PDA

View Full Version : Help from brothers and sisters of Spyderlovers.

MOSpyderLady
04-26-2014, 10:20 PM
It's sad how one accident can change your life causing it to take a totally different path to where I don't know. But that is what happened. Two weeks ago my husband had a wreck on his motorcycle, breaking his back and some ribs. He is not going to be riding anymore. So now I have the problem of selling my yellow 2010 RS S. It has 4 or 5 inch risers on it as well as a larger windshield and saddlebags. Any help from my brothers and sisters of Spyderlovers would be greatly helpful. I don't know the first thing to do. We already registered for Spyderfest and I can be there to show the byke. I live about 20 miles from the Fairgrounds.

kawakii
04-26-2014, 10:28 PM
I am so sorry for your husbands accident. I hope he makes a full recovery. I know one of the members attending Spyderfest will help you figure out the right selling price, etc ..

Chupaca
04-26-2014, 10:28 PM
sure hope he is doing better. All the best to you both, I know this is a tough time. Little I can do from here but pass on the information. Being where you are and the fact spyderfest is about to begin you should place adds and talk to the pitbull crew. You should get all the help you need from all the spyder ryders going there. Check kelly blue book and nada for some price ideas and have some pictures with you if not the roadster itself. Angain all the best..:pray:

Tango
04-26-2014, 10:35 PM
Sorry to hear of your husbands accident. Hope he heals quickly. :pray: Tom :trike:

OldCowboy
04-27-2014, 03:48 AM
I would recommend against making any decisions at this time. Let your husband have time to heal before making any decisions. He may not be able to ride two wheels, but it is hard for me to believe he couldn't ride a Spyder in the future. Times like this are very emotional and not necessarily the best times to make life altering decisions.

mastertek2000
04-27-2014, 04:52 AM
sorry for your husbands accident i hope he makes a full recovery and i second what oldcowboy said

GloryRyders
04-27-2014, 05:50 AM
:agree: with the above comments to not make any rash decisions about selling the Spyder but if you do decide to go ahead you can post it here on Spyderlovers in the For Sale Forum. I would talk to Len at Pitbull Powersports and he can give you an idea of value. You might be able to consign it with him and let him sell it???:dontknow: What ever you decide, good luck and we will be praying for your husband for a quick recovery.:pray:

MouthPiece
04-27-2014, 07:11 AM
I would recommend against making any decisions at this time. Let your husband have time to heal before making any decisions. He may not be able to ride two wheels, but it is hard for me to believe he couldn't ride a Spyder in the future. Times like this are very emotional and not necessarily the best times to make life altering decisions.

Agreed!!! Wait for awhile before you make "the decision". Once done, there is no going back.

​Chris

Flanker
04-27-2014, 07:21 AM

I'm very sorry to hear of your husbands accident and suffering (I know you're suffering right along with him!)! I would second the advice above, "unless" selling the Spyder is financially necessary due to expenses. If you can; best to wait a few weeks until the medical, life schedule, and other issues settle down a bit!

I'll keep both of you in my thoughts; best wishes for a full and speedy recovery for your husband! :thumbup:

jcthorne
04-27-2014, 07:27 AM
I agree with the others and say do not sell it now. Wait and see how things progress.

If we had 'given up' and followed doctor recomendatiions, Louise would have sold her Harley after one of 5 major back surgeries. Yes, each time she was told motorcycle riding was out of the question. If we had, I would never have looked at an bought a Spyder. And she would not have eventually sold her Harley to keep up with me and get a Spyder of her own.

Things will change, but may not be what you think they will be in time of sorrow.

Bob Denman
04-27-2014, 08:07 AM
To a rapid; and full recovery!! :cheers: :thumbup:
That's really all that matters right now...

schnauzermom
04-27-2014, 10:10 AM
My husband was in a motorcycle accident 4 years ago. His bike was totaled but , thank God, no broken bones. Just bruised and cracked ribs and stitches. At the time immediately after it happened, I told him if this event brought him to the decision to not ride again I would understand. He said he would probably not ride. There is not only physical damage but it alters your mental state towards riding as well. After 6 months he decided to ride again so today I have my RT and he's on HD. As stated before, give yourselves time to get passed the trauma. Maybe he would become comfortable on a Spyder down the road??? God bless and praying for a quick recovery.

ARtraveler
04-27-2014, 02:23 PM
Thoughts and :pray::pray: for you folks.

Agree, to wait a bit before selling the :ani29:

dave92253
04-27-2014, 03:39 PM
prayers sent for a fast and full recovery