PDA

View Full Version : Need Some Advice

3corvettes
04-27-2014, 11:52 AM
We are planning on attending Spyderfest, so we thought we would come down a few days early to do some additional riding. Stopped in Sikeston, Mo. night, and when I filled up with gas, which took 6.0 gals. I know we were riding on fumes, because the bike started to act like it was running out of gas. Rode it a block to the motel, seemed to be running better? Went out this morning, fired it up, started, but died right away! Tried several times, added some STP injector cleaner, still nothing! Thinking it sucked something from bottom of tank?? Closest dealer is in Paducah, Ky. Hoping I won't have to call him! Staying at motel today because of weather!
Any help would be greatly appreciated! Dealer doesn't open until Tuesday!!

Bob Denman
04-27-2014, 12:11 PM
Could you have maybe picked up some air in the fuel lines? :dontknow:

Chupaca
04-27-2014, 12:18 PM
See from your profile you have a 2014 RT so getting 6 gal on your fillup still leaves you almost a gal. Don't know if that last start and died was it and now nothing. Sounds like battery is cranking fine but something is cutting out. So throwing things out..possible fuel blocked maybe filter fuel line. Vapor lock, pop the fuel cap and let it breath. Check switches, ignition, kill switch and starting procedure. After that you would have to check plugs, plug wires and coils. Seems though it should be something simple. Check spyders to the rescue see if there is some one close. Home page right side..good luck...:thumbup:

3corvettes
04-28-2014, 08:20 PM
See from your profile you have a 2014 RT so getting 6 gal on your fillup still leaves you almost a gal. Don't know if that last start and died was it and now nothing. Sounds like battery is cranking fine but something is cutting out. So throwing things out..possible fuel blocked maybe filter fuel line. Vapor lock, pop the fuel cap and let it breath. Check switches, ignition, kill switch and starting procedure. After that you would have to check plugs, plug wires and coils. Seems though it should be something simple. Check spyders to the rescue see if there is some one close. Home page right side..good luck...:thumbup:
After sitting at the motel all day on Sunday, called AAA and made arrangements to take my Spyder and trailer to Midwest Motor Sports in Farmington, Mo. first thing Monday morning. I had talked with Sheri on Sunday, and she told me they would make time to check it out. I just want to thank Sheri and Josh her tech for diagnosing the problem, and getting us on our way to Spyerfest!
It seems the problem was a loose wire on the air intake valve sensor. Not sure how it got loose, but made for an easy fix! Great customer service!!

Bob Denman
04-29-2014, 07:24 AM
Glad to hear that it was an easy fix! :thumbup:
And you're "Back On Three"! :yes::ohyea::yes: