PDA

View Full Version : New Helmets, can't wait to be able to use them!

SteveMac
04-06-2014, 08:47 PM
My itch to ride is getting awful. Gonna have to scratch it soon. But until then I have to settle for sitting here in my chair with my helmet on. LOL.

Connie and I had the O'neal Full Face helmets last year. I liked them a lot and the fit was great. But they have a couple of years on them and I wanted to try a modular helmet. Did some shopping and read a lot of reviews. I settled on the Bell EVO helmets. They arrived and the fit is spot on. Love the flip up on the modular. Will make it much easier to grab a breath of air or a sip off a water bottle. I ordered extra the photo chromatic shields. These will go from clear at night to a dark smoke on a sunny day. And they also have an additional flip down tinted for extra eye protection on an intensely sunny day. Our old helmets had a dark smoke shield, but I would have to flip it up at night before and wear clear glasses to keep bugs out. So I think I will like these Bell Photo Chromatic shields a lot.

And since I am sitting here with time to kill, I can get our SENA sets affixed and ready to go.

Man, I am looking forward to that first ride of 2014 soon!

Chupaca
04-06-2014, 09:20 PM
Get a big fan and blow some air at yourself..try the helmet out till it's all clear to go....:2thumbs:

SteveMac
04-06-2014, 09:24 PM
Good idea! And I can play sounds from the Isle of Man TT race in the speakers for some sound effects! Add a little motion to my chair and it will be the full riding experience! LOL

Spacetrucker
04-06-2014, 10:44 PM
That's right. Sit and do tv with your new helmets on and that way they get Brocken in before you ride?? Good thing yes?? You have time siting their. Get well soon.....

arntufun
04-07-2014, 07:02 AM
A $40.00 helmet is for a $40.00 head................... :roflblack: Ah.... the good ol days.... :coffee:

Hope you heal quickly, and see you at the Quest. :thumbup:

Bob Denman
04-07-2014, 07:16 AM
They look like a nice helmet! :thumbup:
I'm trying to talk the Missus into a couple of HJC modulars; the ones with the integral sunshields... :doorag:

SteveMac
04-07-2014, 07:51 AM
A $40.00 helmet is for a $40.00 head................... :roflblack: Ah.... the good ol days.... :coffee:

Hope you heal quickly, and see you at the Quest. :thumbup:

Rough crowd. I just can't win!! :roflblack:

Bob Denman
04-07-2014, 08:01 AM
(Ask him about his "Three-Dollar" footwear... :D)