PDA

View Full Version : Your opinions on Upgrades for comfort

rworell
04-26-2014, 02:23 PM
I ride an 08 GS Roadster...

Well I have the Risers, and Madstad windshield. I usually ride 200-400 miles on the weekends to anywhere. (love that) :)

But I want to be even more comfortable... any suggestions? Foot pads? (your fav) / Seats , cusshions, gel pads? (your fav)

Ready to spend some cash and want to know from you becuase you have certain upgrades you love and would not do with out...

Thanks so much in advance.

Rich

ARtraveler
04-26-2014, 03:41 PM
Here is what I did to my 08 GS. 4" risers on the handlebars, Corbin Fairing, Corbin Seat and backrest, handlebar weights (to stop vibration). Corbin trunk with backrest for passenger. Also have a sheepskin/gel pad and an Airhawk pad for when the need arises.

Floorboards or footpegs would add to the dimension.

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=20863&d=1266976901 (http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/album.php?albumid=655&attachmentid=20864)

rworell
04-26-2014, 03:43 PM
Very nice akspyderman... thank you

Web Runner
04-26-2014, 03:47 PM
I have the BRP Comfort seat and a Roho Airhawk R cushion. That combination works really well for long trips. I also have highway pegs, too. Being able to stretch your legs out just adds to the comfort. The Airhawk R cushion will take some time to get used to, but it does help me.

Oh, also consider adding the SmoothSpyder Belt Tensioner. That will help cut down on belt slap/vibrations.

Sarge707
04-26-2014, 04:42 PM
My favorite besides the Riser Block is the Ultimate seat!
More comfortable, sits me forward a little bit more and a Definite Hump to rest against.

Chupaca
04-26-2014, 04:55 PM
I did upgrade to the comfort seat and like it. There are many seats out there so you need to try. Have the MSR windshield with adjustable wing and bar ends for vibration. Depending on the ryding you do you can go for floorboards etc. Being a sport ryder what I did is all it needed...:ohyea:

sabunim5
04-26-2014, 05:38 PM
On my 08 I really appreciate my floorboards,(made them myself) but I would not get commercially available floorboards if they are the kind that make you give up your foot pegs, then you are back to only one leg position all the time. I'd get highway pegs if I couldn't find or make the right kind of floorboards. I have a "bar snake" and bar end weights to reduce handlebar vibration. I really like my sheepskin. Cooler in the summer and warmer in the winter with a little extra cush for the tush. The other comfort accessory that I appreciate is earplugs. Save your hearing and arrive less stressed from less noise. An aftermarket seat is a very personal choice. I have a Corbin only because I won it. I never had any problem with the stock seat. If you are going to spend the bucks on an aftermarket seat, the Ultimate Seat seams to be the choice of many and is what I would get if I had the extra bucks. Ryde safe. :thumbup:

Bob Denman
04-26-2014, 05:38 PM
Do you feel as if you'd like some more protection from the wind?
Maybe a chance to stretch your legs out a bit?
How about more support for your back?
Perhaps the ability to carry more "stuff"...?

BRP offers some pretty nice air deflectors,,, :thumbup:
ISCI, and others; have great highway pegs... :thumbup:
Perhaps an Ultimate, or Corbin seat with an installed backrest... :thumbup:
Bags, top trunks, and passenger backrests are available from BRP, and an awful lot of our supporting vendors. :thumbup:

cybrj
04-27-2014, 01:40 AM
A Spyder to keep you company ...

CJ/johnnyg
04-27-2014, 08:38 AM
I ride an 08 GS Roadster...

Well I have the Risers, and Madstad windshield. I usually ride 200-400 miles on the weekends to anywhere. (love that) :)

But I want to be even more comfortable... any suggestions? Foot pads? (your fav) / Seats , cusshions, gel pads? (your fav)

Ready to spend some cash and want to know from you becuase you have certain upgrades you love and would not do with out...

Thanks so much in advance.

Rich
87126 I put the highway pegs on and it makes a big difference, you can change up your leg position back and forth. I also bought a corbin seat, wish I would of ordered the Lamont cut you sit in a pocked and it's more comfortable ( johnnyg has it). I tried the Ultimate and it wasn't for me, Like the others have said that is a personal choice. I just order the HP Concept fairing with the audio, four speakers and love it you can hear it over the two brothers exhaust. 8715787158

rworell
04-28-2014, 05:04 AM
Wow.... THanks so much for all your input... I really do appreciate it so much.. time to start shopping ;)

ARCTIC
04-28-2014, 11:19 AM
I had a good combo with rivco boards and highway pegs. The boards came with foot pegs that go in the factory position but I chose not to use them.
Link to picture of my setup: https://db.tt/R5NQdIwJ

kawakii
04-28-2014, 12:35 PM
I love our web-boards ( floorboards), corbin seat, and handbrake :)

retread
04-28-2014, 04:39 PM
I had an 08 GS, 4 inch risers, Chad windshield, Kewlmetal highway brackets with Iso-pegs, Russell Day-long saddle with rider's backrest, Grip Puppies, 800 mile day? No problem.

john