PDA

View Full Version : Folding wheelchair

pwpalmbay
04-15-2014, 07:20 PM
Hey Spyder lovers, I'm new to the forum and in the process of purchasing a 2013 ST!!! Can't wait to get back on the rode after being in a snowmobile accident 10 years ago that left me a T3 paraplegic.

I have been talking to several riders on the forum and need to adapt my Spyder for my particular needs. That said, I use a rigid frame chair but I've been looking for a used (cheap) folding chair that I can strap to the bike but have had no luck locating one. Craig's List, Ebay...

Anyone know where I can find a 18" wide/16" deep folding chair?

Thanks, the forum has been great.

Chupaca
04-15-2014, 09:42 PM
Just googled used wheelchairs and a bunch popped up. Browse and see if there is one to suit your needs. $99.00 on up. Good luck..!! :thumbup:

pwpalmbay
04-16-2014, 06:20 AM
Just googled used wheelchairs and a bunch popped up. Browse and see if there is one to suit your needs. $99.00 on up. Good luck..!! :thumbup:

Yeah, the ones I've seen were basically hospital chairs and big clunkers. I'll keep looking.

thanks for checking it out.

fireplug98
04-16-2014, 07:20 AM
I will keep my eyes open for a wheelchair for ya.
Give Setho (on SpyderLovers) a message. He rides a wheelchair like you.
He may have some search ideas for you. Also he has a real slick mount on the back of his RS for his wheelchair.

Tommy J.

ironsidebob
04-16-2014, 09:51 AM
Hey pwpalmbay, Where are you in Florida, I'm a T4 para with a 2012 RSS SE5 and I use a Rigid chair also. Would be glad to show you all the mods and wheelchair rack I came up with to carry my Rigid chair and able to ride. I Will be in Florida till end of May, Hope to talk soon, Robert.

pwpalmbay
04-23-2014, 07:57 PM
Palm Bay, yeah would love to see the mods.

Hey pwpalmbay, Where are you in Florida, I'm a T4 para with a 2012 RSS SE5 and I use a Rigid chair also. Would be glad to show you all the mods and wheelchair rack I came up with to carry my Rigid chair and able to ride. I Will be in Florida till end of May, Hope to talk soon, Robert.

spydaman60
04-23-2014, 08:08 PM
if you haven't found one yet, please pm me and I will check out a possible wheelchair for you. lost a good friend last year who was an enabled rider and don't think his parents sold his spyder or wheelchair yet. would be willing to go over and ask them if they would part with it.