PDA

View Full Version : Garmin 660 Shutting Off

Papa
04-27-2014, 09:06 AM
I have a 660 and had the adjustable cradle installed on my 2014 RTS. I'll be riding a route and all of a sudden the unit just shuts off. I have not seen the power down message. When I restart it the route continues. Could this be a loose wire and I'm just not seeing the power down message? Does anyone know if there is a way to default it to not power off when it looses power but o go to battery mode?

Bob Denman
04-27-2014, 09:09 AM
If you PM me your email; I'll fire off a copy of the owner's manual for it...
They don't give you much; in the box with it! :banghead:

MMcc
04-27-2014, 09:22 AM
My Garmin was doing that also and eventually would not reboot. Called factory and they said send it in. They replaced it with another unit and same thing started to happen. Turned out it was the power connection. Apparently the connector was damaged somehow and caused an intermittent open circuit. Replaced it and problem seems to be solved.

Papa
04-27-2014, 09:37 AM
If you PM me your email; I'll fire off a copy of the owner's manual for it...
They don't give you much; in the box with it! :banghead:

Thanks Bob. I have the manual but found no help for this issue in it. I'll give Garmin a call tomorrow and see what they say. Hopefully I won't have to replace the brand new mount I just had the dealer install. :banghead:

Larry rt
04-27-2014, 07:35 PM
Check the pins, I had the same issue. Took it to dealer , the said one of the pins was pushed in, after they pulled it back to proper distance , no more issues.