PDA

View Full Version : Took the Skills Test...

NetJunkie
04-11-2014, 08:54 PM
Well..that was easy. Went and took the skills test this week at the DMV office in Concord. I had no idea they'd actually check the Spyder out so it's a darn good thing I fixed the burned out turn signal bulb that morning. I also didn't realize I'd need the emissions test receipt on a new Spyder either. Thankfully the nice people at RPM in Albemarle faxed it over there within seconds of my asking....

They had to widen out the cones and the examiner removed probably half of them on the slalom. I watched a guy on a motorcycle do the whole thing before me and they cut out several tests for me..mainly the slow slalom...some of the fast braking...and one turn. Note that I did have to use hand signals on a turn...they specifically said that.

And before anyone says it..yes, I plan to go take a MSF course this summer. The 3-wheel course is booked up for a while though I may just go do a 2-wheel so I can get the 3-wheel restriction removed.

ARtraveler
04-12-2014, 12:34 PM
Well..that was easy. Went and took the skills test this week at the DMV office in Concord. I had no idea they'd actually check the Spyder out so it's a darn good thing I fixed the burned out turn signal bulb that morning. I also didn't realize I'd need the emissions test receipt on a new Spyder either. Thankfully the nice people at RPM in Albemarle faxed it over there within seconds of my asking....

They had to widen out the cones and the examiner removed probably half of them on the slalom. I watched a guy on a motorcycle do the whole thing before me and they cut out several tests for me..mainly the slow slalom...some of the fast braking...and one turn. Note that I did have to use hand signals on a turn...they specifically said that.

And before anyone says it..yes, I plan to go take a MSF course this summer. The 3-wheel course is booked up for a while though I may just go do a 2-wheel so I can get the 3-wheel restriction removed.

:congrats: on the test. It is nice when the bureaucrats make the test accommodate the :ani29:. They do that here also.

Chupaca
04-12-2014, 12:39 PM
nice that they were accomodating. Some make you do it on a bike anyway. Enjoy and be safe..!! :yes::yes::clap: