PDA

View Full Version : Murphybrown here at Pitbull Powersport and Lamonster Garage...Spyderfest is coming

murphybrown
04-26-2014, 06:42 AM
Update on my adventures: Oh yea...suppose to be 80 today..weather report...is looking AWESOME for Spyderfest...Steve Mac posted (for me) the only pic I have so far of the emerging White Knight...but here is the text sans pics...:dontknow:
Good Morning All. Well so far this is the only picture I have gotten of the new '14 white stead. I had heard that on Thurs...that they had pulled it totally apart and the techs were adding all the "stuff" I want so that the white knight becomes MY knight in shining armor!!! Well kind of the opposite. I don't really care for chrome so I am having the majority of it carbon fibered black...so maybe I am creating the first Spyder that will be titled Siamese...white with black "points". I did get to ryde back to motel last night...anybody look at this thing now and they will be saying to themselves. How can this grannie be so excited..doesn't she see that there are a few parts not there!!!

A LOT has been accomplished. The guys literally worked Thurs from 8 a.m. to 11 p.m. and then spend the better part of Friday. Folks these machines run and drive just fine the way they come. BUT why would I settle for the same o same o....gotta put my personalizing on it. Thank God for Chris and Lamont...they are the make Karyl happy gurus!!!!

Hopefully, the Liquid Creation guy had a good evening of dipping "my" body parts and I will get a call that says bring her by and I will screw it all back on!!!

Even though I am not ryding and exploring I am having a great time...TALKING...imagine that, me talking!!! lol Actually, Pitbull Powersports, who is the dealership that has created this incredible annual rally called Spyderfest is one verrrrry busy place getting ready to receive 1500-2000 people and welcome them to 5 days of all things Spyder. So they are literally getting boxes, boxes and more boxes of stuff shipped in to satisfy all those folks like me...(I want, I don't need, but I will still buy!!). So I said hey give me a job...so I have been able to apply a few skills from my memory bank of being a receiving clerk...open box, pull packing slip, verify all has arrived (or heaven forbid..shipment short or broken!!), enter in POS, get labels printed and mark for sale!!! And all the time I get to talk!!! So I am a very happy camper..

Yesterday, old friends and new ones, started arriving for Spyderfest...so then I reallllly got to talk and hug. Yep I am in my element.

So here is the schedule: Today finish the carbon fiber project. Oh yea, they said probably would get more freight on Saturday..yea give me that box cutter and clip board. AND then more Spyderfest organizers, those MoGang wonders that are the labor behind this event [they made me an honorary MoGang member about 3 years ago...they figured out real quick I wasn't "going away"]...will start arriving...yep hugs, hugs, talk, talk.,

Then tomorrow a.m. (Sunday) the white stead will get pulled into Lamonster Garage for Reggy Tan of TricLED to start installing all the bling...yep I do like lites on my Spyder. Find the church that the Pitbull owner attend .. and then ???????

Everyone have an awesome weekend...wow suppose to be 80's today...

As always,

me

SteveMac
04-26-2014, 08:20 AM
Well m'lady, I'll just follow along and drop the pic in again for you! And happy to do so! :thumbup:

PrairieSpyder
04-26-2014, 08:37 AM
Thanks for the report. They should be assembling my RTS soon. I'll be there Monday to get it. I think mine will have the blacked-out stuff too.

Chupaca
04-26-2014, 08:54 AM
you could have a good time anywhere, but at Pitbull how couldn't you. Glad things are coming along and on schedule. From the sounds of it well worth while. Glad folks as starting to arrive and things will soon be jumping with you in the middle..have a blast..!! :yes::yes: and soon :ohyea:

clueless
04-26-2014, 09:26 AM
Nice. Sounds like everything is shaping up nicely

Purple Guy
04-26-2014, 09:33 AM
Sound like you're really in your element!
Can't wait to see the "White Knight" when it's finished.

PW2013STL
04-26-2014, 12:45 PM
Sounds great. Sure makes me wish I was there. Hopefully next year. Have a great time!!! ( sounds like you already are).

ARtraveler
04-26-2014, 01:28 PM
Keep the posts coming. :thumbup::thumbup:

Cruzr Joe
04-26-2014, 01:35 PM
Thanks for the report. They should be assembling my RTS soon. I'll be there Monday to get it. I think mine will have the blacked-out stuff too.

Patti

Seems to me just about a wek ago or so you posted that you were not going to be able to make Spyderfest this year,
now you will be there and picking up a new Spyder? Must be a woman thing :roflblack::roflblack::roflblack:

Cruzr Joe

LLSailor
04-26-2014, 02:13 PM
I thought we were coming in early on Tuesday!

Bob Denman
04-26-2014, 02:14 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=arZdeg_fL-I

PrairieSpyder
04-26-2014, 03:25 PM
Patti

Seems to me just about a wek ago or so you posted that you were not going to be able to make Spyderfest this year,
now you will be there and picking up a new Spyder? Must be a woman thing :roflblack::roflblack::roflblack:

Cruzr Joe

You've missed some of my posts. I was wanting a new ride and considered a HD Tri-Glide, test rode one, was dealing with one, came close to pulling the trigger. Then rode my Spyder and fell in love with it again. So I decided to get a new Spyder, instead.

