PDA

View Full Version : Music Options

jthornton
04-08-2014, 10:32 AM
I have an eye pod in the trunk and like that ok but the speakers are not all that great and all the road noise can be tiring. A recent post on ear buds and Sena sparked some interested.

My question is can you listen to your eye pod with the Sena/ear bud combo?

JT

bullant12
04-08-2014, 10:45 AM
I have an eye pod in the trunk and like that ok but the speakers are not all that great and all the road noise can be tiring. A recent post on ear buds and Sena sparked some interested.

My question is can you listen to your eye pod with the Sena/ear bud combo?

JT

If your iPod is Bluetooth capable, yes. And also the Sena clamp also has an 3mm jack where you can connect your non-Bluetooth device.

http://senabluetooth.com/product/intercoms/smh10/#tab-in-the-box

jthornton
04-08-2014, 11:12 AM
Yep, I just looked and the eye pod has blue tooth, can you switch channels from the handlebars like usual?

JT

finless
04-08-2014, 12:01 PM
Yep, I just looked and the eye pod has blue tooth, can you switch channels from the handlebars like usual?

JT

Yes as BT from iPod to helmet doesn't change the connection to the iPod from the trunk for controlling it..

However I would get the Sena SM10 and hook it to the radio so you get all audio to your helmet not just the iPod. Cable is easy to make see my DIY video on it.

Bob

jthornton
04-10-2014, 02:37 PM
Bob,

Nice video and I have tons of those connectors on motherboards somewhere. I just never listen to the radio...

What is the difference between these two Sena SHM-10's

http://www.amazon.com/Sena-SMH10D-10-Motorcycle-Bluetooth-Intercom/dp/B0087NAZM0/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1397158479&sr=8-1&keywords=sena+smh10

http://www.amazon.com/Sena-SMH10D-11-Motorcycle-Bluetooth-Microphone/dp/B0087NB0ZQ/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1397158479&sr=8-2&keywords=sena+smh10

Thanks
JT

retirednick
04-10-2014, 02:56 PM
It's a trick question right? They have 2 different mic arangements. One is fixed to the mounting module and the other allows different placement within the helmet.

jthornton
04-10-2014, 05:31 PM
It's a trick question right? They have 2 different mic arangements. One is fixed to the mounting module and the other allows different placement within the helmet.

Sorry, I have a short attention span today...

That's what I thought, I guess one is for 3/4 and one is for full face? Seems to me the -10 with the mike built into the knob thingy is the one for a 3/4 helmet? And if your getting the helmet clamp for ear buds the it won't matter...

JT

finless
04-10-2014, 06:38 PM
I thought you could get the dual pack and that comes with both mic types? My SMH5-fm's did.

Bob

jthornton
04-11-2014, 06:17 AM
They look to be different the -10 is the one with the boom mike that is part of the helmet unit.

http://sena.com/product/intercoms/smh10/#tab-in-the-box

And after searching for a while I finally found the page that explains all the part numbers to me :banghead:

http://sena.com/product/intercoms/smh10/#tab-ordering-information

Help me Dave...

JT

rworell
04-11-2014, 06:23 AM
So how is the Sena SMH10's quality as far as fidelity? I understand it may be good but is it really clean? How is the bass responce. i'm very interested in purchasing myself but do like an earbud type of sound, but the earbuds do hurt after a while...

Great thread and info too :2thumbs:

Rich

bcoulter19
04-11-2014, 06:55 AM
Yes as BT from iPod to helmet doesn't change the connection to the iPod from the trunk for controlling it..

However I would get the Sena SM10 and hook it to the radio so you get all audio to your helmet not just the iPod. Cable is easy to make see my DIY video on it.

Bob

Where would I find your DIY video on how to hook the sena into your radio and will this work on the 2013 RTs?

Bill

jthornton
04-11-2014, 07:01 AM
Where would I find your DIY video on how to hook the sena into your radio and will this work on the 2013 RTs?

Bill

It's in the DIY forum. Just search for sena radio in the DIY forum. Hint use advanced search single to pick the forum.

Or use this link (http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/showthread.php?54867-Sena-quot-stock-quot-SM10-wiring-to-the-BRP-radio-Make-your-own-Dongle!&highlight=sena+radio)...

JT

bcoulter19
04-11-2014, 07:18 AM
I looked under his profile. I should have looked before I asked duh!!!!!

I'm not awake yet this morning. i was thinking about getting a new radio. I currently have the cardo G4 and was looking at the Sena.
I'm trying to decise if I should wait until the 20's come out or not. any opinions.

Bill

jthornton
04-11-2014, 03:16 PM
I just ordered the Sena SMH10-10 and the adapter for the ear buds from Motorcycle Dave's. Gave him a call and had a nice chat with him and we got everything sorted out and reminisced a bit about Will Stockdale and how my web site got it's url. I'm just glad I found out Dave is a Sena dealer before I ordered it from Amazon...

JT

jthornton
04-13-2014, 07:10 AM
With the Sena SMH-10 does it pair up automagiclly or do you have to select somehow who/what you pair up with? Say for example your riding with a group and some have Sena's can you pair up with them and your music source? I'm just wondering how this all works???

JT

DrewNJ
04-13-2014, 07:19 AM
With the Sena SMH-10 does it pair up automagiclly or do you have to select somehow who/what you pair up with? Say for example your riding with a group and some have Sena's can you pair up with them and your music source? I'm just wondering how this all works???

JT

Absolutely, we do this all the time. We are paired to multiple riders and passengers and listen to music or take a call from your phone.
Basically, when your listening to music and someone chimes in, your music stops. The music then picks back up automatically once your conversation is terminated.
The Sena to Sena com link is not Bluetooth from what I understand. This is why the range is as good as it is. All the other connections are Bluetooth.

Sent from my Venue 8 3830 using Tapatalk

DrewNJ
04-13-2014, 07:21 AM
Oh, they don't initially auto pair with other headsets. You have to go into the config menu and pair them. However, once they are initially paired, they will auto pair at startup if within range from then on.

Sent from my Venue 8 3830 using Tapatalk

jthornton
04-13-2014, 07:34 AM
Thanks for the explanation. That makes sense now. Can't wait to get mine from Motorcycle Dave's...

JT

jthornton
04-16-2014, 10:09 AM
Got my SMH10 from Motorcycle Dave yesterday and charged it up. Pretty cool so far. The ear buds are supposed to show up today. Too bad it was in the mid 30's this morning in Swamp East Missouri!

JT

jthornton
04-16-2014, 11:55 AM
I couldn't stand it and took the Sena to town to gas up the GL1800 and see how the 622 tows behind the Wing. On the way back I kept hearing CB talking and it didn't seem to matter what volume level I had on the Sena... I'm looking on the display and it doesn't show any audio running so I'm a bit stumped. And it sounded just like it was coming out of the headphones... well I got back and pulled my helmet off and there is was again loud as ever coming out of the Goldwing speakers! Seems the CB was on but not showing up on the display... I wonder if that is what was draining my battery?

Oh and the 622 tows just as nice behind the Wing as it does behind the Spyder!

JT

Highwayman2013
04-16-2014, 12:56 PM
There are a lot of good videos on you tube from revzilla on how to operate the sena units.

jthornton
04-16-2014, 01:06 PM
There are a lot of good videos on you tube from revzilla on how to operate the sena units.

The Sena unit seems easy enough to operate, know of any good videos on how to turn the CB off on a Goldwing?:joke::joke::joke:

JT

jthornton
04-17-2014, 01:58 PM
I'm not too sure about the ear buds at this point... do you put them on and let the cable dangle or do you try and have them hanging from the helmet which is what I tried at first but proved to be a PIA to get your helmet on...

I'm all ears on any suggestions...

JT