PDA

View Full Version : I might make the jump

Desert Spyder
04-13-2014, 11:08 PM
to a 2014 RT. What have we discovered about the bike plus and minus compared to previous years? I have a 2010 RT. What about the rear heated grips? Mine takes a half hour to get to tepid. Any improvement here?

SpyderAnn01
04-13-2014, 11:29 PM
Brian, I haven't tried the passenger grips but I can say that the driver grips heat way faster than they did on my 2010. And they are hotter too. I've got to say that everything is a plus over the 2010.

Chupaca
04-14-2014, 12:24 AM
This is why your going to jump...heated grips..!! :roflblack: looks like you don't need much to jump. Good choice they seem to be great machines with a lot of changes. Once you get one you may not care about those grips..:roflblack:

ARtraveler
04-14-2014, 01:22 AM
I like the idea of the larger 1330cc-three cylinder engine. Those that have made the jump like the improved and quieter performance. Most are also reporting better gas mileage.

I also drive a 2010 RTS, but have made the jump because of all the above. No test rydes yet, it is supposed to be in transit, and I am waiting for its arrival.

R30SHIRE
04-14-2014, 04:24 AM
I made the jump from a 2012 and its the biggest mistake I ever made. After all the hype of the 2014, it's no better or no worse that the 2012. I guess my expectations of the 2014's may have had the bar set a little higher than it should of been. Although, the 2014 is a nice setup.

Bob Denman
04-14-2014, 06:41 AM
The Missus has pronounced the rear heated grips as FINALLY being fit for duty! :thumbup:
Actually; just about everything that we loved about our 2010; we find that the 2014 does just a little bit better! :2thumbs: :clap:
The onlt downsides that we have noticed: the missing frunk-release button, and I think that the frunk has a bit less storage space...

SpyderAnn01
04-14-2014, 09:58 AM
The Missus has pronounced the rear heated grips as FINALLY being fit for duty! :thumbup:
Actually; just about everything that we loved about our 2010; we find that the 2014 does just a little bit better! :2thumbs: :clap:
The onlt downsides that we have noticed: the missing frunk-release button, and I think that the frunk has a bit less storage space...

Yes, Bob, when they moved the battery to the front it took up a little room.

Bob Denman
04-14-2014, 10:01 AM
I noticed that my brain bucket seemed to take up a bit more room, than it had... :shocked:

GeoffCee
04-14-2014, 10:58 AM
Could the higher output of an alternator be the cause of the 2014 grips warming up quicker?

Desert Spyder
04-14-2014, 12:17 PM
This is why your going to jump...heated grips..!! :roflblack: looks like you don't need much to jump. Good choice they seem to be great machines with a lot of changes. Once you get one you may not care about those grips..:roflblack:

I'm ALWAYS concerned about my wifes welfare, but this is not the only reason. My present bike is half paid for and has over 42,000 miles on it. What is the life expectancy of either of us? I'm 63. It probably will be my last chance and I don't want to do it on the side of the road with a broken down trike. I don't know if it will happen. My bike is underwater so what are the odds? Trading in a bike is not the same as a car.

stevedfive
04-14-2014, 12:52 PM
DO IT! :thumbup:

Bob Denman
04-14-2014, 01:24 PM
:agree::agree::agree::agree::agree::agree::agree:: agree::agree::agree::agree::agree::agree::agree::a gree::agree::agree::agree: :2thumbs:

ARtraveler
04-14-2014, 01:35 PM
I also decided to make the jump because I am running out of time and resources to make a large toy purchase such as the :ani29:. I want to enjoy the "new and best" while I still can.

spydaman60
04-14-2014, 01:40 PM
I'm ALWAYS concerned about my wifes welfare, but this is not the only reason. My present bike is half paid for and has over 42,000 miles on it. What is the life expectancy of either of us? I'm 63. It probably will be my last chance and I don't want to do it on the side of the road with a broken down trike. I don't know if it will happen. My bike is underwater so what are the odds? Trading in a bike is not the same as a car.am i missing something when you say your bike is underwater???:roflblack:

ARtraveler
04-14-2014, 01:43 PM
am i missing something when you say your bike is underwater???:roflblack:

Perhaps like "upside down" (owe more than its worth?)

spydaman60
04-14-2014, 01:47 PM
Perhaps like "upside down" (owe more than its worth?)must be a west coast thing! i never heard that before. 62 years old and still got some learning to do. oh well!:(

Bob Denman
04-14-2014, 01:47 PM
I think that they did mean "Underwater"
They got a yellow one! 86419

stevedfive
04-14-2014, 02:46 PM
NOW!

TicketBait
04-15-2014, 02:32 PM
to a 2014 RT. What have we discovered about the bike plus and minus compared to previous years? I have a 2010 RT. What about the rear heated grips? Mine takes a half hour to get to tepid. Any improvement here?

If you have your 2010 just the way you want, maybe wait a little longer. Heated gloves won't require any financing.

However reliability is paramount, so if you are unsure about the present ride, they jump ship no matter what.

When I get my next new Spyder will probably have all farkles installed at time of assembly, like many are doing at PitBull powersports.

Adding lighting where all reflective tape is and replacing with LED's & a foot peg, and finding out what other farkles people like and work. On my 2010 I went through three different footboards till finding the one's I like best.

Are you going to keep your trailer and just paint to match?

Good luck and let us know what you decide.

Desert Spyder
04-15-2014, 04:51 PM
If you have your 2010 just the way you want, maybe wait a little longer. Heated gloves won't require any financing.

However reliability is paramount, so if you are unsure about the present ride, they jump ship no matter what.

When I get my next new Spyder will probably have all farkles installed at time of assembly, like many are doing at PitBull powersports.

Adding lighting where all reflective tape is and replacing with LED's & a foot peg, and finding out what other farkles people like and work. On my 2010 I went through three different footboards till finding the one's I like best.

Are you going to keep your trailer and just paint to match?

Good luck and let us know what you decide.

Re: the trailer more than likely. My local dealer, B&B in VV asked me to come in and do a test ride (done did that on Blue Star's loaner) pick colors and do the numbers game on the computer. If things don't work out in my favor then at least we had some quality time together says the dealer. Last time I bought my bike at a well known super center down the hill and did not like the manipulation tactics. They don't want any used bikes laying around. B&B is a small op almost the size of PB with a small amount of inventory on hand. I don't know if this is a plus or minus.

jimcrom
04-15-2014, 07:03 PM
Since the BRP truck is in our area, I would take a test ride. I did that on Sunday in Fresno and when I got home there was an email from BRP giving me an additional $1000 off on a spyder if I buy it in the next 30 days.

I really liked the 2014 RT and the ride was great. Took a while to get used to the automatic but comfort wise it is nice. The wife likes it too...

Re: the trailer more than likely. My local dealer, B&B in VV asked me to come in and do a test ride (done did that on Blue Star's loaner) pick colors and do the numbers game on the computer. If things don't work out in my favor then at least we had some quality time together says the dealer. Last time I bought my bike at a well known super center down the hill and did not like the manipulation tactics. They don't want any used bikes laying around. B&B is a small op almost the size of PB with a small amount of inventory on hand. I don't know if this is a plus or minus.

ARtraveler
04-15-2014, 07:08 PM
Since the BRP truck is in our area, I would take a test ride. I did that on Sunday in Fresno and when I got home there was an email from BRP giving me an additional $1000 off on a spyder if I buy it in the next 30 days.

I really liked the 2014 RT and the ride was great. Took a while to get used to the automatic but comfort wise it is nice. The wife likes it too...

A thousand off for taking a test ryde is pretty good. :thumbup:

TicketBait
04-15-2014, 07:45 PM

Brian, this would be worth riding to DelAmo (Thursday)or Berts (Friday) this week. The 1K probably doesn't effect the dealership:ohyea: you just have to register and give address and email etc. That's probably how jimcron got his. Worth checking out sir! just sayn