PDA

View Full Version : Oil Pressure Light on Startup Sometimes

j45p3r
04-20-2014, 06:54 PM
Sometimes the oil pressure light will stay on after I start my Spyder. If I shut it off and restart it the light will go out. Any thoughts? I have a 2009 SM5 with around 19,000 miles. Oil is full and it happens before and after an oil change. It's been happening for the past year or so.

Thanks!

Chupaca
04-20-2014, 07:17 PM
Your oil pressure sending unit. Many times it will delay a bit depending on weather and running conditions. Make sure oil level is good and clean. The oil light indicates oil pressue not level or condition...:thumbup:

russj_20
04-20-2014, 11:10 PM
More than likely as stated above, its your oil pressure switch. You should also be able to rev the vehicle to above 2320rpms for a few seconds and the light will go out. It seems like BRP recalibrated their software so it wasnt as "touchy" on certain trouble codes. I would make sure all of your software is up to date. This is done with a quick scan on a computer at your dealer!

j45p3r
04-21-2014, 10:07 AM
Thanks guys, I ordered the pressure switch since it was only $10. I have to get the bike to the dealer to have recall work done so I'll have them hook it up to BUDS and check the software as well. Right now I've got it torn down in the drive way replacing Y-pipe gaskets and checking my valve clearances.

Bob Denman
04-21-2014, 12:25 PM
"Peace of mind", is always worth ten bucks! :thumbup: