PDA

View Full Version : Help my tusch

fulltimer
04-27-2014, 11:15 AM
My wife and I are the proud and for the most part happy owners of a 2013 ST. But that stock seat, grrrrrrrr!!! The reports that I have seen on the BRP optional seat is not to promising. Is anyone seeing the aftermarket stepping up with some decent seats?

About 1 hour on that seat is all we are good for. And that hour shrinks with each subsiquent "sitting".

Chupaca
04-27-2014, 11:30 AM
there are many seats out there and no place to test them all. Everyone that changed will be happy with what they have but cannot comment on all the others. We have the comfort seat and are happy with it. You have other options in air cushions, beaded, gel, etc that can be added over your seat much less costly than the custom sears. If you ryde with groups see if they have seats other than stock to sit on. good luck..!!:thumbup:

JKMSPYDER
04-27-2014, 11:42 AM
I have an ST-S and switched from the stock seat to the Ultimate seat but, for me, it wasn't any better. I finally found relief with an Airhawk cushion and sheepskin cover.

Don in E Texas
04-27-2014, 12:08 PM
I have an ST-S and switched from the stock seat to the Ultimate seat but, for me, it wasn't any better. I finally found relief with an Airhawk cushion and sheepskin cover.

This could prove to be a far less costly modification (over another manufacturers seat) and may just do the trick for you - might be a good "first try" option for you.

AlEverett
04-27-2014, 12:43 PM
My title says it all. Which model Airhawk cushion fits the Can-Am Comfort seat? Thinking the R model will help reduce heat on the chestnuts, if it will fit. I'm ready to try this because it is a low cost solution. Do you get the original or the Airhawk 2 models.

jwulf74
04-27-2014, 12:49 PM
I have the stock seat and my wife has the Corbin (on our 2011's). The stock is really squishy compared to the Corbin which is pretty firm. For the little bit I have ridden hers, I seem to like the more firm as it keeps me sitting high enough to see over the windshield. The stock I sink to looking right at the top of the windshield so I either have to stretch up or shrink down a little. I spent a good amount of time on hers Friday and do prefer it over the stock (and the gas door is a bonus).

Seat all boil down to personal preference though. I have the ability to spend a good deal of time on both to see what I like. If at all possible, that would be the best route to go. You may find you like the more firm or you may want more soft. Only way to find out is to try a few different ones. Spyderfest should be a good place for that if you are going.

Good luck in whatever you decide to do!

Mt-man
04-27-2014, 12:50 PM
I have a used Corbin seat for sale PM me will give details :cheers:

ARtraveler
04-27-2014, 02:02 PM
Most find the OEM seats to leave much to be desired.

I am good for 50 miles or about an hour on them. Recommendations for aftermarket seats are going to be coming from everywhere and everyone--myself included.

:ani29:: First line of defense--a sheepskin gel cushion or an Airhawk cushion. I have both and use one or the other, and sometimes both.

:ani29:: BRP comfort seat. An improvement over the OEM and I can ryde that all day by adding one or other of the above--before the ryde is over. Cost is about $500. I have put the BRP comfort seat on two of my :ani29:'s.

:ani29:: My experience with Corbin--Have had two :spyder2:'s where I replaced the OEM with Corbin seats and backrests. These are harder than most seats, and you get support--not cushy comfort. People either like em or they don't. About $950 these days for the unheated version with backrest.

Many other choices out there and others will chime in.

Will soon have a new 2014 RT. Have a backrest to install on the OEM seat. I am told the OEM is improved from previous models. If not, I have the pads, and a Corbin and backrest on the shelf--just in case.

Dan McNally
04-27-2014, 02:07 PM
I extended my seat time with a gelpad under a sheepskin cover . . . be sure to look into some solutions like that unless dropping a grand for a replacement seat is in your budget.

figmotoday
04-27-2014, 03:03 PM
I use this on top of RS stock seat and it doubles as my camping pillow

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Motorcycle-Racing-Race-Seat-Foam-Pad-Self-Adhesive-Black-Universal-Fairing-Fit-/121108087572

MouthPiece
04-27-2014, 04:46 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-jB_QM73Slk