PDA

View Full Version : Any DYI videos for sway bar/oil change/backrest.

SAPD911
04-16-2014, 07:18 AM
I see we have instructions, but has anyone done a video showing step by step? Looking to install the Ron Swaybar. Also, I ordered the Utopia backrest, has anyone installed this on the 14? Was it easy? A local trike shop wanted 1 hr labor= $95.00!

bcoulter19
04-16-2014, 07:59 AM
have you tried google or searching youtube. you can usually find those things there.

granpa in Cincy
04-16-2014, 08:13 AM
The utopia site has step by step instructions via still pics.

Chupaca
04-16-2014, 10:02 AM
many manufacturers have videos or photos showing instalation. For the 2014's I haven't seen any videos on oil change or for the BajaRon sway bar. Ron's instructions are very good and easy to follow. Good luck you should be fine with what you've got..:thumbup:

SpyderAnn01
04-16-2014, 10:05 AM
Joe is installing my sway bar today and I'll try to take some video for you.

SAPD911
04-16-2014, 11:07 AM
many manufacturers have videos or photos showing instalation. For the 2014's I haven't seen any videos on oil change or for the BajaRon sway bar. Ron's instructions are very good and easy to follow. Good luck you should be fine with what you've got..:thumbup:
I searched and none out there. I am going to attempt to install the sway bar and backrest. Have a buddy with a lift. It doesn't look that hard to do but I have been known to mess the easier things up, lol.

SpyderAnn01
04-16-2014, 11:32 AM
I searched and none out there. I am going to attempt to install the sway bar and backrest. Have a buddy with a lift. It doesn't look that hard to do but I have been known to mess the easier things up, lol.

Installing the bar is not difficult but getting the Spyder high enough off the ground is the hard part.

Bob Denman
04-16-2014, 05:09 PM
If I may offer just a little bit of advice...
Have those instructions committed to memory; Know them front to back, to front again, and then out both sides; just for good measure! :2thumbs:
The high lift; is the interesting part... :shocked: Play it safe! :thumbup:

Jim&Teresa
04-16-2014, 05:13 PM
Hi fellow Spyderlovers....I did an install of the BajaRon anti-sway bar on my 2014 RT L in March and have attached the link to my post. It has some pictures and discussion on how high to get the bike, etc. Any questions, just let me know. As others have said, the bar install is easy, it's getting the height needed to clear the old bar and put the new bar in (which takes about 30 seconds). You can do most of the work without raising it to the height needed to remove/install the bars. Short answer -- about 20-21 inches from frame to floor to remove bar and replace with new bar. :thumbup:

Good luck with your farkle! :thumbup:

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/showthread.php?64799-One-more-farkle-completed!-Bajaron-Sway-Bar-Install&referrerid=12858 (http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/showthread.php?64799-One-more-farkle-completed%21-Bajaron-Sway-Bar-Install&referrerid=12858)

BTW, have not done an oil change on the 2014 yet. Did install the BRP driver's backrest -- just follow instructions - super simple install. Hardest part of the backrest install is getting the cover off of the seat where the backrest goes in! :yikes: :thumbup: BajaRon's instructions were excellent - just follow them step by step! :2thumbs: