PDA

View Full Version : Cellphone adapter BRp KIT

recordingguy
04-15-2014, 11:49 AM
Has any one purchased a cellphone adapter kit from BRP lately. I bought one early last year and the instructions were wrong. I followed the advice of members to change the adapter cable to the upper cable from the CB. I still cannot get it to work right. I can hear but no one can hear me very well. Thanks, Bob :banghead: PS see you at Spyderfest. I will be there as a vender this year.

stevedfive
04-15-2014, 03:38 PM
I recently purchased one for my 2014 and the dealer installed it when they installed the new CB and harness. That's right, it didn't work. The tech installed the new cellphone adagpter using the same 3 yr old incorrect installation instructions. I took the Tupperware off switched the plugs and it works great.

What year is your bike? Also, feel free to give me a call. BRP and I worked on this issue for a very long while in 2011. I will PM you mu number.

recordingguy
04-15-2014, 07:09 PM
I recently purchased one for my 2014 and the dealer installed it when they installed the new CB and harness. That's right, it didn't work. The tech installed the new cellphone adagpter using the same 3 yr old incorrect installation instructions. I took the Tupperware off switched the plugs and it works great.

What year is your bike? Also, feel free to give me a call. BRP and I worked on this issue for a very long while in 2011. I will PM you mu number.

My ride is a RTS 2011. Will try to call you soon. Called once around 7Pm our time in Chicago. Bob

Vidman
04-16-2014, 09:35 AM
I'm getting a bit nervous. I ordered the CB, harness and the cell phone adaptor for dealer install into my 2014 Limited when it arrives. The dealer admitted they never installed either before. Oh man!

can-am sam
04-16-2014, 10:03 AM
I had the cell phone harness installed when I bought my 2014 Limited. Phone calls did not work. The installation directions were wrong. The service tech plugged it into the correct place and now it works fine. Have your dealer call BRP for correct installation.

Vidman
04-16-2014, 10:35 AM
Thanks. You would think BRP would have updated the instructions. The dealer techs have enough to do then keep checking with the mfg.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk