PDA

View Full Version : DOUBLE WHAMMY

stillriding
04-10-2014, 04:27 PM
It's getting to the point that I don't want to answer my phone! My dealer just called to inform me of a SECOND recall. (Recall is his word). I was scheduled for the oil leak fix next Tuesday. Now it's a clutch slippage problem (which I've not experienced) and the parts aren't expected to arrive before the end of next week. Add to this a busy service department and that means April 22nd for repairs. That's only five days before I'm leaving for Spyderfest and I don't feel very comfortable. I guess the honeymoon's over and the wedding has barely been consummated.

Bob Denman
04-10-2014, 05:03 PM
:shocked: Did he give you any more details on what they're trying to fix? :shocked:

Bob Ledford
04-10-2014, 06:15 PM
Yeah it's a. Bummer! But on the flip side of the coin and you said it yourself!

oppyour dealer called you and gave you a heads up! How many will go until it breaks before their dealer even reads the mail?

My dealer's Service Manager, and Service Writer would meet me at the door with the information before I could get to the coffee pot!

SpyderAnn01
04-10-2014, 06:28 PM
Must be a 2014 since he posted this on the ACE 1330 thread. And even dealers need an education in the difference between a Service Bulletin and a Recall. I so hate to see the word recall used when they really mean service bulletin. :banghead:

Chupaca
04-10-2014, 06:31 PM
From your profile I see your talking about a 2014. Didn't know they had clutch slippage problems. Sorry to hear. Is there another dealer around that could get it done sooner..?? Good luck...:thumbup:

Dudley
04-10-2014, 08:17 PM
If your clutch isn't acting up, ride it like you stole it and don't look back. All the worry in the world will not prevent anything from happening, but will surely put a crimp in your riding pleasures. Call your dealer and ask him what the BRP number is for what he is calling you about.

spyder-dude
04-10-2014, 08:28 PM
One thing I have noticed with mine first taking off that it feels like it is slipping a bit. I have 3800 miles on it. I rode my buddies who only has 1000 miles and his doesn't do that. :(

CentralCoastCA
04-10-2014, 09:25 PM
I just emailed my Spyder dealer and asked him to confirm the TSB or recall on the '14's.

My '14 RT Spyder is supposed to ship from the factory in a week or so, after they fix the ignition & locks, so I am curious if the above could delay it further. I'll let you know what I hear......

stillriding
04-11-2014, 04:30 AM
There is another dealer, Chupaca, but it's one I'd rather not use. I bought my first Spyder there and it's even worse to get in for service. And, Bob, my dealer didn't say exactly what has to be done. Between BRP and this dealer, JohnnyK's Powersports, there seems to be a more proactive approach to resolving problems compared to when I owned a 2010.

murphybrown
04-11-2014, 07:22 AM
Thanks for posting the service bulletin number. Makes me sound soooo smart when I call dealer. Thanks. :bowdown::thumbup:

Cruzr Joe
04-11-2014, 10:10 AM
Thanks for posting the service bulletin number. Makes me sound soooo smart when I call dealer. Thanks. :bowdown::thumbup:

Where the did you see a service bulletin #. .?

cruzr joe

Bob Denman
04-11-2014, 11:04 AM
:agree: :shocked::hun:

SpyderAnn01
04-11-2014, 11:08 AM
I called my dealer after reading this and he could not find anything on the dealer website

Bob Denman
04-11-2014, 11:51 AM
Clearly; this is something that's going to require some more homework on our part... :gaah:
Keep your ears to the rails, and your eyes on the skies; report back on what you learn! :thumbup:

SAPD911
04-11-2014, 12:43 PM
I had the oil leak and tranny slippage. Both fixed with no problems. I know what you are going thru!

There is a TSB for the oil/tranny leak (set screw leak). Didn't know there was one for the tranny slipping.

ARtraveler
04-11-2014, 01:05 PM
I will be watching and listening too. :popcorn::popcorn:

acinpcola
04-11-2014, 03:06 PM
Still here in Kissimmee for another night and talked with my selling dealer this morning, and the Salesman had not heard anything on a new bulletin or recall.

Am truly loving my 2014 RT S and am looking forward to the journey home tomorrow.

Bob Denman
04-12-2014, 06:14 PM
Al!
Have a safe trip home! :thumbup:
What sort of distances between fuel stops, have you been travelling?
On my 2010; I normally filled-up at about 135 miles.
The first time to a pitstop with the new baby happened at 160.1 miles...
(I was nervous...)
And this most recent one was a 199.8!

I think I know why...:D
The older bikes just didn't get the fuel mileage of these 1330/6-speeders, and overfilling the tank was a good way to stink like raw gas! :shocked:
With the better fuel economy; I feel "safer", stretching it out. I'm also not as nervous about "soiling" the evaporative canister; since it's been re-designed! :2thumbs: