PDA

View Full Version : BRP Backrest parts??

rworell
04-12-2014, 07:12 AM
So I purchased Dave's BRP backrest but I'm only getting that piece. I understand that I still need the base as well. Why is there so much discrepency in price? I seeing them at around $90 and over $300. Is the hight priced one aluminum or metal vs plastic? Just not understanding it.... I want to purchase one, but I really don't want to spend more money on the higher priced one if I don't have to.
My Spyder is an 2008 Black/Silver GS

Thanks
Rich

arntufun
04-12-2014, 07:19 AM
So I purchased Dave's BRP backrest but I'm only getting that piece. I understand that I still need the base as well. Why is there so much discrepency in price? I seeing them at around $90 and over $300. Is the hight priced one aluminum or metal vs plastic? Just not understanding it.... I want to purchase one, but I really don't want to spend more money on the higher priced one if I don't have to.
My Spyder is an 2008 Black/Silver GS

Thanks
Rich

You will not find a new Sport rack for $90. It most likely just the deck lid that your seeing for that price (A new sport rack comes with a deck lid).....

The cheapest one on ebay is http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Can-Am-Spyder-Roadster-Full-Moon-Silver-Rear-Sport-Rack-219400081-/360835334384?pt=Motorcycles_Parts_Accessories&hash=item54037640f0&vxp=mtr

Good luck to you, it's the best mod you can do for your passenger. :thumbup:

rworell
04-12-2014, 07:24 AM
Since I posted this I have figured that out as well... errrrrr.... why is this stuff so expensive.. ??????:banghead:

IGETAROUND
04-12-2014, 08:15 PM
Since I posted this I have figured that out as well... errrrrr.... why is this stuff so expensive.. ??????:banghead:

Captive audience perhaps:roflblack::roflblack::roflblack:

Motorcycledave
04-12-2014, 11:44 PM
Hi Everyone
Rich decided not to buy the backrest because he would have to get the
other stuff for it to mount on the Spyder namely the rack. I see them also on ebay
Anyway it's still For Sale if anyone else wants it call me
Dave

3whlLefty
04-13-2014, 05:18 PM

What motorcycle stuff isn't expensive?? Also, they are usually low volume items and need to be built to a pretty high standard. You would hate to see your backrest snap off out on the highway and dump your passenger onto the pavement. Ouch!!

DrewNJ
04-13-2014, 05:35 PM

It is a lot more expensive than it needs to be. I went through the same thing when I bought my rack and backrest. However, after having it for over 2 years now I can honestly say its one of the best things I have added.
Well worth the money if you ever carry a passenger.

Sent from my Venue 8 3830 using Tapatalk

ARCTIC
04-13-2014, 05:51 PM
I had the sport rack and adjustable backrest on my RS and I honestly NEVER adjusted it and I never removed the back rest. I would honestly recommend getting the new style backrest part #219400350 That way you don't have to buy a sport rack AND the backrest. I looked on a website and they sell them for $528.10 (it still isn't cheap but rather less of a pounding)

Copperman
04-13-2014, 06:58 PM
I had the sport rack and adjustable backrest on my RS and I honestly NEVER adjusted it and I never removed the back rest. I would honestly recommend getting the new style backrest part #219400350 That way you don't have to buy a sport rack AND the backrest. I looked on Honda Toledo East's website and they sell them for $528.10 (it still isn't cheap but rather less of a pounding)

When you call Honda East (and Burt's Megamall and maybe other sponsors) and talk to their internet sales department, be sure to tell them you're a Spyderlover. There's at least a 10% and sometimes up to 20% discount. If you don't tell them, they don't know.

An example, I bought my BRP hitch for my RT Limited last summer from Honda East and paid $437.00 (MSRP $500) delivered to my door. I paid $214.85 (MSRP $250), delivered to my door, for the BRP Blue Tooth Dongle for Audio System, from Bert's.

I love saving money!

ARCTIC
04-13-2014, 07:54 PM
r. There's at least a 10% and sometimes up to 20% discount. If you don't tell them, they don't know.

An example, I bought my BRP hitch for my RT Limited last summer from Honda East and paid $437.00 (MSRP $500) delivered to my door. I paid $214.85 (MSRP $250), delivered to my door, for the BRP Blue Tooth Dongle for Audio System, from Bert's.

I love saving money!

Me too!! Where's Bert's?

Whitetail
04-13-2014, 09:47 PM
I just ended up buying this one, after seeing it on another spyder today, Much cheaper than the BRP model.

http://www.classiccruiser.com/product.asp?item=909226 (http://www.classiccruiser.com/product.asp?item=909226)

Copperman
04-14-2014, 06:48 AM
Me too!! Where's Bert's?

They're in California, but they ship. Look for their ad on the homepage.

ARCTIC
04-14-2014, 07:21 AM
I just ended up buying this one, after seeing it on another spyder today, Much cheaper than the BRP model.

(http://www.classiccruiser.com/product.asp?item=909226)http://www.classiccruiser.com/product.asp?item=909226

That looks pretty nice and the price is very low compared to everything else I've seen.

They're in California, but they ship. Look for their ad on the homepage.

OK Thanks :2thumbs:

rworell
04-14-2014, 08:10 AM
Hey Whitetail, thanks for posting that link.. I looked at it and it looks great. Question though.... is it two pieces to buy? The backrest and the backrest frame for $129? Because i see the backrest frame that the backrest bolts up to for $89, but still both are an affordable and great option...

Thanks

ARCTIC
04-14-2014, 08:33 AM
Hey Whitetail, thanks for posting that link.. I looked at it and it looks great. Question though.... is it two pieces to buy? The backrest and the backrest frame for $129? Because i see the backrest frame that the backrest bolts up to for $89, but still both are an affordable and great option...

Thanks

Looks like you have to get the brackets separately.
Hey whitetail, post a picture of that backrest installed on your spyder

rworell
04-14-2014, 09:15 AM
Here is a picture that was on that web site from a Spyder owner who installed one.. I like it!!

Whitetail
05-31-2014, 11:38 PM

Thanks

They actually only had the brackets in stock and i have been building my own backrest portion. Lots more stuff to disassemble to install the brackets as they under the seat through the plastic grabrail pan. Im sure the BRP one goes on much easier. The backrest with the cushion has been out of stock for months from what i heard. I will post pics when its done.