PDA

View Full Version : 2010 RT-S Shock relocator Question

TroyboyRn
04-08-2014, 02:24 PM
Hello

First off i was wondering if anyone has put these on their RT and if they did did they do what they advertise. Secondly, If i get a pair of elka's this winter will i be able to use the relocates or not. Is it a waste off money to get them if I plan on upgrading my shocks this next winter when funds allow. Any advise would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

warp10
04-08-2014, 02:38 PM
Call Len at Pitbull, 417-863-1418, he designed the relocators and he can get you a good price on Elkas :yes:

rcantrell52
04-08-2014, 06:42 PM
Troy,
Our 2010 RT-S was the prototype for the shock relocators, we already had Elka shocks on and added the relocators after that. Even with the Elkas, the shock relocators made a noticeable difference in the ride. I posted a thread about this and my first impressions of them. You might do a search and look at the post and other comments made on the thread.
Reese

Chupaca
04-08-2014, 07:07 PM
Don't have the RT but if you are getting elka shocks for yours I would wait till you have those installed. They are set up to your weight and your handling will change dramatically. Then see if you need more. I have an RS and elkas are not within reach so after the BajaRon sway bar, which helped handling a lot, I added the relocators which also helped a great deal. But I am running stock shocks. If you do it all at once you will not know which makes the real difference. Jmo..:thumbup:

bmwlarry
04-09-2014, 11:54 AM
I had them installed at Spyderfest last year. I already had BajaRons sway bar and Elka shocks. I seriously believe it was better with only the shocks and sway bar. I am considering removing it and trying it without for awhile!

This is jut me saying!

jthornton
04-09-2014, 11:58 AM
On my 2012 RT I added the BajaRon sway bar then the shock re-locators then the Elka +1. I had an improvement in handling at every step and would do it again.

JT

Bob Denman
04-09-2014, 12:33 PM
Those three changes, will bring your 2010 as close to a 2014's handling as is possible...
... without the payment booklet! :D :2thumbs:

TroyboyRn
04-10-2014, 10:28 AM
Thanks everyone for the advice. One final question. I have read that you can dial down the preload if you have the relocates. When i do order the elka's do they take that into account when setting them up if you have relocates on board? I see they ask for my weight and riding style. Do I need to be concerned with this when i order the elka's?

Thanks in advance

boomerkc
04-10-2014, 10:59 AM
Or PM him at Pitbull. Len developed them and sells a lot of Elkas. In fact, you might consider buying from Elka Direct (SL sponsor) and let Len know you have the relocators when you order. He can adjust accordingly.

Bob Denman
04-10-2014, 12:28 PM
:agree: Len came up with the brackets; he's the guy who should know best how to set the shocks up for them. :clap: :2thumbs:

ThreeWheels
04-10-2014, 01:40 PM
I would definitely do the BajaRon bar first.
Single biggest bang for the buck.
Once you install the Ronbar, you may find you don't need the Elkas or relocator kits. I'd still install the RonLinks just for peace of mind.

As always, my free advice comes with a double your money back guarantee.

TroyboyRn
04-10-2014, 04:21 PM
Thanks for the advice. I already upgraded to the bajaron sway bar this spring and it helps a lot. But still I'm fighting the bike in turns and in the wind. It may be dt the fact I'm fairly tall at 6'4 and weigh 225lbs. most of my weight is up high so i think my center of gravity is a bit higher. getting the relocates in the mail soon. Cheaper upgrade than the Elka's at the present. hopefully getting them later this year. switching to the tall boy ultimate seat helped more than anything so far. i feel i can actually relax and sit in a natural position.

Thanks everyone for your 2 cents worth. Greatly appreciated.

jthornton
04-10-2014, 05:22 PM
When I added the shock locators I noticed an improvement in gusty conditions like highway speeds in traffic.

JT