PDA

View Full Version : Help on 12 volt accessories

tplayer49
04-09-2014, 02:40 PM
Hi,

Thanks for the advice all. Question about the mounting of 12 v stuff. I think I want to have a couple of 12v leads to run a GPS and probably my Firstgear heat gloves. How do I do that?

As I am now negoitating for a 2014 STS SE 5... I would like to get a dealer to do it... because they are putting the bike together. What do I ask for?

Joe

Chupaca
04-09-2014, 02:43 PM
They can add 12 volt outlets if needed and plug ins for your heated gear. Just let them know what you want and they will help you out..:thumbup:

tigerdr
04-09-2014, 02:48 PM
You need one harness from the battery to the GPS and the Fisrt Gear harness from the battery to the dashboard. In the dashboard, you install a DC connector like this one.86176

bluestratos
04-09-2014, 04:43 PM
In my opinion, all 12 accessories start with a new fuse panel. With that in place anything else you do is easy and safe. Also, use a disconnect at all major body components )frunk, dash, trunk and main frame so service requires no cutting of wires. There several systems already to go for motorcycles on the market or you can build one as I did here:

NancysToy
04-09-2014, 05:23 PM
The best way would be to install an auxiliary fuse block and some accessory outlets like the Powerlet outlets. Your options will be much more limited if you have the dealer do the work...many of them only want to use the BRP accessories and shy away from the aftermarket.