PDA

View Full Version : Mother nature hates us

jtpollock
04-27-2014, 10:41 AM
It's happened again last year we slipped out of town just ahead of a storm that dropped 8 inches of this flaky whits *****. The storm cough us in Pratt KS and we lost a day there frozen to the parking lot. It looks like we have a two too three day storm here and that ***** is coming down sideways, the plan was to leave Tuesday morning now its weight and see :gaah::gaah: we
will see what Tuesday morning brings. This is the winter that will not go away :cus:. jtpollock

lookerjdc
04-27-2014, 10:49 AM
aint that the truth

my brother and I decided not to risk this storm and so we will not be showing up in Springfield this year

damn the weather sucks - looks like its great in Springfield, but getting there is the problem this year......:banghead::banghead::banghead:

Chupaca
04-27-2014, 10:52 AM
Hope it breaks up and you can safely squeeze by. The weather changes fast but sadly both ways. If you can get there they have the indoors but it is looking fairly good there at the moment. Good luck...:gaah:

Bob Denman
04-27-2014, 11:46 AM
Mother Nature sure has a mean streak; doesn't she? :gaah:
Hang in there; the storms move through pretty quickly at this time of year! :2thumbs:

Purple Guy
04-27-2014, 01:35 PM
Ya I'm getting a little tired of it, woke up to some snow on the ground... :gaah:

ARtraveler
04-27-2014, 01:42 PM
Traveling cross country this time of year seems to be a bit on the tricky side--depending on where you are and where you are going. :dontknow:

jimclarkf1
04-27-2014, 02:17 PM
call a rental place, and rent somekind of trailer, get close to SPRINGFIELD, park the trailer, and SPYDER on in

Jim&Teresa
04-27-2014, 05:17 PM
Sorry to hear that -- we feel your pain - Minnesota weather has been terrible.

Last week in Minnesota there were some nice days to ryde...got about 750 miles on my new 2014 RT L! :D

The next 7 days here is COLD rain and wind, yes, 7 days they are fcsting rain (hopefully NO white stuff)! We are also running 15 degrees below normal (or more - like we have all winter & spring)....it will be in the 40's for highs this coming week. Time to farkle! No rydin' until next weekend ....maybe. :banghead::banghead:

During the trip to church this morning, we saw a bicycle iron man event going on.....the wind is blowing 30+ MPH, it's pouring rain, and at that time it was 36 degrees -- those poor folks riding their bicycles were getting beat down by the wind and rain big time! I can't believe they still had the event, but there were hundreds out there doing it - not me in that kind of weather!

Hope weather gets much better for all of us soon! :thumbup:

jtpollock
04-28-2014, 07:54 AM
Ya we do what we have to do I use to rid a bike I did it for 19 years and you just made up your mind that you were going what ever the weather It will be aroung 33degrees tomorrow morning and we are heading out just got to watch for those twistie clouds and the forzen rain we are on our way:ohyea::yes::yes: jtpollock]

Bob Denman
04-28-2014, 07:57 AM
Safe journeys; and we're hoping for good weather for you! :2thumbs:

lookerjdc
04-28-2014, 10:34 AM
we are thinking of leaving Florida tomorrow morning and getting into Springfield on thursday now that it seems the worst of the storms have passed

safe travels everyone

SpyderAnn01
04-28-2014, 10:42 AM
We hit that snow in Pratt last year too😳. So far this time sunny and windy on I40. Just took off a layer of cold gear.