PDA

View Full Version : Kewlmetal Bars, Stock Cables and SE5's

Mad Matt
08-29-2008, 03:47 PM
I have been getting a few phone calls and emails saying that folks have heard that the stock cables do not work with the Kewlmetal Spyder handle bars. This is absolutely false, all the stock cable work fine with the 5 or 7 inch bars. The 7 inch bars are not really much taller than the 4 inch risers, it's just that the measurment is taken to the tip of the bar and the bars are angled back more at the grips to be more comfortable, so the tips are closer to the rider, but the inside of the grip, where the wires and cables connect is about the same as a 4 inch riser. I have also been asked about the SE5 setup, and the Kewl bars will work on the SE5 with no modifications required.

Hope this clears thing up a little.

Please call me 623-298-7835 if you have any questions!

Matt

http://kewlmetal.com/PortalStore_Images/1/1/KD-223a.jpg

vwatso
08-30-2008, 12:02 PM
Matt,

Thank you for bringing this to the surface. I thought I was going to have to modify my cables in order for them to have to fit. This brings more opprtunities for folks who do not like the stock position bars. The best part is the price $69.95 a set. That's probably one of the most reasonable priced mods out there. Thanks again for posting.

vwatso

:2thumbs::2thumbs:

fredace
08-30-2008, 02:17 PM
I feel better knowing this, since I've ordered the SE5 and now have to return the No Magic Neon risers I received 'cause they won't fit it. I look forward to installing yours.