PDA

View Full Version : How strong is the "TricLED" Mudflap you ask?

ElZorroRides
04-17-2014, 02:27 PM
Strong enough to rip the entire back end off your Spyder....lol.

This is by NO MEANS a complaint. Just a funny and albeit, unfortunate accident. Last month my wife went for a ride with a friend who was visiting from out of town. They had stop somewhere and the driveway she was on was a tat steep. She was backing up and had not added air to the rear shock so the back end was lower than usual with her passenger. Well, the Mudflap rolled up under the rear tire. She didn't realize this and thought she was just stuck some and added more throttle. The Mudflap (Which I apparently installed exceptionally well), literally yanked and RIPPED the rear fender area completely off the Spyder. She said she heard a loud Boom and thought she had blown the tire. I got home from work before she arrived at home and when she walked in she had a sad look on her face. She said she wanted to show me something but didn't want me to be mad. We walk out to the garage and this is what she shows me.

http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e27/RRAG/Spyder%20Limited/85435173-3243-448D-911E-2067912989C7_zpscdjom2kf.jpg

She explains it to me and though I'm kinda shocked, I got a big laugh out of it and told her it was an accident and there was nothing to be mad about. She felt allot better about it and we both got a good laugh. I sent Reggie at TricLED this pic with my compliments on such a strong product. The Spyder has been repaired since and all is well. I will be shortening the Flap before it goes back on.

spyder-dude
04-17-2014, 02:36 PM
Ouch! Don't want to know how much that replacement black brp plastic is going to cost you. :(

Bob Denman
04-17-2014, 02:38 PM
:shocked: Wow! :shocked:
I bet that she felt a lot better; once she saw your reaction to the "bad news"... :clap: :thumbup:
And of course;you're right about Reggy! :2thumbs:

Chupaca
04-17-2014, 03:15 PM
That is sturdy. Could have a tear away mounting system but then you need to replace the flap can't win. Glad all is well again..!! :thumbup:

kyspyder
04-17-2014, 07:39 PM
Ouch! Don't want to know how much that replacement black brp plastic is going to cost you. :(

MSRP is about $150

KYSPYDER