PDA

View Full Version : Future GPS Mounting

tplayer49
04-16-2014, 06:21 PM
Hi,

Soon to own a 2014 ST-S SE5. I am having a cigarett lighter installed on the dash. Will plug in GPS. So where do I want mount my GPS. Right now I am thinking of between the handle bars. But just a guess because I have not seen many Spyders around here, and I am not sure.

Your rec. on a mount? Won't be touring much so rain proof stuff is not a concern. :sour: How about the best anti glare GPS?

Joe

edmarino
04-16-2014, 07:30 PM
There are a couple of vendors on this web site that offer GPS mounts , one in particular is J T machine offers a bar on which you can mount a couple of different devises using ram ball mounts..

finless
04-16-2014, 07:45 PM
This is how I did mine.

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/showthread.php?65615-DIY-GPS-mount-and-hookup-with-12V-outlet-video

Bob

Polish Eagle
04-16-2014, 07:54 PM
Hi,

Soon to own a 2014 ST-S SE5. I am having a cigarett lighter installed on the dash. Will plug in GPS. So where do I want mount my GPS. Right now I am thinking of between the handle bars. But just a guess because I have not seen many Spyders around here, and I am not sure.

Your rec. on a mount? Won't be touring much so rain proof stuff is not a concern. :sour: How about the best anti glare GPS?

Joe

I mounted mine using RAM mounts all purchased @ www.gpscity.com (http://www.gpscity.com) The ball mount is RAM-B-272U. Medium length arm RAM-B-201U. They also offer many cradles to fit various GPS units, or you could use the X-Grip mount. A sandwich bag keeps the rain off. I use a Tom Tom. As far as glare goes, I can still read it & it didn't cost $600. You will need to purchase a longer mounting bolt (at a nut & bolt store) & a 1/2 to 3/4" spacer. PM me if you have any questions

DR Buck
04-16-2014, 09:35 PM
Put it up on top of the console (dash). Otherwise you have to look down to see it. Many of us have moved the factory installed mount from the handle bars up to the console.

spyder-dude
04-17-2014, 06:02 AM
I have used the ISCI SPY-AM-RTC - Has RAM 1 inch ball for mounting various accessories (GPS, Cup holders, iPods, Cellphones) - Center of the handlebar mount

$40 at ISCI.

http://isciride.com/iscirtparts.htm

Flamewinger
04-18-2014, 12:51 AM
We're talking about an ST. The dash is different than on the RT's. JT Machine's GPS mount only works on RT's. RAM is the way to go for the ST's. My Ltd came with the BRP mount and I added Satellite radio and Cell phone mounts to each end of the handlebars using Rivco's drink holder mount (w/o the drink holder). It would be great if we could mount to the dash.

Susie
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

mastertek2000
04-18-2014, 04:50 AM
this worked fine for me and only cost like $20 8664186642

swrafey2000
04-18-2014, 06:12 AM
I got mine off EBay for $.99 plus $4.00 shipping. It's been on the bike for six years no problems. It's located on the right by my throttle.

spyder-dude
04-18-2014, 08:54 AM
FYI. The ISCI SPY-AM-RTC Ram mount bolt will also work on the ST handlebars as well.