PDA

View Full Version : Can Anybody Tell Me...

Bob Denman
04-12-2014, 06:34 PM
How the front speaker grilles pop out of these RTs? :dontknow:
I've got an idea; and it MIGHT work! :D (might...)
I've always heard, that the factory XM radio reception wasn't great with a passenger on board...
My "El-Cheapo" very aftermarket setup suffers also.
I wonder if the XM antenna, (That little pod thingie), could be slid up behind one of the front speaker grilles?

PW2013STL
04-12-2014, 06:49 PM
They are held in by tabs that fit into slots on the dash.
Carefully wedge a screwdriver under the grill and separate the grill cover from the dash.
If you can get one corner off they all will come out.

:agree: But I use a putty knife as it was wider and thinner.

ornerydog7
04-12-2014, 07:10 PM
How the front speaker grilles pop out of these RTs? :dontknow:
I've got an idea; and it MIGHT work! :D (might...)
I've always heard, that the factory XM radio reception wasn't great with a passenger on board...
My "El-Cheapo" very aftermarket setup suffers also.
I wonder if the XM antenna, (That little pod thingie), could be slid up behind one of the front speaker grilles?

:popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:

Bob Denman
04-12-2014, 09:35 PM
Where would you suggest that I start the prying. :shocked:

acinpcola
04-12-2014, 10:20 PM

I removed mine starting with the outside end. Also, when I ran my cheap xm radio I had mounted the antenna to the inside of the trunk lid, it worked perfectly.

garb55
04-13-2014, 12:22 AM

Start with the bottle of Cognac
:yes::roflblack:

ZDarkman
04-13-2014, 05:20 AM
Watch this video, I believe he shows you an easy way to get it off right in the vid

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/media.php?do=details&mid=475

Bob Denman
04-13-2014, 07:48 AM
I removed mine starting with the outside end. Also, when I ran my cheap xm radio I had mounted the antenna to the inside of the trunk lid, it worked perfectly.
Thanks, Al! :thumbup:
I've got my antenna tucked up in there also. When the Missus is on her perch, she must be blocking reception... :shocked:

acinpcola
04-13-2014, 11:37 AM
Thanks, Al! :thumbup:
I've got my antenna tucked up in there also. When the Missus is on her perch, she must be blocking reception... :shocked:

Bob, at first I had the same problem, seems with 2 up the reception was blocked a bit. It took a couple of times but I finally found the hot spot for it in the lid even with ryding 2 up

Bob Denman
04-13-2014, 05:30 PM
So where is it?? :shocked:
Or would this require killing me; after the secret is divulged? :yikes:

acinpcola
04-13-2014, 07:22 PM
So where is it?? :shocked:
Or would this require killing me; after the secret is divulged? :yikes:

hmm in the name of the dead terrorist "Silence!!, I Keel you!!!"

It was off to the right of center if you look facing the trunk, in the center it would break up, to the left it would break up no matter what direction we were going when I shifted it to the right of center "Bam" worked great. It is all going to depend on that little thing up there in space.

finless
04-13-2014, 07:45 PM
Watch this video, I believe he shows you an easy way to get it off right in the vid

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/media.php?do=details&mid=475

I don't think Bob watches my videos or he would have caught that simple way to do it.

Bob

Sarge707
04-13-2014, 08:51 PM
I don't think Bob watches my videos or he would have caught that simple way to do it.

Bob

That would involve Too Much effort and Cut down on his posting time? "Don,t Chaa Nooo?":roflblack:

Bob Denman
04-14-2014, 07:12 AM
hmm in the name of the dead terrorist "Silence!!, I Keel you!!!"

It was off to the right of center if you look facing the trunk, in the center it would break up, to the left it would break up no matter what direction we were going when I shifted it to the right of center "Bam" worked great. It is all going to depend on that little thing up there in space.
Thanks Al! :2thumbs:

I actually did watch most of the video... :opps: I figured that I must have missed it when you started discussing stereo versus mono inputs, and getting sound out of both speaker sides... SORRY! :opps: