PDA

View Full Version : why do dealers screw with you

cuznjohn
04-23-2014, 06:57 AM
so two weeks ago i made a appointment with my dealer to bring in the bike for my update and fix for the fuse boxes. i dropped the bike off on monday morning and was suppose to wait for it but being they were busy i said it was ok if i didn't get it back right away and i called a cab to take me home, 40 bucks worth of ride. so when i didn't hear from them on monday afternoon i waited till yesterday and called them to see if the bike was ready. now they are saying they are waiting for the parts to arrive and that the parts were just shipped from California yesterday, why would they make a appointment with me if they didn't have the parts. i just don't understand why dealers do this :cus: and expect to keep our business.

Dan McNally
04-23-2014, 07:04 AM
I'll go out on a limb, here, and say it is because your dealer is an :cus:, who doesn't give a :cus: about customers . . . I could be wrong . . . your dealer might just be a dumb-:cus:, who doesn't know any better . . .

Bob Denman
04-23-2014, 07:10 AM
You need to find a different dealer... :banghead:

Mets79ST2013
04-23-2014, 07:26 AM
so two weeks ago i made a appointment with my dealer to bring in the bike for my update and fix for the fuse boxes. i dropped the bike off on monday morning and was suppose to wait for it but being they were busy i said it was ok if i didn't get it back right away and i called a cab to take me home, 40 bucks worth of ride. so when i didn't hear from them on monday afternoon i waited till yesterday and called them to see if the bike was ready. now they are saying they are waiting for the parts to arrive and that the parts were just shipped from California yesterday, why would they make a appointment with me if they didn't have the parts. i just don't understand why dealers do this :cus: and expect to keep our business.

What's the name? of the dealer

spyder3
04-23-2014, 07:27 AM
Incompetency for the most part....and because they can.

cuznjohn
04-23-2014, 07:38 AM
i prefer not to mention the dealers name but i do agree they treat you like :cus:, as far as finding another dealer, the only dealer i would bring the bike to is a dealer way out on long island and he admits he does not have a good service dept. as far as the spyder goes. we have been over this b4, i will not travel out of state to bring the bike in for service so i am stuck with this guy that has a trained BRP mechanic.

bcoulter19
04-23-2014, 07:52 AM
When I took mine in for its first service and the fuse box fix before I left they checked to make sure they had the parts adn actually went and laid hands on them so they were sure it was goin gto get done that day. They knew they had been doing a lot of those fixes and wanted to amke sure they had everything and didn't make a promise if they didn't have the parts.

Bob Denman
04-23-2014, 07:56 AM
John,
I really don't want this to sound the way, that I fear it will...:shocked:
But if you keep doing the same thing; and hoping for a different result... :dontknow: :gaah:
It's no longer logical, to complain about it... :opps:

JkRbbt
04-23-2014, 07:57 AM
I feel your pain, Cuz. A year ago, when the 2013 ball joint bulletin came out, I went to see my dealer. Had to order parts and said he'd get back to me. After not hearing from him, I went back to inquire. He said, "Let me check to see if I have parts." After a check, he said that I was "lucky because he had a set in the back"! LUCKY?? He was supposed to order them for ME! Now, with the 2013-9 bulletin, I had them order parts just after the bulletin came out. Still haven't heard from them. I'd love to try another dealer, but the next one is several hours down the road! Really hoping BRP Puts some effort into their dealer network.

spyder3
04-23-2014, 07:59 AM
i prefer not to mention the dealers name but i do agree they treat you like :cus:, as far as finding another dealer, the only dealer i would bring the bike to is a dealer way out on long island and he admits he does not have a good service dept. as far as the spyder goes. we have been over this b4, i will not travel out of state to bring the bike in for service so i am stuck with this guy that has a trained BRP mechanic.

John, Your closer to a NJ dealer than you are to a dealer way out on Long island. With all the unresolved issues you have had, at some point you have to make a move i would think... Your dealer KNOWS your not going anywhere....jmho of course:sour:

Bob Denman
04-23-2014, 08:04 AM
John,
Are you "Wanted" in New Jersey??? :shocked: :D

DLewis
04-23-2014, 08:06 AM
I think you have hit on the major complaint about Spyders.
If they treated you with respect almost any mechanical thing can be fixed.

How I read your story is they simply don’t respect you and that is simply not acceptable, IMHO

So can we start calling you CuznRodney :roflblack::roflblack: (just trying to make light of the situation, I feel your pain. ) My closest and best dealer closed shop.

cuznjohn
04-23-2014, 08:33 AM
i do get no respect lol. i agree with all the comments and i am a glutton for punishment. thank god that i have a great car dealer that goes out of their way to provide me with a loaner car and my car is done when they say it will be. now on sunday when i was out i met a friend who also has his 2 wheel bike there and he loves this dealer. so maybe they just prefer 2 wheels compared to 3. i really don't know but i am calling them when they open up to see if i can get the bike back till the parts come in.

PrairieSpyder
04-23-2014, 08:34 AM
Something similar happened to me last time I took my Spyder in for a hitch install and other stuff. I asked questions about the parts when I made the appointment. But when I was there, they suddenly didn't have everything they needed! And it takes 3 hours to ryde to that dealer.

I actually think that dealer has a good Spyder mechanic, but they have a problem coordinating with the parts dept. That is an over-all management issue, IMHO.

spyder3
04-23-2014, 08:41 AM
". i really don't know but i am calling them when they open up to see if i can get the bike back till the parts come in."

The phone call should go like this: I am picking up my bike in an hour. Call me when the parts come in like you should have done the first time.

mowin
04-23-2014, 09:54 AM
". i really don't know but i am calling them when they open up to see if i can get the bike back till the parts come in."

The phone call should go like this: I am picking up my bike in an hour. Call me when the parts come in like you should have done the first time.

You left out one part... " and I want to be reimbursed for my $40 dollar cab ride......

Chupaca
04-23-2014, 11:05 AM
this should happen only once. Then you should have them order the parts needed and call you when they arrive. Or like stated above make them pull the parts before you leave. Once you are no longer "customer waiting" the ball gets dropped...sorry..!! :gaah:

cuznjohn
04-23-2014, 12:18 PM
well just getting back from picking up my bike, the update is done and a buds report will be sent to steve from brp, oil change w/ filters and inspection done but i just noticed there is no inspection sticker on the bike, and the old one was removed. he will call when the fuse box covers come in

mowin
04-23-2014, 12:21 PM
well just getting back from picking up my bike, the update is done and a buds report will be sent to steve from brp, oil change w/ filters and inspection done but i just noticed there is no inspection sticker on the bike, and the old one was removed. he will call when the fuse box covers come in

They did an inspection and never put the new sticker on? Are you sure it didnt blow off on your ride home?

cuznjohn
04-23-2014, 12:34 PM
no i called he said i left to fast, lol. and i forgot 212 dollars for the service and inspection

ARtraveler
04-23-2014, 01:19 PM
Dealers with poor customer service are still high on my rant priority list.

To take your :spyder2: in and Ya, Ya, you, that all is well and it will be done shortly--then--telling you they could not do the service because they are waiting on parts--tells a lot about the dealer.

In future, I would be making sure they have the parts before leaving anything with them. I would also be looking for a different dealer, but that does not seem to be one of your choices/options--based on your comments.

Bob Denman
04-23-2014, 01:25 PM
Is Monday still going to be the "Big Day"? :thumbup:

ARtraveler
04-23-2014, 01:35 PM
Is Monday still going to be the "Big Day"? :thumbup:

Did the paperwork, the trade-in value is worked out, shop order to install Custom Dynamics light bar, A-frame lights. Now if it would only arrive so I can pick it up and write the check. :popcorn::popcorn:
They claim within the next week or so--but of course don't have a trace on where it sits. He has the paperwork so is guessing between Seattle and Anchorage now.

Heck, I'm so anxious, I even changed my home page and signature. All that's missing are some pictures. :yikes:

Unhijack: Sorry John--I owe you one.

cuznjohn
04-23-2014, 02:22 PM
not a problem i don't mind

Chupaca
04-23-2014, 02:45 PM
cuznjohn are you using the reverse of " give them enough rope and they'll hang themselves" ? You know "give them enough chances and they'll do you right"..:roflblack:

cuznjohn
04-23-2014, 03:23 PM
problem is i am a trusting person and sometimes i am too friendly and let people walk on me, i don't want to burn any bridges behind me because of convenience, yes i am lazy i admit to that but i still refuse to go out of state, no matter how far or short it is just to have service.

flaggerphil
04-24-2014, 09:37 PM
Why? I simply don't understand why you won't go to New Jersey if they have a competent dealer not that far from you. Or is the Jersey dealer worse (though I don't see how that could be...)?

:dontknow:

Judging by what you've written, your dealer is NEVER going to do right by you.

steve0530
04-25-2014, 08:32 AM
The old waiting for parts scam, many automotive garages use this excuse because they have overbooked work or want to push your work aside to get a big buck spender in. Next time they tell you there waiting for parts, as them for the part number, and tell them you will call around to see if another outlet has it! I am sure you will get the old double talk.