PDA

View Full Version : I'm baaaack.

mxz600
04-22-2014, 03:13 PM
I'll bet that no one even knew I was gone.

Well Spyder friends, it has been a long four months. It is with a heavy heart that I come to you with very sad news.

My beautiful wife of 38 years is losing her battle with cancer. We returned from CTCA in Zion, IL about three weeks ago with a prognosis of six months to two years. She has a rare and incurable form of cancer called pseudomyxoma peritonei (PMP). She has been in a fight for her life for five years, and she was winning the battle until just recently. Since March of 2009 she has endured 5 major debulking surgeries and suffered from 2 years of chemo and she kept WORKING THROUGH IT ALL. She is an amazing woman.

I am telling you this today for a couple of reasons.

• Please, if you feel anything abnormal, go see a doctor.

• Go to this website and read about this type of cancer. Not only is early detection important, it is very important that if any surgery is to be done, the doctors know what they are dealing with or you are doomed. http://www.pmpawareness.org/ (http://www.pmpawareness.org/)

• Never assume your doctor knows what he/she is doing. Chances are they don't. Do your own research.

• Give your wife a hug and kiss every day like it's your last, it just might be.

• Never put down people that trailer their Spyders to events, even if it makes you feel like the big man on campus. Maybe there are reasons and they just cannot physically do it.

• I have a newfound respect for people that carry the title of caregiver.

As of late last year we thought (rather the doctors told us) that the chemo was keeping the cancer in check. I had no idea that when we had our year end ride that would be the last time she would ever ride the Spyder again. I am so glad we made Spyderfest last year because if we hadn't, it would never have happened for the two of us.

BikerDoc
04-22-2014, 03:21 PM
So sorry to hear of your trauma. You share some excellent insight and I hope you get everyday possible together.

spydaman60
04-22-2014, 03:25 PM
our blessings go out to both you and your wife. it is just the two year anniversary of my wifes cancer detection and one year anniversary of the final chemo treatment. there is no way that even i can imagine the amount of pain and anquish that you both have braved! may the good lord look upon you both with peace and comfort and may your life always be filled with great memories of each other! god bless you both!:pray::pray:

ARtraveler
04-22-2014, 03:29 PM
Thank you for posting. Many things to ponder in your message.
Our thoughts and :pray::pray: go with you and your family. :thumbup:

PW2013STL
04-22-2014, 03:45 PM
Sorry to hear this! May every moment you both have together be great ones, and my thoughts and :pray:'s be with you.

Jeriatric
04-22-2014, 03:54 PM
Bless you both. :pray:

feetprints
04-22-2014, 03:59 PM
I do not know you, But I am sending prayers your way. Cancer hit here 4 years ago. Had all the chemo, radiation and surgeries recommended.. and now doing well..during that time we bought a Spyder as well. It gives one such a feeling of freedom. We had a special lift built to place the trike on our truck to be able to take it where ever. Sometimes the long days on the Trike aretoo much. You are right about tragedy giving you a new perspective and appreciation for Life, for Loved ones and for Caregivers. Blessings from My Wife and I to You and Your Wife.

Chupaca
04-22-2014, 04:02 PM
All the best to you both..:pray::pray: Thanks for the wise information..:thumbup:

PrairieSpyder
04-22-2014, 04:04 PM
I'm praying for your wife. :pray: And for you.

Highwayman2013
:pray:

SpyderSteve
So sorry my friend!! :pray:

Netminder
04-22-2014, 04:05 PM
Being a cancer survivor myself, that is some very sound advice! My wife was a rock during my treatments! My prayers go out to you both :pray::pray: I hope you both enjoy every moment together. My wife and I send our blessing.

revjvegas
04-22-2014, 04:10 PM
I cannot even begin to imagine what you and your love are going through, but thank you for sharing and reminding all of us that each day we spend with our soul mate is a precious one that we should not take for granted.

Our thoughts and wishes to both of you.

SpyderAnn01
04-22-2014, 04:11 PM
Mark, I am so sorry to hear this news. I know you will treasure the time you have left with Connie.

wyliec
04-22-2014, 04:15 PM
May you both continue to enjoy each other each and every day.

Thanks for the link. I've read it and book marked it.

By the way, I did notice your absence.

Bob Denman
04-22-2014, 04:26 PM
:shocked: You guys are in our thoughts and prayers :pray::pray:
(And I'm pretty ashamed to admit that I thought you were just too busy enjoying the snowmobiles... :opps:)

Raknid
04-22-2014, 06:18 PM
My prayers go out to you and your wife...

eagleeye299
04-22-2014, 06:25 PM
God Bless. I will keep you and your wife in my thoughts and prayers.

DunaJ
04-22-2014, 06:46 PM
Our thoughts and prayers go out to you and your wife. Thank You for sharing!!!!!

maliamd
04-22-2014, 06:53 PM
I am so very sorry to hear your news. Life is so precious and we should live everyday to the fullest as you just don't know what is around the corner. My thoughts and prayers go out to the both of you. God bless.

SPYD1
04-22-2014, 07:00 PM
Mark,
We are so sorry to hear this news. You guys have been in our thoughts and prayers since we found out a few months ago that things weren't going well. You both are very special people. Let us know if you need anything. We will be in touch!
love yas, Kevin and Jeanette:pray::pray::pray::pray:

Flanker
04-22-2014, 07:10 PM
I'm very sorry to hear of your ordeal! Sounds like both of you have worked very hard to overcome very long odds....................I know you'll both continue to take the path that's right and best for you in this issue. Kindest regards...........and you may be sure I'll keep both of you in my thoughts!

bruiser
04-22-2014, 07:23 PM
Not much more to say. Prayers for both of you.

Topshotta
04-22-2014, 07:31 PM
:pray::pray:

otter28169
04-22-2014, 07:46 PM
I assumed the winter had been too good to avoid riding. We will be praying for you.

greatrides
04-22-2014, 08:18 PM
Stay strong and God bless you and your wife. My prayers go out to you and your family.:pray:

murphybrown
04-22-2014, 08:23 PM
My prayers are with both of you. :pray::pray:

Silvervette05
04-22-2014, 08:26 PM
Prayers :pray: for your whole famiiy

Oldmanzues
04-22-2014, 08:38 PM
My Prayers go out for both of you.
Your advice on sharing love with your spouse is very good in any/all cases. You never know.
Oldmanzues

harrypottar
04-22-2014, 08:43 PM

Tango
04-22-2014, 09:58 PM
Blessings and prayers sent from PA.. :pray: Tom :trike:

Papa
04-22-2014, 10:24 PM
Prayers to you for the strength to help your wife through this with dignity.

2014 White RTS

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

MidTNDawg
04-22-2014, 10:37 PM
• Never assume your doctor knows what he/she is doing. Chances are they don't. Do your own research.

During my work career, and had 5 MDs working for me. I laughed when my medical director said, "Doug, you have to remember 50% of all doctors finished in the lower half of their class." But after thing about what Jerry said, I stopped laughing. I am so sorry for what has happened to your wife, and I admire you for passing on what must be heart wrenching advice to others. May God bless you!

Big Arm
04-23-2014, 12:18 AM
Our prayers go out to you and your wife...... :pray:

Rid'nrandy
04-23-2014, 04:34 AM
Sorry the two of you are going through this. It is very difficult. Our prayers are with you. :pray:

mastertek2000
04-23-2014, 05:45 AM
our blessings go out to both you and your wife

btcherm
04-23-2014, 05:53 AM
Our thoughts and :pray::pray: go with you and your family.

03hdjill
04-23-2014, 06:10 AM
Wow......How sad. Prayers for your wife (and you). Have you ever considered any alternative approaches? I have heard so many stories of healing due to really boosting the immune system. If your wife is interested, have her pm me. I just read a book that she might be interested in reading. Please don't give up hope.

spyder3
04-23-2014, 06:51 AM
:pray: out to both of you. :pray:

mxz600
04-23-2014, 09:25 AM
Thanks to all for the kind words.

It was not my intent when I posted this to draw attention to my wife or myself. It was about getting the word out about this very rare and dangerous type of cancer. But that is one of the things I love about Spyderlovers. You cannot post about personal struggles on here without people having a sincere concern about your well being. To all that are going through similar circumstances, hang in there, cancer research has come along way.

I LOVE THIS PLACE!!

Siara
04-23-2014, 09:33 AM
Thank you for raising awareness, I'll be sure to pass it onto my family and friends over here as well. Our thoughts and prayers are with you and we encourage you to stay strong and enjoy each others company to the fullest.

whiteyron
04-23-2014, 09:40 AM
:pray::pray::pray::pray: for you both, God Bless.

mxz600
04-23-2014, 09:59 AM
Thank you for raising awareness, I'll be sure to pass it onto my family and friends over here as well. Our thoughts and prayers are with you and we encourage you to stay strong and enjoy each others company to the fullest.

Thanks Siara. The thing about this type of cancer is it's nothing like any other type. Take everything you know about cancer and throw it out the window because it's worthless.

I have done so much research on this the past three years I know more about this cancer than most oncologists.nojoke

From my research I would always see the MacMillen Cancer Center in the UK pop up. I think they are well versed in this type of cancer. I don't know how close that is to you but here is the link.
http://www.macmillan.org.uk/Cancerinformation/Cancertypes/Pseudomyxomaperitonei/PMP.aspx

I do hope you will never need this info.

billrob71
04-23-2014, 10:04 AM
:pray: Very sad to hear truly very sorry :pray:

dtkennney
04-23-2014, 08:12 PM
You are both in my prayers.

hill27
04-23-2014, 08:41 PM

Daisyjoe
04-23-2014, 09:26 PM
I am so sorry. You will both be in my prayers. We never know what changes will occur in our lives. Oh, I had missed your posts. I just thought you had sold your Spyder. God Bless:pray:

dadof4
04-23-2014, 09:48 PM
You are an amazingly strong couple. Thank you for your words of wisdom.

Saluda
04-24-2014, 06:29 AM
To be in your situation and to still care about informing others shows the type of people you are (great). Saying I'm sorry to hear this seems like so little. You are receiving prayers, stay strong. Hoping that what ever you can use for support (family, friends, your beliefs) gets you both through this in the best manner possible. Take care.