PDA

View Full Version : exhaust

bmccaffrey
04-26-2014, 08:59 AM
Have a 2013 rs. Thinking aftermarket exhaust. Anyone know of one that needs no computer tuning or box. Or will I have to re tune after installed?

Thanks in advance :yes:

Chupaca
04-26-2014, 09:08 AM
on which one you choose. I hear the Yoshimura 77 is nice but there are others. Check the suggestion from the manufacturer some dealers just automatically assume you need both. In many cases you don't. I have a Hindle and never modified the fuel system. I have gone further with the JT air filter system and still have it running fine. Mostly the competition pipes recommend a fuel controler...:thumbup:

DragonLorD
04-26-2014, 09:22 AM
It also depends on your riding style, you are 100% safe with handle and akrapovic from BRP, i Hear that HMF has quiet strong reputation for reliable aftermarket muffler without need of any other mods, some manufacturers also claim that you don't need anything else yet they don't guarantee it at all in case something goes side ways, some shall i say slow riders might not noticed a need of adding fuel management system after upgrading a muffler but if you ride your RS to it's potentials i wouldn't use personally any other than those 3 mentioned just in case, otherwise you are going to fry your piston heads sooner or later. Generally when changing/upgrading one end of power plant ( intake or exhaust ) , the other end shall be adapted too with introducing additional fuel management system/unit/chip.

OldCowboy
04-26-2014, 12:26 PM
Supposedly, if you only change the intake OR the exhaust, no fuel controller is necessary.

jvicker
04-26-2014, 12:45 PM
Added the HMF a few years ago and love it. Great price and an easy install. No need for juice boxes unless you also upgrade your air filter. Good luck.:thumbup:

ssmcclub
04-26-2014, 01:13 PM
$275.. TO THE DOOR just installed a hmf slip on.has a nice sound and no need for a power commander
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9hClMSc6DIg