PDA

View Full Version : Did anyone survive the crash?

StSpyder09
08-26-2008, 11:14 PM
Hello Everyone,

As you might know, I'm pretty new to this site, so excuse me if this has been addressed a thousand times already.

Hasn't anyone ever crashed their :spyder:??? So what did it look like after, and more importantly, what did the rider(s) look like?

dltang
08-26-2008, 11:32 PM
Here are some photos of Spyder vs. Deer. The driver did walk away with no injuries but the spyder was totaled. He believes if he was on a regular motorcycle that may not have been the case.

http://www.SpyderTalk.com/forums/uploads/post-1877-1208455177.jpg
http://www.SpyderTalk.com/forums/uploads/post-1877-1208455306.jpg

Greg H.
08-27-2008, 04:46 AM
that's not good... :( Out where I live it is getting to be that time of year when the deer are out more. We have never hit one in the 11 years we have lived in the country. But, we see them quite a bit. I have about 20 miles of backcountry driving/riding before I get to the town, I work in.

The deer topic was one of the things my Wife brought up a few months back when the motorcycle topic came up (again). Only once, since I've ordered the Spyder has she mentioned it.

Certainly when you live in an area like us, you must always be aware that at any time, a deer could dart in front of you.

NancysToy
08-27-2008, 07:33 AM
Two friends have hit deer on bikes already this year, and it isn't even the season for it yet. Scary stuff! The urban deer population is huge now. They outnumber racoons in some suburbs. Be careful, careful, careful!
-Scotty

StSpyder09
08-27-2008, 05:36 PM
Here are some photos of Spyder vs. Deer. The driver did walk away with no injuries but the spyder was totaled. He believes if he was on a regular motorcycle that may not have been the case.

http://www.SpyderTalk.com/forums/uploads/post-1877-1208455177.jpg
http://www.SpyderTalk.com/forums/uploads/post-1877-1208455306.jpg

I was in Great Britain (USAFE). A friend (who had a need for speed) was giving me a ride to work. We saw a small deer in the road. He slowed to let it pass, then floored it. At about 75-80 mph a huge buck jumped out.:yikes: He tried to break to no avail. He hit it:yikes:. He must have closed his eyes. I couldn't:popcorn:, this was a first for me:popcorn:. So, with his eyes closed, he hits it, it explodes, the head goes one way, the hind part goes the opposite way, and the torso is sucked under the hood through any means possible.:popcorn: When he finally opened his eyes and the car stopped dropping parts (of the car). He asks me where did it go. I told him, "It exploded!" He didn't believe me until we reached the base BTGOG, and he opended the hood to find the entire torso of the deer wraped around the engine block.:barf:nojoke. The guys tied tree antlers to his hood, and spray painted "Deer Killer" on the doors.

I haven't seen many deer in this area, just bad drivers.:(
Thanks for responding. A photo is still worth a thousand words.

Glad to hear the ryder was OK.

jedd
08-27-2008, 05:43 PM
this topic would make a good sticky just for a reminder and to see survival is a posssibity---JMO:thumbup:

2spyders
08-27-2008, 07:07 PM
Having hit a deer in my "other Spyder" (Toyota), I sure as heck do not want to hit one on a Spyder or motorcycle :pray:. Gives me a stomach-ache just thinking about it!

Greg H.
08-27-2008, 08:13 PM
I was in Great Britain (USAFE). A friend (who had a need for speed) was giving me a ride to work. We saw a small deer in the road. He slowed to let it pass, then floored it. At about 75-80 mph a huge buck jumped out.:yikes: He tried to break to no avail. He hit it:yikes:. He must have closed his eyes. I couldn't:popcorn:, this was a first for me:popcorn:. So, with his eyes closed, he hits it, it explodes, the head goes one way, the hind part goes the opposite way, and the torso is sucked under the hood through any means possible.:popcorn: When he finally opened his eyes and the car stopped dropping parts (of the car). He asks me where did it go. I told him, "It exploded!" He didn't believe me until we reached the base BTGOG, and he opended the hood to find the entire torso of the deer wraped around the engine block.:barf:nojoke. The guys tied tree antlers to his hood, and spray painted "Deer Killer" on the doors.

I haven't seen many deer in this area, just bad drivers.:(
Thanks for responding. A photo is still worth a thousand words.

Glad to hear the ryder was OK.

So; you all shared cooked venison? :yikes:

sleepman
08-27-2008, 08:24 PM
Would like to see a picture of the poor guy who was riding that thing, must have been pretty messy himself following that accident.:yikes:

Kind of funny coincidence, I read this thread this morning that then when I left for work got just one street over and saw where car had just hit a deer. Kinda eerie really. The deer where I'm at in Florida aren't the little key deer either.

zzneonzz
08-27-2008, 08:41 PM
Would like to see a picture of the poor guy who was riding that thing, must have been pretty messy himself following that accident.:yikes:

Kind of funny coincidence, I read this thread this morning that then when I left for work got just one street over and saw where car had just hit a deer. Kinda eerie really. The deer where I'm at in Florida aren't the little key deer either.

Actually if i recall this guy didn't even leave the spyder and just suffered some bruises. But i could be wrong as the pics were posted several months ago originally.

Roaddog2
08-27-2008, 08:43 PM

as a deer hit survivor myself here in CT in 1987 on a 86 H-D FXST I was lucky and was able to limp away.Very glad Rider was able to walk away and when you get to replace your :spyder:you should sport a small deer sticker on the side to show your kill evrybody should watch out for Turkey also they are just as deadley as deer and are a big problem for Bikes and :spyder:here in CT. Deer whistles are a waste of time had them on my softail when I hit mine.