PDA

View Full Version : What Just Happened

Doug
04-22-2014, 05:30 PM
Stopped at a store, when I came back out went thru the routine of starting as follows:

-push down and hold the brake pedal
-insure engine stop switch in run/on position
-turn the key to on
-waited for proper screen to appear then pushed mode button
-then press and hold start button

nothing happened not even a click, tried this a few times still nothing, got off the :spyder2: tried moving it back and forth but wouldn't move, got back on and tried again. This time I was able to start it right away, what I finally dicovered was the times it didn't start the small window left bottom corner of main start screen (shows gear position or neutral) was blank. Can anyone explain what happened. 2013 ST

Silvervette05
04-22-2014, 05:34 PM
I, m just guessing but maybe the computer just needed to (reboot) again to start

Chupaca
04-22-2014, 05:35 PM
Sounds like a missread on the gear position sensor. Worth having it looked at. Could be a glitch but also a sign that it is going bad. Next time check for codes...:gaah:

NZSpyderRyder
04-22-2014, 05:58 PM
I had this happen on my 2013 ST the first week I had purchased it, never got to the bottom of it and it has never happened again. I always leave mine in "N" so expect the "N" to light up when I switch the ignition on. It didn't, left it 10 minutes while I went a walk about and when I returned everything was back to normal.

billybovine
04-22-2014, 06:08 PM
Sounds like a problem with the GPS (Gear Position Sensor) maybe something to mention to your dealer.

Bob Denman
04-22-2014, 06:16 PM
:agree: Another vote for the GPS acting-up.

Doug
04-23-2014, 08:50 AM
Checked for codes, got none
Sounds like a missread on the gear position sensor. Worth having it looked at. Could be a glitch but also a sign that it is going bad. Next time check for codes...:gaah:

billybovine
04-23-2014, 09:13 AM
Checked for codes, got none

To be expected. The codes are no longer active so will not show anymore. A dealer still can see them with BUDS.

billrob71
04-23-2014, 10:21 AM
If it just happened the one time maybe just store it in the old memory bank if it happens again give the dealer a call and see what they say could of been couple things

Doug
04-23-2014, 04:35 PM
To be expected. The codes are no longer active so will not show anymore. A dealer still can see them with BUDS.

I thought if you pushed in the mode, the set and the turn signal cancel buttons at the same time and hold, the code should appear on the screen, is this not correct.

billybovine
04-23-2014, 04:59 PM
I thought if you pushed in the mode, the set and the turn signal cancel buttons at the same time and hold, the code should appear on the screen, is this not correct.

That is correct as long as the fault code is still active. If the fault has been corrected it's status will change from active to occurred and then can only be seen by BUDS. How fast and when codes change depends on the fault. If you turn the key off for 30 seconds or so and the fault no longer exists when the key is turned back on most codes by that time will no longer be active.

Doug
04-23-2014, 05:03 PM
That is correct as long as the fault code is still active. If the fault has been corrected it's status will change from active to occurred and then can only be seen by BUDS. How fast and when codes change depends on the fault. If you turn the key off for 30 seconds or so and the fault no longer exists when the key is turned back on most codes by that time will no longer be active.

Thank you, good to know.