PDA

View Full Version : Back from the Dark Side

PrairieSpyder
04-19-2014, 04:39 PM
I'm Patti and I test rode a HD TriGlide and liked it! That was last Saturday. Then as of Monday I was getting quotes and dealing with 2 HD dealers. On Monday night I was unable to sleep much for thinking about it. What did I really want? I want a good machine that I can have serviced without driving across country. The 2014 surely fit that bill.

But I really like the Spyder. I took it out a couple times this week, and though it doesn't have a lot of the whistles and bells as the Tri, I fell in love with it again. I just wished there was a Spyder dealer within 50 miles of me. I also really appreciate the sense of community of the Spyder world. http://www.pic4ever.com/images/grouphug.gif(Love you guys!)

So I decided to go to Spyderfest, after all, and then called Len. He's got my name on a 2014 RTS and I've been approved for a loan. So I need to think about what I'll pack, find my title, contact my insurance co, etc. I'll go to Springfield on a red 2011 and come home on a yellow RTS!!:yes:

He's going to be able to transfer my Ultimate seat and hitch. Then at the 'fest all I need to buy will be highway pegs and a bump skid!

Then, if I think I can afford it, I'll have to look into Durango!! I'm ba-a-a-a-ack!

[Edit: changed "5 miles" to "50 miles"

spyder3
04-19-2014, 04:46 PM
Welcome back!!! Congrats on the new '14:clap:

Bob Denman
04-19-2014, 04:50 PM
:D I was pretty sure that you were "dabbling with the darkness", a wee bit... :shocked:
Welcome back!! :2thumbs:

Vrooom
04-19-2014, 04:57 PM
You "done seen the light" with that sunshine yellow '14, congrats!

samewok
04-19-2014, 05:48 PM
Congrats and enjoy the new ride in a few days.

joebryanjr
04-19-2014, 06:06 PM
:welcome:Welcome back!

Chupaca
04-19-2014, 06:08 PM
You were never really gone. Everyone is allowed to stray but glad your back or at least feel your back. Have a great trip up and a better one back...:ohyea::ohyea:

ruthie
04-19-2014, 08:18 PM
great choice. Traded my 2010 for 2014RT SE Limited and loving every ride I take on it. Hope to meet you at Spyderfest.

ARtraveler
04-19-2014, 08:25 PM
:welcome: :congrats: on the new ryde. I really do think that you made the right decision. And even in my favorite color. :roflblack:

Jeriatric
04-19-2014, 08:27 PM
imo. You made a wise decision.

:congrats: :doorag:

Bob Denman
04-19-2014, 08:44 PM
:shocked: Back???
You were NEVER gone! :D
:2thumbs:

spyder-dude
04-20-2014, 09:07 AM
Wow that was a big change from almost not going to Spyderfest! :thumbup: I think you will really like the decision to stick with the Spyder and also the 2014 RT's are amazing! See you at Spyderfest! :2thumbs:

Purple Guy
04-20-2014, 09:41 AM
Welcome Baaaaaack!

:congrats: on your 2014 RT-S

flamingobabe
04-20-2014, 10:20 AM
HIP...HIP HOORAY....glad you are moving up to a 14.......so excited you will be at Spyderfest

CapNCrunch
04-20-2014, 11:52 AM
I'm Patti and I test rode a HD TriGlide and liked it! That was last Saturday. Then as of Monday I was getting quotes and dealing with 2 HD dealers. On Monday night I was unable to sleep much for thinking about it. What did I really want? I want a good machine that I can have serviced without driving across country. The 2014 surely fit that bill.

But I really like the Spyder. I took it out a couple times this week, and though it doesn't have a lot of the whistles and bells as the Tri, I fell in love with it again. I just wished there was a Spyder dealer within 5 miles of me. I also really appreciate the sense of community of the Spyder world. http://www.pic4ever.com/images/grouphug.gif(Love you guys!)

So I decided to go to Spyderfest, after all, and then called Len. He's got my name on a 2014 RTS and I've been approved for a loan. So I need to think about what I'll pack, find my title, contact my insurance co, etc. I'll go to Springfield on a red 2011 and come home on a yellow RTS!!:yes:

He's going to be able to transfer my Ultimate seat and hitch. Then at the 'fest all I need to buy will be highway pegs and a bump skid!

Then, if I think I can afford it, I'll have to look into Durango!! I'm ba-a-a-a-ack!

Hey, Patty: Wouldn't it be nice to have a dealer within FIVE miles?! I have to drive 300 round trip. Congrats on the 2014 Spyder. You're going to LOVE it.
CapNCrunch

Bob Denman
04-20-2014, 02:38 PM
Capn,
that just means that you've always good a got excuse for a decent ride! :thumbup:
"See you at suppertime. I've got to go pick up a quart of oil..." :D

Dragon Snake
04-20-2014, 08:35 PM
The Dark Side will entice all of us from time to time. I was looking at triked wings for some strange reason beyond my comprehension. I finally laid down till the feeling passed and then went to my friendly Spyder dealer and ordered a 14 RT-S. Did I mention the color is yellow? So enjoy the new tryke and the new found light!;)

PrairieSpyder
04-20-2014, 09:54 PM
Hey, Patty: Wouldn't it be nice to have a dealer within FIVE miles?! I have to drive 300 round trip. Congrats on the 2014 Spyder. You're going to LOVE it.
CapNCrunch

Oops! My bad. That was supposed to read "50 miles" not 5. I've edited the OP to correct it.

Big Arm
04-20-2014, 10:31 PM
:congrats: on your new ride :thumbup: See you at Spyderfest

Bob Denman
04-21-2014, 06:57 AM
Oops! My bad. That was supposed to read "50 miles" not 5. I've edited the OP to correct it.
When you're riding a bike that you truly love; a 50 mile hop, only feels like about 5... :2thumbs: