..:roflblack::roflblack:

SpyderAnn01
04-28-2014, 08:58 PM
We pull the Spyder behind the RV. We have a trailer that also allows me to tow the smart car, either one only. Our main concern is the two dogs we have. They are small Italian greyhounds, and we had a WAGS trailer but they didn't catch on to that and at 1000 a pop for each broken leg ...

So on a good day two up I am lucky to see 30 mpg, the RV is pretty solid in the 9 - 11 range

Do you still have the Wags trailer?

SpyderAnn01
04-28-2014, 09:00 PM
Motorhome here, as 900Dave said; I know who slept in my bed last night.
I don't care who slept in it last night, just so they aren't still in it when I get there. :roflblack:

SNOOPY
04-28-2014, 09:12 PM
I can't afford an RV, so I'll pull a trailer w/ the Spyder inside nice and clean if its a couple hours away or more.

Our F350 gets about 22-24 mpg, except when towing a car. So not too bad.

MidTNDawg
04-28-2014, 09:22 PM
I can't afford an RV, so I'll pull a trailer w/ the Spyder inside nice and clean if its a couple hours away or more.

Our F350 gets about 22-24 mpg, except when towing a car. So not too bad.

We have a F 350 with the 7.3 Diesel engine and I am lucky to get 18 mpg. Oh what speed on the hwy? Mine is speed limit plus 5 mph.

Bob Denman
04-29-2014, 06:44 AM
I don't care who slept in it last night, just so they aren't still in it when I get there. :roflblack:

Besides; it's one less bed that you have to make... :thumbup: