PDA

View Full Version : Custom Dynamics - Issue - NBV Highway Bracket Kit - missing peg links

Jim&Teresa
04-25-2014, 09:14 PM
Hello fellow spyderlovers....

I have ordered many things from our suppliers who sponsor this site! Custom Dynamics used to be great, but I ran into a problem this last week.

The NBV kit pictured and described was missing the long peg links (curved 5 hole links). I used them on my 2012 the last time I purchased this kit and now am installing on my 2014 RT Limited. Well, a long story short, they say the manufacturer does not provide the long links anymore (which I absolutely need for the right adjustment of the widow pegs I have).

Their CSR's were contacted and their "warrantee and returns" got involved. I did not want the hastle to return it, I just wanted the two missing long peg links -- NO GO.

So they gave me a whole 10% off for the pain and confusion and now I'm making my own peg links for this kit. With my help and input, I see they corrected the picture and text so it better describes what you get. What a pain in the :cus: !

In the past with many orders at Custom Dynamics I had ZERO issues. I don't think I'll be ordering anything soon from them.....this experience leaves me less than happy with them.

This post is an FYI -- be careful!

Picture below is from the Custom Dynamics site (before they changed it after my complaint) showing the 5 hole curved link bars for the pegs. To me it's kind of a "bait and switch" situation -- paying for something you could see and understand -- getting something different!

Lamonster, if you read this and have a pair of those 5 hole links, could I get them from you???

UPDATE: Lamonster is helping me out with this issue - thanks!

Here's his update on the NBV's brackets (just my luck, I ordered them the same day this update came out!):
http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/s...ghway-Brackets (http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/showthread.php?34104-Lamonster-RTW-Project-RT-Highway-Brackets)

edmarino
04-25-2014, 09:23 PM
Why did you not buy them from Spyder pops

Jim&Teresa
04-25-2014, 09:30 PM
Why did you not buy them from Spyder pops

Because...............I had purchased them from Custom Dynamics less than a year ago for my 2012 RT Limited and thought if I ordered the exact same thing from the exact same supplier that I would receive what I wanted!

I have bought some items from several of our sponsors including Spyderpops (two bumpskids - one for the '12 and one for the '14).

I would think any of our sponsors should deliver on the item you ordered including Custom Dynamics.

Lamonster
04-26-2014, 08:27 AM
They no longer come with those links, 98% or more use the 20 degree links and some were using both and that causes too much leverage on the bracket so I've taken them out of the kit. There was a price increase on my end too and that's how I've kept the price the same.

Larry rt
04-26-2014, 09:04 AM
Lamont , I think you should at least offered the longer brackets, even if it would be an additional cost ! Did you delete the install video , or updated it ? Other suppliers that have the same issue, either increases the price or offer an option ! I think you should rethink your decision to just eliminate a bracket . Is this a marketing decision so you will sell your new design ?

Lamonster
04-26-2014, 09:18 AM
Lamont , I think you should at least offered the longer brackets, even if it would be an additional cost ! Did you delete the install video , or updated it ? Other suppliers that have the same issue, either increases the price or offer an option ! I think you should rethink your decision to just eliminate a bracket . Is this a marketing decision so you will sell your new design ?

Well that would be silly seeing I don't have the new design to sell and the NBV's work on ALL RT's and the new brackets only work with floorboards. I may have an either or option later and I will be doing a new video for install but not till after Spyderfest.

Larry rt
04-26-2014, 09:34 AM
Lamont, now that is what I call customer care. You listened and respond quickly!

Jim&Teresa
04-26-2014, 09:57 AM
They no longer come with those links, 98% or more use the 20 degree links and some were using both and that causes too much leverage on the bracket so I've taken them out of the kit. There was a price increase on my end too and that's how I've kept the price the same.

Thanks Lamont...your suppliers still show the long links in there ads....Custom Dynamics just removed the picture and comments about the long links due to my complaint.

I do not use the 20 degree links. I only used the 5 hole curved long link to get the Widow Pegs high enough to clear the black plastic lower guards. The 20 degree link does not allow me to get the clearance I need when I use the Widow Pegs where I want them placed for my comfort.

IF YOU HAVE A COUPLE OF THE 5 HOLE CURVE LINKS LAYING AROUND, I WOULD APPRECIATE AN OPPORTUNITY TO GET THEM.

Currently, I have ordered aluminum bar stock and will have to manufacture myself a longer peg bracket -- not what I was thinking when I ordered the NBV kit. MY cost just went up as well (plus my time with several discussions with Custom Dynamics, a small 10% refund from them due to misrepresenting what they're selling, and the additional time/money to make my own bracket for something that should have had it). No one likes surprises when they buy something (especially when you had bought it before and it had what you needed).

I do think it's a good idea to update the suppliers who sell them (Spyderpops, CD, etc.) with the current list of items included along with new photo's and new install video.

Thanks.

Jim&Teresa
04-26-2014, 01:22 PM
Just a quick update that Lamonster is helping me out in this matter through our PM's.

That is absolutely GREAT and the right thing to do!

THANK YOU Lamonster!!!

Cruzr Joe
04-26-2014, 01:40 PM
WELL, DID YOU GET THE BRACKETS THAT YOU NEEDED???

IF NOT i HAVE A SET

CRUZR JOE

Jim&Teresa
04-26-2014, 01:46 PM
WELL, DID YOU GET THE BRACKETS THAT YOU NEEDED???

IF NOT i HAVE A SET

CRUZR JOE

Hi Cruzr Joe! Thank you for your offer!!!! :thumbup: Just my luck the change (only sending the 20 degree short brackets now) happened the exact same day that I ordered the NBV kit - wow....what's the odds of that! :yikes:

I have Lamonster willing to help me out and exchange the short 20 degree brackets for the long 5 hole curved links - we are in the process right now. I'm sure that will solve the issue.

I will contact you (through a PM) if this falls through, but I'm sure Lamonster will follow through with it! It's great to get the support from members of this forum when an issue arises!!!

THANK YOU.

Cruzr Joe
04-26-2014, 01:48 PM
Hi Cruzr Joe! Thank you for your offer!!!! :thumbup: Just my luck the change (only sending the 20 degree short brackets now) happened the exact same day that I ordered the NBV kit - wow....what's the odds of that! :yikes:

I have Lamonster willing to help me out and exchange the short 20 degree brackets for the long 5 hole curved links - we are in the process right now. I'm sure that will solve the issue.

I will contact you (through a PM) if this falls through, but I'm sure Lamonster will follow through with it! It's great to get the support from members of this forum when an issue arrises!!!

THANK YOU.

OK, just let me know.

Cruzr Joe