PDA

View Full Version : codes C0051, U0122, C006C

StanProff
04-15-2014, 09:52 AM
I had these codes Saturday after a 430 mile day, I found a post with the same codes. Anyone know if the cause was found or a resolve? My comments are below M109Dreamer's post. I sure hope it is not the sign of some bigger problem, I have over 20,000 trouble free miles on my 2010 and have loved every mile.

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/images/misc/quote_icon.png Originally Posted by M109Dreamerhttp://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/images/buttons/viewpost-right.png (http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/showthread.php?p=771198#post771198)Well on the way home tonight we got the orange screen "DPS Fault" then a 100 feet later Limp Mode with the following codes.
C0051
U0122
C006C

I have read the threads that have talked about similar codes. And I didn't catch the results from anyones issues reported back as the cause or fix. The last time anything was done to the Spyder was back in Nov13 when we had the laser alignment done. Other than that nothing has been done to the Spyder.

Is there connectors, and where would they be located for me to check.

I am assuming that I need to take this to the dealer correct? Any suggestions?

Did you get a resolution to these codes yet?
I have been trying to look up the same 3 codes when I ran across your post. I got a limp mode and the screen flashing a DPS warning alternating with the little engine warning. I checked the codes while driving, same as yours. The screen was flashing back and forth from the pic of the handlebars to the engine warning pic. I was about 10 miles from home after a great all day ride in the West VA. mountains, Virginia and Tennessee. 430 miles total. Mine is a 2010 RTS with a little over 20,000 miles on it. Today did consist of a lot of mountains and curves. The last 150 miles home was at interstate speeds above 70 mph. It also looks like the VSS light is lit up, the one that looks like a Spyder swerving. It is the first time I have driven with limp mode engaged, it limits the rpms to about 3800 to 4000. That means you might do 50 mph in 5th gear, but that's all it would do.

Stanproff

Chupaca
04-15-2014, 10:36 AM
C0051 - SAS steering angle..will reporta DPS fault.
U0122 - Lost communication or Can- Bus Network reporting module ECM
C006C- VSS Vehicle stability system. Can Bus controller network reporting module VCM

Check battery connections to battery and ground to frame. Remove key walk away then restart. If cleared maybe caused by ryding long sweeping turns. If alignment was done could be they never reset the sensors. Regardless those need to be set with the buds system at the dealer...good luck..!! :gaah:if you want to get code and repair suggestions get the spyder codes app free for I phone and Android..

bcoulter19
04-15-2014, 10:37 AM
According to Rogers app here is what it says:

C0051:

SAS(Stering Angle)
adaptive fault
possible cause:
wrong steering angle
sensor or alignment or improper initialization

reporting module: DPS

bcoulter19
04-15-2014, 10:40 AM
According to Rogers app

u0122

Lost Communication orCan-Bus(Controller Area Network)
ID Possible Cause:
Damaged circuit wires or CAN-Bus Module

Reporting module-ECM

bcoulter19
04-15-2014, 10:43 AM
According to Rogers App

C006C

VSS(Vehicle Stability System) CAN-Bus(Controller Area Network)
rate message plausibility error.
possible cause: Communication on CAN-Bus not reliable.

bcoulter19
04-15-2014, 10:45 AM
Thanks Roger for the App it is really easy to use to look up codes. Just punch tehm in and it gives you what they think the cause is. I have it on my smartphone and will never be without it. GREAT JOB :thumbup:

bcoulter19
04-15-2014, 10:52 AM
by the way if your interested in teh app and have an android phone you can go to the google play store and search for spyder codes and download and install it. I am not sure where to get it if you have an Iphone but if you search in this forum I am sure that it is in here.

Bill

Bogie
04-15-2014, 11:11 AM
For the iPhone just type iSpyder codes for the free app

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

SpyderRx
04-15-2014, 03:01 PM
I couldn't find my recent code in the app. It was P0990

StanProff
04-15-2014, 06:01 PM
Thank everyone for the info. I did find the app with the codes and have checked the battery connections and other system connectors that I could access while I had all the left side panels off. I took another quick ride down the highway and all seems well. I talked to my dealer today and soon as i can get it to them they will hook up buds and check it out. The mechanic did say that the steering angle sensor could be off.

SpyderRx
04-15-2014, 07:58 PM
I couldn't find my recent code in the app. It was P0990

There are a few unique RS codes that are not shared by the RT.
There will be a release of both mySpyder and SpyderCodes to cover these and the new ACE1330 codes.
It should be ready mid May.
Thanks Roger. I have an appointment Thursday with my dealer to hook it up to BUDS and see what the problem is.

spyderbirds
04-15-2014, 08:08 PM
Stan,
I had those same three codes and the limp mode on our 2010 RT. pulled over shut down and removed key from spyder. waited maybe a minute and restarted and all was well. No limp mode, this happened twice, once at around 11K miles and again at around 19K miles. now have 35K and still going strong.

classico
05-17-2016, 09:27 AM
Hi Guys, my name is Dennis and i am new here.

i have a 2012 rt-s se5 that gives the same error codes as described C0051 C006C U0126.( U0126 sometimes dissapears)

tried reset, battery off couple minutes.

funny thing is all codes sometimes dissapear and sometimes come back after a ride, when the codes are in it goes to limp mode(orange screen and says check dsp ), cant go faster then 70 mls/h

I am going to bring it to the dealer next week(they had no time this week :opps:) but i was curious if anybody knows the problem?

the topicstarter didnt bring the final conclussion, hope somebody can help

i will keep you updated!