PDA

View Full Version : His Fame is spreading uncontrolled!!

OJ UK
04-22-2014, 08:37 AM
Bob Denman's name has been mentioned on the Spyder Mates forum in Australia.....very ominous!

They also reckon he's a post-whore!! :clap::joke:

Flanker
04-22-2014, 08:56 AM
Did you say something? :joke:

ARCTIC
04-22-2014, 09:06 AM
I asked Bob about his posting last year at Spyderfest.
What he told forever changed my opinion.

He said “I think it’s important that when someone takes the time to say something that they know that someone heard them, all I am saying usually is I heard you."
I agree and I bet Bob has a bigger hand in the success of spyder lovers more than we'll ever give him credit for. You give up quickly on a forum if NOBODY acknowledges your posts.

IdahoMtnSpyder
04-22-2014, 09:23 AM
I agree and I bet Bob has a bigger hand in the success of spyder lovers more than we'll ever give him credit for. You give up quickly on a forum if NOBODY acknowledges your posts.
Yes, so true, but what irritates me more than anything is when someone posts an informative answer or suggestion to an original poster's question, and that OP never responds to acknowledge the answer.

ARCTIC
04-22-2014, 09:31 AM
Yes, so true, but what irritates me more than anything is when someone posts an informative answer or suggestion to an original poster's question, and that OP never responds to acknowledge the answer.
Even the "thanks" button is sufficient IMHO to acknowledge the appreciation of the info

Bob Denman
04-22-2014, 09:38 AM
:shocked: I swear...
I've never been to that forum... :gaah:

harrypottar
04-22-2014, 09:48 AM
It’s probably just another Bob Denman wannabe.

Isn't that true of all of us....:bowdown:

Chupaca
04-22-2014, 09:54 AM
I agree with Bob's statement to Roger and mentioned a similar point of view in a recent thread complaining that this exact thing is putting SL at a new low...way to go Bob...thanks for posting how far acts of kindness can reach...:2thumbs:

boomerkc
04-22-2014, 10:01 AM
Now those are two words I never would've guessed would be used in the same sentence, paragraph or conversation together. Hmmmm, sheds a whole new light on Bob. I think it funny.

wyliec
04-22-2014, 10:44 AM
Now those are two words I never would've guessed would be used in the same sentence, paragraph or conversation together. Hmmmm, sheds a whole new light on Bob.

Does Post Pimp sound better?

ValCruzSpyder
04-22-2014, 10:58 AM
Does Post Pimp sound better?

:clap::yes: POST PIMP! :yes::clap: May we all strive to achelve this level!! :roflblack:

OJ UK
04-22-2014, 11:12 AM
Hmmm......... Judging by some of the comments above I may have hit a raw nerve with some using the "W" word :yikes:

For those who have taken my comment literally and think I was taking a swipe at Bob I apologise.

I'm sure that Bob knows that it's all tongue-in-cheek and absolutely no offence is intended. I just don't do PC!

My aim here was a bit of harmless fun, not a post to be taken seriously. Life is too damn short to be taken seriously!

wyliec
04-22-2014, 11:17 AM
Hmmm......... Judging by some of the comments above I may have hit a raw nerve with some using the "W" word :yikes:

For those who have taken my comment literally and think I was taking a swipe at Bob I apologise.

I'm sure that Bob knows that it's all tongue-in-cheek and absolutely no offence is intended. I just don't do PC!

If you would prefer it if I deleted the thread, just say the word. My aim here was a bit of harmless fun,
not a post to be taken seriously. Life is too damn short to be taken seriously!

I don't see anywhere where someone thought it was other than funny.

kman
04-22-2014, 11:19 AM

If you would prefer it if I deleted the thread, just say the word. My aim here was a bit of harmless fun,

No no I think your okay mate,at least in my eyes.I think we are all friends here and if you can't poke fun at your friends who can you :cus: with?

Bob Denman
04-22-2014, 11:49 AM
:agree: :roflblack:

ARCTIC
04-22-2014, 12:00 PM

Nope! He's a Post Whore for sure :roflblack:

Bob Denman
04-22-2014, 12:49 PM
Well; you ride Arctic Cats!
86938 :D

ARCTIC
04-22-2014, 01:25 PM

And that's a skidoo in that picture:roflblack:

garb55
04-22-2014, 01:31 PM

He is at it again:roflblack::yes:

Bob Denman
04-22-2014, 01:54 PM
And that's a skidoo in that picture:roflblack:
I know: The ANTI-Cat! :2thumbs:

ARtraveler
04-22-2014, 02:06 PM
I asked Bob about his posting last year at Spyderfest.
What he told forever changed my opinion.

He said “I think it’s important that when someone takes the time to say something that they know that someone heard them, all I am saying usually is I heard you."

:agree: x 2. I do believe an acknowledgement, a welcome, a congratulations, a we feel your pain, hang in there friend, our thoughts and prayers are with you type comment(s) say a lot.

There are many caring persons on SL and for me, IMO, that is what makes this site so great. If people don't want to post in a thread, that's also okay. If people do want to post in a thread, that should also be okay.

I personally don't like the Post W----, term or implication. It was started, IMO, by someone that we seem to discuss often. To me, it has a bad connotation, IMO.

Sometimes, in some threads, we get funny and probably over post carrying on with nonsense. If you don't want to stick around for the fun, you don't have to read that post or comment on it . There are plenty of other posts and threads that are worth going to.

Let's get along with each other and enjoy this great site for what it is. Thanks Lamont, for providing this site to all Spyderlovers.

Magdave
04-22-2014, 02:18 PM
I don't see anywhere where someone thought it was other than funny.
I figured it was true but what do I know?:dontknow: I don't think Bob cares what you call him as long as it is not late for dinner. :thumbup:

Bob Denman
04-22-2014, 02:28 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ONPaTqJY1Is

jScotD
04-22-2014, 08:42 PM
for you UnCLe BoB

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MktqwE1Zl-8

jScotD
04-22-2014, 08:50 PM
thick as a brick , every morning i awake// the wise men don't have a clue

finless
04-22-2014, 08:55 PM
The only thing I see that bothers me sometimes is when a serious thread goes down the toilet. Oh and Bob and am not talking about you! You always provide help based on what you know and I really like how you welcome new comers. So again not pointed at Bob at all. But some seem to take the joking or whatever you want to call it way over the line. Serious posts can sometimes get so much dribble that having to read all through them to "learn" something is just not right. It also makes following a thread difficult.

There are some posts here I think are important and historic in what they contain. But when you have to read through 10 posts to get 1 with good info, or to even be able to follow the topic because of useless posts scattered within them, it is really not good for the community. It makes doing research hard.

The thread that was deleted maybe was not the right way to approach the problem, but the point the OP made was in fact valid.

Sorry if I PO a few here but that's the way I see it too.... Maybe I am too serious a person but in my opinion, good info should not be polluted with jokes and dribble if it is not necessary.

Bob

finless
04-22-2014, 08:56 PM
for you UnCLe BoB

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MktqwE1Zl-8

Nice video by the way! I love Tull!

Bob

Tango
04-22-2014, 09:55 PM
Call it what ever you want. Butt. He is a "post whore"! :roflblack::roflblack: And I can't wait to meet him in person. :hun: :thumbup: Tom :trike:

ARtraveler
04-22-2014, 10:49 PM
The only thing I see that bothers me sometimes is when a serious thread goes down the toilet. Oh and Bob and am not talking about you! You always provide help based on what you know and I really like how you welcome new comers. So again not pointed at Bob at all. But some seem to take the joking or whatever you want to call it way over the line. Serious posts can sometimes get so much dribble that having to read all through them to "learn" something is just not right. It also makes following a thread difficult.

There are some posts here I think are important and historic in what they contain. But when you have to read through 10 posts to get 1 with good info, or to even be able to follow the topic because of useless posts scattered within them, it is really not good for the community. It makes doing research hard.

The thread that was deleted maybe was not the right way to approach the problem, but the point the OP made was in fact valid.

Sorry if I PO a few here but that's the way I see it too.... Maybe I am too serious a person but in my opinion, good info should not be polluted with jokes and dribble if it is not necessary.

Bob

Your point is well taken. I personally am trying to not get caught up in some of it. But, I have also been guilty. :bowdown:

Bob Denman
04-23-2014, 06:46 AM
I'm just...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QFCtMvdWiXE

Dan McNally
04-23-2014, 07:18 AM
I have nothing to add . . . except that I enjoy Bob's posts, I agree with him often, and sometimes he pisses me off . . . which is normal in life, and I like Jethro Tull, too! Oh, and I hope Bob shows up at SpyderQuest, as I'd like to buy him a beer!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v43LNBDNBIk

Magdave
04-23-2014, 07:25 AM
I think we should just move forward and quit

http://youtu.be/EsCyC1dZiN8

Bob Denman
04-23-2014, 07:52 AM
I have nothing to add . . . except that I enjoy Bob's posts, I agree with him often, and sometimes he pisses me off . . . which is normal in life, and I like Jethro Tull, too! Oh, and I hope Bob shows up at SpyderQuest, as I'd like to buy him a beer!

:cheers: :cheers::cheers: :2thumbs:

jScotD
04-23-2014, 09:29 PM
and worked in a traveling band.. once up north in rock island IL the river was flooding and the "family" bar we were playing at was just about 2 blocks away from the river rising....stripper bar on the way to the club where we played,,, open window for all to see in.. brain strain for what I retained in the brain, going down the street to the club..:shocked: I was only in my 20's. we played tull a lot.. toothless guy running around wanting to hear more Jethro TooL.. old guy introduced me to his wife the second time on 2 different nights .. 2 different women:hun:

don't mean to hijack the thread .. just too much music we played , when we were young.. great TULL forwards.. thanks
jScotD

jaherbst
04-24-2014, 11:33 AM
Bob Denman's name has been mentioned on the Spyder Mates forum in Australia.....very ominous!

They also reckon he's a post-whore!! :clap::joke:

Yea but I think he is a nice guy. Take Snoopy if your looking for a post whore.

Sarge707
04-24-2014, 11:53 AM

Bob

:agree: Completely!!! Those who post most of the time just to see their name in Print or to make one funny comment after another:gaah: after another:yikes: after another:cus: without any content or links that can "Help?" newcomers are Not doing the group any favors!

If people start leaving then "So Will Sponsors?"

Bob Denman
04-24-2014, 05:00 PM
Yea but I think he is a nice guy. Take Snoopy if your looking for a post whore.
Thanks; PM sent...

Dan McNally
04-24-2014, 05:14 PM
:popcorn:

(just increased my post count by one . . . )

Bob Denman
04-24-2014, 05:16 PM
You see how easy it is? :D :thumbup:
Popcorn; I'll join you! :popcorn:

spydaman60
04-24-2014, 06:14 PM
86938 :Dis that one for sale? I want one of those puppies!:thumbup:

MikeinGA
04-24-2014, 06:29 PM
Did you say something? :joke:

:sour::hun:

Mike

Bob Ledford
04-24-2014, 06:33 PM
Truth be known Bob isn't a "post whore, pimp, or a post prostitute." He is a posting addict!

He like stink he is everywhere a it would not be the same around here if he were of a different persona IMO! Atta boy Bob:bowdown:

Bob Denman
04-25-2014, 06:40 AM
He like stink he is everywhere
:shocked:
I guess that I've been called a lot worse... :D