PDA

View Full Version : Parking the RT622 trailer during Spyderfest

BeardedDBA
04-25-2014, 02:48 PM
Here's a question for those of you that have been to previous SpyderFests... This is my first one. I'm bringing my RT622 trailer to haul my "stuff" and then back home again (full of FARKLES) after the fest.

I am assuming that I won't necessarily need it for the various rydes and events during the fest. Will there be a secure location where I could "park" this when not in use? I'm weary about simply leaving it alone at the hotel parking lot. I can secure it to my Spyder during the night. But what about during the day when I'm ryding?

Chupaca
04-25-2014, 02:52 PM
but thereare trailer locks so they can not be hitched to other vehicles. Chaining to a post so it can't be lifted. The othe r is group up several and lock them together..someone whos been will be along shortly...:thumbup:

SpyderAnn01
04-25-2014, 03:23 PM
I put a lock through the hitch pin and another through the axle. If there is a post available I'll hitch to that. I have locked mine to a friend's trailer also.

The parking lots will be full so be courteous in where you park. Leaving your trailer during the day helps ensure that you will get a place to park at night.
I have seen people take up 3 & 4 parking spaces with their big enclosed trailers when they could easily have parked it in one space. :gaah:

2ndChildhood
04-25-2014, 03:48 PM
I just run a locking cable from the trailer to a light pole. Then I park my Spyder in front of the trailer a night.

ToM
Spyderfest 2014

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

BikerDoc
04-25-2014, 03:54 PM
I have seen a growing number of trailers locked up and left behind at the motels in the years past and have not heard of anyone having trouble yet. I have locked mine using cable through axles and around pole at many different locations around the country and no problem so far

TicketBait
04-25-2014, 04:08 PM
I always use a 6 ft cable lock to tie up, never had an issue when traveling across country to spyderfest. When attached to the bike I have a lock instead of the factory provided pin.

I have become so much more comfortable parking trailer that it is easy to take along on rides as well now. Almost to the pont you forget its there.

retired1
04-25-2014, 05:34 PM
Last year I just left mine in the motel lot with the ball latch locked down. No tree or pole around. People are usually coming and going at he motel anyway. If they want it, they'll get it.

Pennyrick
04-25-2014, 05:52 PM
We travel with two R 622's. Our custom is to lock both trailers together with a cable and try to situate them around a utility pole, well anchored fence or something similar. At one stop we had another couple on a Gold Wing drop their trailer and locked it around our cable.

The more the merrier, as long as we all can agree when we are unlocking.