PDA

View Full Version : Zump 660 Mounting Instructions

Snowhawg
04-19-2014, 11:32 AM
I've seen a couple videos, but I'm looking for the printed instructions that come with the GPS mounting kit. Does anyone have a copy of the installation instructions that they could scan and post or email to me?

eddieshep999
04-19-2014, 02:21 PM
You could try the Zumo Forum - http://www.zumoforums.com/

You may have to register like you do on this site but you get answers to all things Zumo (All models)

bmwlarry
04-19-2014, 11:08 PM
Anybody that has a Limited with the factory nav should have the instructions in the box the nab came in with the bike.

stevedfive
04-20-2014, 01:46 AM
I have them and can scan them Monday or Tuesday. Key me know if that works for you.

PMK
04-20-2014, 05:47 AM
I also have the instructions. My wife decided that we should have the Zumo, so it was purchased at the time we bought the machine. I installed it later.

Be careful with the instructions though, they are kind of vague in some areas. If you are installing the Garmin on a 2014 RT series, the instructions are very lacking. Also, there is a video, maybe on You Tube, that shows the tech removing the right front headlight. This is a good method to route the wires.

I also found on ur 14 that the hex sockets for the bar bolts requires two different sizes. You need a 7mm and an 8mm to install the mount.

PK

Snowhawg
04-22-2014, 10:59 AM
I have them and can scan them Monday or Tuesday. Key me know if that works for you.

That would be great. My email address is: snowhawg@aol.com.

Snowhawg
04-22-2014, 11:03 AM
I also have the instructions. My wife decided that we should have the Zumo, so it was purchased at the time we bought the machine. I installed it later.

Be careful with the instructions though, they are kind of vague in some areas. If you are installing the Garmin on a 2014 RT series, the instructions are very lacking. Also, there is a video, maybe on You Tube, that shows the tech removing the right front headlight. This is a good method to route the wires.

I also found on ur 14 that the hex sockets for the bar bolts requires two different sizes. You need a 7mm and an 8mm to install the mount.

PK

Thanks for the info. I bought a 2011 RT-S SE5 from a dealer in Dallas. They can't seem to figure out the instructions. I bought the mounting kit on Ebay. The dealer thinks there are missing parts. I live in the Chicago area and I'm going down to Dallas to pick it up Friday and ride it back here. I've given up on the dealer getting it done, so I may need your help when I get it home and start installing it.

bmwlarry
04-22-2014, 11:50 AM
I just moved my from the OEM positioned to top of dash! Love it there!

Here is what I did. (http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/showthread.php?66272-Moved-GPS-today)

stevedfive
04-22-2014, 12:53 PM
Sent