PDA

View Full Version : New Cooler Rack

Gray Ghost
04-08-2014, 07:50 PM
Great day today, even with crappy weather. Rode the Spyder over to Outlaw in Edgewater to get Mike to build me a cooler rack. Pretty stiff wind on the way over so I also got to check out how the new BajaRon swaybar worked. Definitely rode better in the wind.

Mike did a great job on putting together a cooler rack for me. My original thought wouldn't have worked out, but he came up with just the right design.

Thanks Mike.

Cruzr Joe
04-08-2014, 07:52 PM
looks good, my trailer has something similar and it is a great addition.

Cruzr Joe

Chupaca
04-08-2014, 07:58 PM
Great job. Looks very nice mounted up. Congrats..!! :2thumbs:

NancysToy
04-08-2014, 08:26 PM
Be careful. A loaded cooler can weigh 80 pounds or more, depending on the load and the size. That would be even more force at the hitch ball with the leverage of the extension. Remember the 40 pound limit on the tongue weight...at the hitch ball.

Spacetrucker
04-08-2014, 10:30 PM
Had to make my tong longer, on the 662 trl. That made it better for cool and tire gas can on tong.

ronrico
04-08-2014, 11:21 PM
Joe is that a 1motorcyletrailer? I have been looking at them really close since they make a white now. If it is would like to know how you like it. And a better question how does the better half like it. thanks and will see you at SF

Cruzr Joe
04-09-2014, 08:13 AM
Joe is that a 1motorcyletrailer? I have been looking at them really close since they make a white now. If it is would like to know how you like it. And a better question how does the better half like it. thanks and will see you at SF

It is the Escape XL model and it is great, no problems at all and can haul a lot of stuff.

cruzr joe

Purple Guy
04-09-2014, 09:38 AM
Looks real good! :thumbup:

Dragonfly
04-09-2014, 09:57 AM
My cooler will hide two 1 gal. gas cans . Sorry Joe, like your cans better but not the price.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

bmwlarry
04-09-2014, 11:42 AM
A hint to loading the trailer with a cooler!! When I am loading the trailer for a camping or road trip, I hang the tongue from the ceiling of the garage with a weight scale. I first load the cooler with what I want in it and add water to account for the weight of the ice. I next start loading the trailer while watching the scale so I can keep the tongue weight at or below 40 lbs. It is important not to overload the tongue but is also important not to have it too light!

Gray Ghost
04-09-2014, 01:43 PM
Thanks for the weight reminders. This isn't my first trailer with cooler rack for a motorcycle though. Used one with my Yamaha Venture for touring.

Cruzr Joe
04-09-2014, 05:12 PM
My cooler will hide two 1 gal. gas cans . Sorry Joe, like your cans better but not the price.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

HEY ...................... Lets quit talking about my can. :roflblack::roflblack::roflblack:

Cruzr Joe

Dragonfly
04-09-2014, 07:13 PM
I knew you would pick up on that, that is why I said cans! :roflblack:
But since you showed yours I'll show mine.
I added air vents thanks to Amazon since new gas cans do not have air vents, 1/2 drill bit and a hammer and 2 minutes later you have the much needed air vents or aka vacuum breaks.