PDA

View Full Version : Fixed my Corbin seat

Lamonster
08-31-2008, 03:02 AM
One thing I liked about the stock seat is if I scooted over to one side in a turn my butt would stay there and I wouldn't slide down hill and have to use my legs so much to keep me on the high side.:thumbup:

One of the first things I noticed on the Corbin seat is when I would sit all the way back my butt would slide forward till it bottomed out, get it "bottom out" :p Anyway that was kinda a bummer seeing it limits how much wiggle room you have on a long trip. :sour:

The next bad thing is trying to stay on the seat when you're really hammering it in a turn. Sure you can slide over easy but once you get there you can't stay there without using your legs to hold you there. :(

I did a little short ride yesterday from Greeneville to Erwin and then to Hot Springs to Maggie Valley and then Maggie Valley to Deals Gap. I knew I was going to be on some of my favorite roads and I didn't want to fight the seat thing so I kept thinking about what I could put on the seat so I wouldn't slide so much. :dontknow: Then it hit me, "soap" or better yet "409" :doorag:

I stopped in Hot Spings and bought some 409 at a Dollar General and soaped up my seat a few times and let it dry. Sure enough it holds my butt just right in the turns now and when I scoot all the way back I don't slide forward. :thumbup:

If you do this make sure you don't use anything with bleach in it. This was a easy fix and I just thought I would pass it on. :doorag:

Corbin heated seat- $459.00
Bottle of 409- $2.95
Passing all the cruisers on Deals Gap- Priceless :spyder::thumbup:

http://image1.frappr.com/pix1/i/20080831/2/7/c/27c40faaf8213cf54cdf49a14459c5320_large.jpg

jwfranklin
08-31-2008, 05:57 AM
Thanks for the tip. Lamont. Haven't had a chance to experience the sliding yet. Have a Corbin seat on order due on 9-11, the Spyder is due the same week. Hope they both get here then. :2excited:
Wayne

SeaBreeze
08-31-2008, 09:23 PM
Just got home from Tn. Went through Greenville, Reminded me of you from reading so much that you have put on this site. Got my Spyder 8 weeks ago. Now have 5000 mi on it. Love it. May get Corbin Seat? Thanks for your postings.

Lamonster
09-01-2008, 06:48 AM
Just got home from Tn. Went through Greenville, Reminded me of you from reading so much that you have put on this site. Got my Spyder 8 weeks ago. Now have 5000 mi on it. Love it. May get Corbin Seat? Thanks for your postings.:congrats:andwelcome:spyder:

Magic Man
09-01-2008, 08:31 AM
Passing all the cruisers on Deals Gap- Priceless :spyder::thumbup:

You passing crusiers? What, were they stopped or broke down? LOL :joke:

I seen you ride you'd pass an F15 fighter given half a chance. :thumbup:

MM

fleet
09-03-2008, 08:29 PM
Just finished the seats and backrests this afternoon- Went for a 20 mile run around the area. I guess the jury is still out on the seats as far as I'm concerned
Yes...seems like I'm always sliding up on the top plastic part
Yes .... I seem to be sitting a lot closer to the handlebars and away from the pegs due to the backrests - Not good for me.
Yes .... I'm not totally convinced yet that the seats are more comfortable than the stock . BUT I have the large oval backrest on my ( driver ) seat and the small oval backrest on the passenger - Maybe I'll swap them out or take the driver back rest off completely. I'm getting the highway bracket from Bryan Farber ( the one that attached to the engine mount bolt ) tomorrow. I think that after I get these installed , I'm going to have to re-adjust everything ... seat , risers, etc.
BUT I WILL PICK UP SOME 409 TOMORROW...THANKS !