That's what IRAs for for, right?

Bob Denman
04-26-2014, 05:29 PM
Patti,
Even if you showed up to SpyderFest on a Tri-Glide; you're still family! :2thumbs: http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/36/36_3_11.gif

PW2013STL
04-26-2014, 06:58 PM
Patti,
Even if you showed up to SpyderFest on a Tri-Glide; you're still family! :2thumbs: http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/36/36_3_11.gif

Bob :lecturef_smilie: Flirting again :doorag:

Cruzr Joe
04-26-2014, 10:14 PM
You've missed some of my posts. I was wanting a new ride and considered a HD Tri-Glide, test rode one, was dealing with one, came close to pulling the trigger. Then rode my Spyder and fell in love with it again. So I decided to get a new Spyder, instead.

That's what IRAs for for, right?

Good move :thumbup:

Phil
04-26-2014, 10:52 PM
Keep a light on for us Karyl..... We'll get there Tuesday afternoon.

Phil, Tyler TX- from my iPad 7.5 using Tapatalk HD

GloryRyders
04-27-2014, 06:17 AM
Murphy, sounds like you have started having fun without us:gaah:...............sometimes other commitments get in the way of :spyder: fun. We will be in Tuesday afternoon, looking forward to seeing you again!:yes:

CJ/johnnyg
04-27-2014, 09:02 AM
Update on my adventures: Oh yea...suppose to be 80 today..weather report...is looking AWESOME for Spyderfest...Steve Mac posted (for me) the only pic I have so far of the emerging White Knight...but here is the text sans pics...:dontknow:
Good Morning All. Well so far this is the only picture I have gotten of the new '14 white stead. I had heard that on Thurs...that they had pulled it totally apart and the techs were adding all the "stuff" I want so that the white knight becomes MY knight in shining armor!!! Well kind of the opposite. I don't really care for chrome so I am having the majority of it carbon fibered black...so maybe I am creating the first Spyder that will be titled Siamese...white with black "points". I did get to ryde back to motel last night...anybody look at this thing now and they will be saying to themselves. How can this grannie be so excited..doesn't she see that there are a few parts not there!!!

A LOT has been accomplished. The guys literally worked Thurs from 8 a.m. to 11 p.m. and then spend the better part of Friday. Folks these machines run and drive just fine the way they come. BUT why would I settle for the same o same o....gotta put my personalizing on it. Thank God for Chris and Lamont...they are the make Karyl happy gurus!!!!

Hopefully, the Liquid Creation guy had a good evening of dipping "my" body parts and I will get a call that says bring her by and I will screw it all back on!!!

Even though I am not ryding and exploring I am having a great time...TALKING...imagine that, me talking!!! lol Actually, Pitbull Powersports, who is the dealership that has created this incredible annual rally called Spyderfest is one verrrrry busy place getting ready to receive 1500-2000 people and welcome them to 5 days of all things Spyder. So they are literally getting boxes, boxes and more boxes of stuff shipped in to satisfy all those folks like me...(I want, I don't need, but I will still buy!!). So I said hey give me a job...so I have been able to apply a few skills from my memory bank of being a receiving clerk...open box, pull packing slip, verify all has arrived (or heaven forbid..shipment short or broken!!), enter in POS, get labels printed and mark for sale!!! And all the time I get to talk!!! So I am a very happy camper..

Yesterday, old friends and new ones, started arriving for Spyderfest...so then I reallllly got to talk and hug. Yep I am in my element.

So here is the schedule: Today finish the carbon fiber project. Oh yea, they said probably would get more freight on Saturday..yea give me that box cutter and clip board. AND then more Spyderfest organizers, those MoGang wonders that are the labor behind this event [they made me an honorary MoGang member about 3 years ago...they figured out real quick I wasn't "going away"]...will start arriving...yep hugs, hugs, talk, talk.,

Then tomorrow a.m. (Sunday) the white stead will get pulled into Lamonster Garage for Reggy Tan of TricLED to start installing all the bling...yep I do like lites on my Spyder. Find the church that the Pitbull owner attend .. and then ???????

Everyone have an awesome weekend...wow suppose to be 80's today...

As always,

me
Karyl, keep posting, so we can enjoy spyderfest through your eyes, can't make it this year being we are attending spyderquest for the first time and we are still working don't have the time off work or funds:(. So enjoy yourself Carol and John

Bob Denman
04-27-2014, 09:06 AM
Bob :lecturef_smilie: Flirting again :doorag:

:D You've got to meet her; to fully understand why I'd say that! :2thumbs:

PW2013STL
04-27-2014, 12:56 PM
:D You've got to meet her; to fully understand why I'd say that! :2thumbs:

I hope to meet all members of Spyderlovers someday. I come to feel like you all are family and we even have a dog with a famous name online :roflblack: