PDA

View Full Version : decisions ,questions & more decisions!?!

REDRICH05
09-01-2008, 02:57 AM
:shocked: :banghead: :dontknow: please advise... #1 do the no magic 4" risers come back horizontally or just 4" vertically ??? #2 is no magic good quality,also the other products listed on the spyder lovers site? #3 is there a noticable difference in the 3 windshields brp manufactures. i'm talking comfort !!! #4 is there a fourth color brp's coming out with? of course that might lenghten my deciding on which to choose!!! i'm leaning towards yellow. it's the most visable color to the human eye!!! i do like the red also, but will it fade with sun & weather exposure??? #5 has anyone installed a back rest? how did it work out.. i checked out corbin, but why change a perfectly good seat when i just need a back rest? well i hope to receive your responses soon! sincerly ,REDRICH05 longisland,ny

bjt
09-01-2008, 02:35 PM
welcome

These are my opinions on your questions...

The NMN risers are a friction clamp on the stock bar. They can go in just about any position you would want. Straight up, straight down, straight back or anywhere in between. My wife installed her NMN risers and the quality looks really good. They are machined out of a chunk of billet aluminum and were made plenty beefy looking for strength and good looks.

The companies that are listed on the Home page of SpyderLovers are all there because they offer good products and have proven to offer good customer support.

I would say that there is little to no difference between BRPs three windshields besides looks. Well, the sport shield provides the least wind protection as it barely sticks up over the dash. The stock and touring windshields provide little to moderate wind protection. Just fine for cruising up to 50 mph but the wind and the wind noise gets tiring after a few hours of steady 70 mph riding.

BRP already has 4 colors available if you count the blackout panel kit that they are selling. I would think that more colors will be offered as time goes on.

Backrests are a matter of personal preference for the rider and a possible safety concern for the passenger. The passenger backrest gives peace of mind for those riding two up. Riders backrests are only good if you can get your riding position (through highway pegs, bar risers) where they allow you to relax against the backrest. For me, the BikersFriend (http://www.bikersfriend.com/pages/saddlebag.htm) seat bag provides a good backrest for use with the stock seat. However, the stock seat isn't comfortable for really long distances or multiple days of steady riding. For that reason, I'm looking at Russel "Day Long" saddles (http://www.day-long.com/) for a seat upgrade.

REDRICH05
09-05-2008, 11:53 PM
thanks bjt, your advise was just what i needed, and greatly appreciated !!! soon 2 b spyder owner !

spydeebike
09-06-2008, 12:37 AM
I see you too from long island, Im in Massapequa, hit me up when you get your machine so we can shake long island up, i have a silver one with 900 miles and loving every minute of it, no mods but plan to do all the modding this winter. SPYDEEBIKE 631-662-8822:chat: